Three in an AF mini suite??

Can someone please let me know if the AF is crowded with 3 people in it [2 adults and 14 yr old boy]

- has anyone slept on the sofa bed - is it comfortable?

- I am guessing the steward packs away the bedding everyday and converts it to a bed at night? thanks!

Can someone please let me know if the AF is crowded with 3 people in it [2 adults and 14 yr old boy]

- has anyone slept on the sofa bed - is it comfortable?

- I am guessing the steward packs away the bedding everyday and converts it to a bed at night? thanks!

Perhaps your best choice for 3. The sofa is firm but gets packed away each night. There is a curtain the closes to separate the the two areas. Plenty of room for 3.

ndawn09.jpg

We were three in an AF--had Dad along. He thought the sofa bed was quite comfy and having the curtain to separate the sleeping areas was a big plus. Dad thought he had the best deal since he could wake up to the view of the water. Also the AF has more than enough storage areas for three. Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for the replies so far

- is it possible/practical to have the bed made up on the sofa as it is - so it is like a single bed [and not have the sofa pulled out to be a double bed]????

And if the sofa is pulled out is there still enough room to get round it and to the balcony?

i don't see why you couldn't just request the twin size duvet and pillow and let your son sleep on the couch not opened up - leave the curtain open and you'd have ocean view from the bed lol i sleep on my couch at home quite often

Not exactly. Check again and see how much space there is between the bed and the couch (complete with nightstand in between. There are a few other differences as well.

Definately not the same. ;) Here's a photo of a Balcony stateroom.

03_sr_ostrm_bal_lrg.jpg

The couch is a little smaller and the distance between the end of the bed and the wall look about the same. I don't think I would pay too much to have a mini suite over a balcony on NCL.

Little Britain, it can't be time for you to cruise again. We had the AF mini on the mexico cruise with you. My two boys (now 13-14) did fine on the couch. they said it was a little on the hard side, but our bed was great. Make sure you take your clear shoe holder to go over the bathroom door, it was a life saver for little stuff and shoes to keep that hallway from getting cluttered. the power strip was a great thing to as only one plug was available outside the bathroom. Have fun and represent team Zamboni. Are you ready for your Oreo's and a bottle of Oregon wine yet?

Have fun and represent team Zamboni. Are you ready for your Oreo's and a bottle of Oregon wine yet?
JetAct - you sure know a way to a gal's heart - a packet of Double Stuff Oreos and a bottle of Oregon Kings Estate finest white wine....:D . You can get neither over here...... thanks for your answers and when I am getting desperate I'll let you know where to send the food parcels to....[it willl seem like the war years all over again!]

Not exactly. Check again and see how much space there is between the bed and the couch (complete with nightstand in between. There are a few other differences as well.

Definately not the same. ;) Here's a photo of a Balcony stateroom.

03_sr_ostrm_bal_lrg.jpg

Are we turning this into one of those 'spot the difference' photos?? ......much smaller desk and no curtain and no bedside table between the bed and the sofa...!

Are we turning this into one of those 'spot the difference' photos?? ......much smaller desk and no curtain and no bedside table between the bed and the sofa...!

Okay, I see what you are referring to. Thank you.

So what is your favorite of the Kings estate? The Pinot Gris, Chardonnay or Vin Glace'. I'm sure eye patch and I could come up with a care package to help you through. Enough bubble wrap and i'm sure the double stuffs with make it over the pond.

So what is your favorite of the Kings estate? The Pinot Gris, Chardonnay or Vin Glace'. I'm sure eye patch and I could come up with a care package to help you through. Enough bubble wrap and i'm sure the double stuffs with make it over the pond.
oh - the Pinot Gris for sure...I HATE Chardonnay!!!!

Got these figures from NCL for the square footage of cabins on the new Pride of Hawaii, which I'm told is similar to Jewel.

BA Balcony - cabin 167 sq. ft, balcony 38 sq. ft.

Mini Suite - cabin 231 sq. ft, balcony 54 sq. ft.

After comparing the size of the BA cabin I'd reserved with the usual BA category balcony we're accustomed to on Celebrity, I switched to a mini suite. Celebrity's CC BA cabins are 191 sq. ft, balcony 41 sq. ft. Comfortable, but a short on balcony space. I couldn't see cutting down, so I went up. :rolleyes:

Archived