New to Celebrity: Looking for info on Beyond

CariBear

The change to all Select Dining was to improve the wait times by increasing the turns on tables.  
With traditional dining you have a dining room open from 5:30 - 9 and a specified number of seats.  Those seats will serve 2 people in that 3.5 hour period.  Select dining opening at 5:30 has the potential for a portion of the seats to serve 3 people in that same amount of time.  A 5:30 diner out by 6;45 -7. 2nd person seated at 7:out by 8:15-8;30 3rd person seated at 8:30.  

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The change to all Select Dining was to improve the wait times by increasing the turns on tables.  
With traditional dining you have a dining room open from 5:30 - 9 and a specified number of seats.  Those seats will serve 2 people in that 3.5 hour period.  Select dining opening at 5:30 has the potential for a portion of the seats to serve 3 people in that same amount of time.  A 5:30 diner out by 6;45 -7. 2nd person seated at 7:out by 8:15-8;30 3rd person seated at 8:30.  

The issue with this is communication. On the 10/26 sailing there was nothing in the cabin that communicated the changeover. And when speaking with employees there was no acknowledgement and apology for the change. It was as if what you previously reserved never existed. Employees obviously were instructed just to say 'you can eat in any dining room, anytime' and literally that phrase was repeated by all employees with no explanation on the change. An email prior to boarding communicating the change would have at least informed people of the change . 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, kwokpot said:

Basically yes, that's how it went. It started with the 10/26th sailing. I made the post here on CC and basically no one believed me. One person thought I was making it up and thought Celebrity would never do something like that, which is EXACTLY what they did. 

I believed you! Want you to know that your heads up was helpful.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, kwokpot said:

Basically yes, that's how it went. It started with the 10/26th sailing. I made the post here on CC and basically no one believed me. One person thought I was making it up and thought Celebrity would never do something like that, which is EXACTLY what they did. 

To clarify, I said I asked the woman who own the travel agency I use - who was on the naming cruise - about it and at that point TAs had not been given any information that it was permanent. And she had asked since she figured, like I did from the reports, that it was a staffing issue and/or something special for that cruise. SHE ASKED and was told it was not permanent.

Clearly Celebrity gave her false information. Which honestly doesn't make me want to stick with them beyond this summer's cruise to use up my NRD - if they're going to lie to people who are supposed to be selling their product... Not a good look.