The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday November 30th, 2022

richwmn

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I have a couple of intersecting issues.  I posted about a month ago that I had an issue with inflamed lips and had seen the Doctor.  He thought it was one of 2 issues and gave me a prescription for the one he thought most likely.  It seemed to be helping for a few days but did not really and the lips were much worse by the time I got home.  Turns out my Doctor is on vacation but I will see a colleague tomorrow.  

I also mentioned that my passport expires before my next cruise.  There are now 2 options for renewal,  either online or by mail.  The online option is still a bit awkward but I finally did get through it.  One thing that's required for either method is a photo, and that became a real hassle.  I started with my UPS store and was able to get both versions but when I submitted online it was rejected for some technical reasons, and I was squinting some.  I figured if I submitted by mail it would also be rejected and seriously delay the process

Next I tried several pharmacies that claim to do passport photos (CVS and Walgreens) all failures.  One got to the end of the process but aborted because they did not have a USB drive and could not put it on mine.  Another said their camera was broken and yet another said flatly "We don't  do digital"  Yesterday morning I tried the local FEDEX office, finally with a success, and the application is submitted, but my old passport was invalidated immediately, so there's no international travel for at least 2 months.  It would be nice to get away from our winter for a while but it won't happen this year.

Unfortunately, those lips will ;dog me for as long as I have that passport.  I don't think it's a good idea to post my actual passport photo but here's the one that was rejected.

SKM_C36822112513420.thumb.jpg.9fac0a2d9d6304f38a3a648948aecafc.jpg

Roy

Roy, I hope your new treatment works. Sorry to read you are still suffering. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Wow, Sandi! I can not imagine walking in those costumes, never mind dancing in them. 

Me neither, Ann!  Especially those two guys in picture 3. It was huge as you can tell from picture 4. Must have weighed a ton (not literally). 😛

• Like 2