$50 Voyager Credit

alyssamma

I'm being told now that MSC doesn't apply this, or even show it on your booking, until you are on the ship. This is for booking 9-12mo in advance.

I'm "assured" it will show up once I'm onboard, even though nothing is in writing saying I'm getting it.

Every time I've sailed MSC and been told something would be taken care of onboard, guess what...it wasn't.

So, anyone else booking 12mo in advance hear this same thing?

Check your paper confirmation a few days after you booked.  I see the following added:

SB050GVS-Shipboard credit 50 Eur/Usd - 40 Gbp

When logged in to the online portal, the following shows in my booking:

Shipboard credit 50 Eur/Usd - 40 Gbp included

All this is automatic, no intervention needed on my part.

Edited by nyc12345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nyc12345 said:

Check your paper confirmation a few days after you booked.  I see the following added:

SB050GVS-Shipboard credit 50 Eur/Usd - 40 Gbp

When logged in to the online portal, the following shows in my booking:

Shipboard credit 50 Eur/Usd - 40 Gbp included

All this is automatic, no intervention needed on my part.

Thanks...this is what I assumed. I will have to call back again and get it added.

• Like 1

I just got off meraveglia today, my booking showed 100. onboard credit from months ago when I booked it, I printed it out and brought it with me just incase, when I got onboard it did not show on the app, checked with guest services and they assured me that I had 100. obc, no bill was left at my cabin yesterday or today.

I did not want to go to guest services this morning so had no idea if they gave me my OBC.

I am home now, checked my credit card, I know the service charge for a 4 night was something like 112. ( I gave the cabin person a generous cash tip also, she was a doll) I know what the rest of my charges were and I can tell there is no OBC credited to my account.

Check the app once on board, if it doesn't show it under billing, I would question it because to me it's not worth fighting for100. after you get off.  Have a wonderful cruise.

All, to follow up for anyone else searching this thread. I called back again and got a rep a little more knowledgeable (or seemingly so). He said there is a new policy and the OBC doesn't show until final payment. That's fine with me...gives me 90 days to yell at them if there is a problem.

Again, this is *new*, so if you booked a while back, you'll probably see the OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Thanks...this is what I assumed. I will have to call back again and get it added.

I booked a cruise a week ago Monday, didn't see it on confirmation so called.  They said it's added manually in a day or 2 by back office. And it was.  I received another confirmation for that booking with the OBC.  I booked a second cruise last Wednesday and same thing.  Original confirmation didn't have it.  I received a second confirmation  without calling that had the OBC about 24 hours after booking.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I booked a cruise a week ago Monday, didn't see it on confirmation so called.  They said it's added manually in a day or 2 by back office. And it was.  I received another confirmation for that booking with the OBC.  I booked a second cruise last Wednesday and same thing.  Original confirmation didn't have it.  I received a second confirmation  without calling that had the OBC about 24 hours after booking.

Thanks. I guess my problem is I booked on a Tuesday...should have booked Wed or Mon 🙂

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, doones2 said:

The $50 obc shows up on my booking confirmation.  Are you saying that even though its confirmed  on my booking papers doesn’t mean I will get it when I get on the ship?

Mine showed up on my booking and with the documents I printed out.  When I got on the ship and checked the app it did not show anywhere, my reservation to rent an umbrella was there, my reservation for rock circus was there, but no OBC, I went to guest services and they said I definitely had 100. OBC. 

Now I can see on my credit card that the 100. was not credited towards my final amount, they never delivered a bill to my cabin so I couldn't check it, I am just suggesting that you make sure you get what is coming to you, I doubt I am the only person this has happened to.

36 minutes ago, coscab said:

Now I can see on my credit card that the 100. was not credited towards my final amount, they never delivered a bill to my cabin so I couldn't check it, I am just suggesting that you make sure you get what is coming to you, I doubt I am the only person this has happened to.

On our last 3 sailings (2 in YC and 1 in "gen pop") we did not receive an end of cruise bill.  This seems to be the norm.  Fortunately we went the 2nd to last day to close out our account, but I would have assumed we would get a $0 balance bill on the last day. Nope.

On the ships with the "MSC for Me" app I have never received a printed invoice on the last day in the cabin, I assume this is because we check on the app.

On ships without the app I have always received the printed invoice on the last day.

My experience is the $50 credit always appears on the booking confirmation a few days after booking.  In some cases it appeared for me and not my husband, as his voyagers club number wasn't on the booking - easily fixed by asking MSC to add his voyagers number.

Onboard the credit always shows up in the app, though sometimes only from the second day.

6 hours ago, 8420PR said:

On the ships with the "MSC for Me" app I have never received a printed invoice on the last day in the cabin, I assume this is because we check on the app.

On ships without the app I have always received the printed invoice on the last day.

