Do new ships have indoor pools/solariums?

Tatka

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

Thank you very much. Looks like NCL will continue to not be our option in colder climate.

My DW would swim anyway. And the pool would be much less crowded making it easier to do her laps.😊 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s because I’m from FL, but I just don’t understand the appeal of indoor, climate controlled pools. If it’s cold, I’ll go in a hot tub and then curl up in an indoor lounge to relax. If I’m by a pool, I want sunshine and fresh air! We were in the Haven on the Breakaway and that roof was closed the whole time. In the Caribbean. Thankfully we had a large aft suite balcony to lounge on.

Edited by FLcruisergrl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Maybe it’s because I’m from FL, but I just don’t understand the appeal of indoor, climate controlled pools. If it’s cold, I’ll go in a hot tub and then curl up in an indoor lounge to relax. If I’m by a pool, I want sunshine and fresh air! We were in the Haven on the Breakaway and that roof was closed the whole time. In the Caribbean. Thankfully we had a large aft suite balcony to lounge on.

Will you do this in January sailing from Northeast in 15 - 45F ?

Anthem of the Seas Solarium for adults

AntDec-26397-1574270695.jpg

solarium.jpg

solarium-2-scaled-e1634743656797.jpeg

Anthem of the seas Indoor pool for families

Anthem-of-the-Seas-indoor-pool-1.jpg

We now take multiple cruises out of New Jersey and these are one of our favorite places.

I know that NCL ships are doing same cruises out of NYC, and we once took 14 days deep Caribbean out of Boston... but 1-2 days each way are too cold to be outside even oh hot Jacuzzi. 

Edited by Tatka

52 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We now take multiple cruises out of New Jersey and these are one of our favorite places.

I know that NCL ships are doing same cruises out of NYC, and we once took 14 days deep Caribbean out of Boston... but 1-2 days each way are too cold to be outside even oh hot Jacuzzi. 

I would certainly enjoy the solarium (I love NCL's thermal suite), but there is nothing quite like being in a hot tub while the snow is falling. It's a fantastic feeling! But, I'm a skier and love winter weather which is why I live in Central NY. 

54 minutes ago, Tatka said:

So to answer your question (on my behalf), I'd love the outdoor hot tub even if it were 0 F (I've enjoyed many on below 0 nights too, so long as the indoors is a quick run away). 

• Like 2

I am a skier too (downhill) .

As I am originally from Northeastern Ukraine I am even used to having fun running from sauna in a snow. However I cannot do this for several days long 🤪 ... especially if I am not drunk enough which I am usually not. 

5 hours ago, Tatka said:

Anthem of the Seas Solarium for adults

AntDec-26397-1574270695.jpg

solarium.jpg

solarium-2-scaled-e1634743656797.jpeg

Anthem of the seas Indoor pool for families

Anthem-of-the-Seas-indoor-pool-1.jpg

I’d rather go in a hot tub that was outdoors. Other than that, I probably would not go in the pool those days. I definitely wouldn’t want to go in an indoor pool with the roof closed and AC on when it is 80 degrees and sunny!

• Like 1