Strange question Re taking an appliance onboard

Flojoe8

Hi there. We have been on many cruises (over 20) but since we have last cruised I now have a lymphatic pump to help me with my lymphodema ย in my arm (due to lymph node removal after cancer treatment) itโ€™s a LX9 pump. My question is if I take it on as carry on will they querie it and for some reason take it off me? As they may not know what it is.ย 
we are going on back to back on Quantum Of the seas ย in Dec/Jan. Any advice would be appreciated x

Edited by Flojoe8
Spelling

1 minute ago, Tripmode33 said:

Not sure of that specific piece of equipment but I'm sure it will be fine. Medical aids usually fine.ย  It's usually only heating appliances that will be questioned.

Awesome. Thank you so much for your reply. I was assuming that was the case but wasnโ€™t sure. Thank you.ย 

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts/replies. I guess technically itโ€™s not medical (I can go without it) itโ€™s just like having a massage on my arm or a lymphatic drain massage. I will call or email them just for peace of mind I thinkย as I would like to take it as arm is worse ย and swells in the heat (and we going South Pacific) and the massages on ship are

quite expensive so wouldnโ€™t want to have a daily massage thereย ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Thanks againย 

56 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm sure that sort of appliance will be fine. I take a small electric fan onboard every cruise with me as often the cabins are a bit too warm for me at night. I've never had a problem with it.

Thanks OzKiwiJJ. ๐Ÿ™

ย