My experience is the $50 credit always appears on the booking confirmation a few days after booking.  In some cases it appeared for me and not my husband, as his voyagers club number wasn't on the booking - easily fixed by asking MSC to add his voyagers number.

Onboard the credit always shows up in the app, though sometimes only from the second day.

I guess that means I will never get it because it was never on the app for me, that's why I checked with guest services on 3rd day and was assured I had it. 

I did have it in writing when I printed out my documents before boarding, I brought it with me, I suppose I could email it to MSC but not sure it would be worth the effort.  Great cruise, not so great billing department.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Ugh...reviving this thread. Has anyone who's booked in the last 3 weeks had a problem getting this credit applied?

TIA

I just checked my booking. I booked the seashore for Dec 2023 on 12/6/22. No obc on my paperwork, but, if I log in on the website and look at the cruise details, the $50pp obc shows up there. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 6:46 PM, coscab said:

We actually got a letter delivered to our cabin yesterday that said a bill would be left at our door but no bil yesterday or today before we got off, kind of silly to waste paper on that letter.

Just a warning... on my most recent cruise (YC, on Mera) I was HELD UP from getting off the ship because I had a TWO DOLLAR and change CREDIT balance on my account.  Yup.  The security guards wanted me to leave the line, go to guest services (AS IF!) and fill out a form agreeing to forfeit the excess OBC.  It was LUNACY.  So I suggest that you get a final statement just to make sure that you neither owe, or are "owed" any money.  

59 minutes ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

I just checked my booking. I booked the seashore for Dec 2023 on 12/6/22. No obc on my paperwork, but, if I log in on the website and look at the cruise details, the $50pp obc shows up there. 

Crap like this is why I *hate* MSC. I had stopped sailing them but a friend is getting married and going on Seascape for their honeymoon and asked us to join. I can emphatically say this is the absolute last MSC cruise I'll take. No amount of luxury on the ship is worth dealing with their customer service.

No, I booked a 2024 cruise online on Dec 27th and the OBC is showing up on the booking confirmation PDF. You have to make sure that your Voyager Number is associated with your booking for both you and the other person on the reservation. That's where I always have the issue. I have to call the day after I book to have them add the booking number for the second person on the reservation. I haven't found a way yet to add it myself online for the second person - I can edit almost everything else but this.

25 minutes ago, jame_g said:

No, I booked a 2024 cruise online on Dec 27th and the OBC is showing up on the booking confirmation PDF. You have to make sure that your Voyager Number is associated with your booking for both you and the other person on the reservation. That's where I always have the issue. I have to call the day after I book to have them add the booking number for the second person on the reservation. I haven't found a way yet to add it myself online for the second person - I can edit almost everything else but this.

Thanks. However the problem is on their end. I'm an MSC vet and understand what you have to do.

They keep telling me I'll get it onboard (which is a lie), so I have to just keep pestering until they do their job.

14 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Thanks. However the problem is on their end. I'm an MSC vet and understand what you have to do.

They keep telling me I'll get it onboard (which is a lie), so I have to just keep pestering until they do their job.

Right. Totally understand this. After our experience, I would no longer believe them that anything not on my docs will show up on board. That's not true and doesn't happen. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 6:39 PM, Morgsmom said:

Just a warning... on my most recent cruise (YC, on Mera) I was HELD UP from getting off the ship because I had a TWO DOLLAR and change CREDIT balance on my account.  Yup.  The security guards wanted me to leave the line, go to guest services (AS IF!) and fill out a form agreeing to forfeit the excess OBC.  It was LUNACY.  So I suggest that you get a final statement just to make sure that you neither owe, or are "owed" any money.  

Thanks for this, when I checked my credit card after the cruise it looked like my obc was never applied, seemed like I was billed more than I owed, wish I had gotten a final bill while still on the ship.  OBC had not shown up on app but when I went to customer service they assured me they were  showing it so I just figured it was a glitch on the app.  We are sailing on the Seashore in Jan. 2024. I will make sure I get some kind of a print out at least twice during the cruise.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 6:39 PM, Morgsmom said:

This happened to us last May in Copenhagen after 25 days of cruising. After waiting for over 3 hours at the handicap area, we got to the exit. DH went first riding his scooter, then I get stopped. I knew we hadn't spent the last 20€ but thought it was non-refundable ( compensation---which I had to fight for over 3 weeks while on board to get placed on our acct---when MSC canceled passengers on Seashore transatlantic fall 2021). We'd actually had 120€ remaining the last night. I donated 100 to the MSC fund and saved 20 for cappuccinos in the morning. We couldn't get to the chocolate shop as we were required to wait for handicap disembarking. I told DH to continue and wait for me in the terminal. Most likely he'd see me again.

• Thanks 1