RCI My Time Dining vs Princess Any Time Dining

rebeltech8

Hello all,

My wife and I have sailed on Princess several times and always choose Any Time Dining in the MDR.  We liked the freedom it gave us go to dinner when it was convent for us.  We are sailing with RCI on the Radiance of the Seas this spring and signed up for My Time Dining .  It seem to be a little different from Princess,  since reservations are required.

is it possible to treat My Time Dining  like Any Time Dining?  You know, show up at the MDR, wait in a stand-by line (if necessary), and eat when it meets our schedule?

This allows us to “Vacation Our Way” and not be tied to a schedule.  I am sure others have done this and if so,  what was your experience and would you do it again?

appreciate your input

4 minutes ago, rebeltech8 said:

Hello all,

My wife and I have sailed on Princess several times and always choose Any Time Dining in the MDR.  We liked the freedom it gave us go to dinner when it was convent for us.  We are sailing with RCI on the Radiance of the Seas this spring and signed up for My Time Dining .  It seem to be a little different from Princess,  since reservations are required.

is it possible to treat My Time Dining  like Any Time Dining?  You know, show up at the MDR, wait in a stand-by line (if necessary), and eat when it meets our schedule?

This allows us to “Vacation Our Way” and not be tied to a schedule.  I am sure others have done this and if so,  what was your experience and would you do it again?

appreciate your input

No need for any reservations, just walk up, wait and be seated.  MTD now has the earliest seating at 6:45.  Lots of chatter lately about long wait times if you want to eat at opening time.  Many early MTD  have now opted to return to early traditional which is about 5:15. Our opinion is we have never tried MTD and never will, a long, late and traditional dining experience at a large table is for us. happy cruising

2 hours ago, rebeltech8 said:

Hello all,

appreciate your input

You can do that however, if you show up at a popular time you may to wait in line for perhaps 15 minutes in order to speak to someone who gives you a beeper to wait another 30 to 45 minutes.  They will give those people with reservations priority.

Think of a land-based restaurant where they take reservations, and you just show up.  If not busy fine.  If busy there will be await.