Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Pretty soon my food came out... "Orgasmic ribs" as they call them, oxtails, rice and peas, and macaroni and cheese. I couldn't believe how great it was. When I was done, I told the waitress that the ribs "lived up to their name", and she was quite amused... This whole meal, including a beer and a bottled water came to $28.00... I gave her $40, and told her to keep the change... I would have happily paid forty plus tip, had it been that much.

PXL_20221208_155006416.thumb.jpg.5eb203459fb5a15212632e852b68deb7.jpg

PXL_20221208_155010099.thumb.jpg.517ca471c172d2bc8e65a201157a85cc.jpg

PXL_20221208_155017255.thumb.jpg.4477ca1de9046e720bca23939bf072c2.jpg

PXL_20221208_155024064.jpg

Looks amazing! My MIL use to make the BEST Oxtail Soup.

• Like 2

Next thing I knew, I was back on the local bus headed back towards Great Bay... Earlier in the day, I had popped into a little shop with liquor and Cuban cigars. I talked to the lady in there for awhile, and said I'd buy a box of cigars and two bottles of Pure White Hennessy if I could get a couple of cardboard boxes to pack them in. I didn't bring my checked bag this trip, as I just didn't feel like lugging it. At the price she quoted me for the Hennessy, I could almost cover most of the cigars with the profit I'd make by selling them to my coworkers. I had already told them I wouldn't be getting any, and they were cool with it, but if I could figure out some way to pack them, they would be happy... She said she'd give me whatever cardboard boxes I wanted if I came back.

So, when I was on the bus headed back towards town, I saw an office supply store, and jumped out to find some packing tape. I normally bring a roll of tape with me, but I was packing light this trip and left it home. Now, I'd have everything I needed to accomplish my mission.

PXL_20221208_165012999.jpg

• Like 10

When I finished that, I wanted to check the last thing off my list for the day: get my butt in the ocean... I've got my fancy beach bag full of necessities, including lots of cash, so I tried to find the most honest people I could to watch it while I went in for a swim. The first couple I asked agreed to do it, and I was in the water. Lots of times I have to ask five or six different people before someone will do it... 

• Like 13

I stayed out there about a half hour or more, knowing it would be next May before I made it to a beach again. It was great to finally be submerged in the clear blue water, and I thought about some things I need to work on when I get back home. When I was done, I dried off with my Carnival towel and walked back toward Juggies Place for one more drink...

PXL_20221208_171347512.thumb.jpg.ea194aafac0015d2dfe203b3c204a6ee.jpg

PXL_20221208_171628153.jpg

• Like 14

That last hour or so I had put my phone away and decided to just "be on vacation"... No pictures. No review. No nothing but relaxation... I said that I was going to do more of that this week, but I've been pounding away at this review for most of the time... This was just a little "me time"...

Next, I went to the shop to purchase the liquor and Cuban cigars, and headed towards the ferry dock back to the ship. At this point, I'm carrying my beach bag as well as two boxes and my liquor and Cuban cigars. It was a long walk, and when I finally made it back on board I expected to have to turn over the liquor for pickup on the last day. No one mentioned anything, and I just kept walking towards the stairs. By the time I got up the several flights, I was pooped... I took my clothes off and jumped in the shower again to wash away the day... 

I've been sitting over here at Alchemy Bar since then typing and uploading pictures, and they're about to open soon. I've got no idea what I'm going to eat tonight, or do in general for the rest of the week... All I know is that we have two sea days after today, then it's a long travel day home. I'm going to try and take some more time for myself these next couple of days, and just let it flow... I pretty much came into this vacation playing everything by the seat of my pants, and I guess that I'll just continue doing that. I'm not looking forward to work when I get back, but it's too early to think about that yet...

• Like 33

54 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I stayed out there about a half hour or more, knowing it would be next May before I made it to a beach again. It was great to finally be submerged in the clear blue water, and I thought about some things I need to work on when I get back home. When I was done, I dried off with my Carnival towel and walked back toward Juggies Place for one more drink...

Aren't you on Prima in February?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

Aren't you on Prima in February?

Yep, February 5th I think. You know what, I completely forgot about that! I guess it won't be next May before I get my butt back in the ocean! Thanks for reminding me...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

Between the Mardi Gras and Celebration I've still yet to eat dinner in the MDR... I'm thinking about hitting Chibang pretty soon for their dinner menu... I guess that I should have said I'm definitely about to go to Chibang after this drink...

• Like 10

21 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Miss Alabama just walked by. I could hear her from twenty five feet away, and knew exactly who it was... 

Lol, she is your "person" of the cruise.  You will now see (and hear) her everywhere.  It seems to always happen.  We give our "person" a nickname.  It seems like "Miss Alabama" is it for you.  Our nicknames are many times not politically correct.  It's so funny that we might not remember which cruise it was, but everyone will remember that special "person".

• Like 4
  • Haha 6