Do we need to bring our own umbrellas? NCL to Bermuda/Bahamas in January

pookel

I just spent a bit of time researching the weather in the ports we're going to, and apparently January is a rainy month in Bermuda (not the Bahamas though). Should we consider packing travel umbrellas or would that be a waste of space?

4 hours ago, pookel said:

I just spent a bit of time researching the weather in the ports we're going to, and apparently January is a rainy month in Bermuda (not the Bahamas though). Should we consider packing travel umbrellas or would that be a waste of space?

You will need to post here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

And you might need to say what class of cabin you're in -- some cruiselines provide umbrellas but only for upper suites!

I wouldn’t bring an umbrella, you’ll learn that the less you carry with you the better. Buy a five dollar vinyl, not plastic, rain poncho with a hood and pockets (many options on Amazon, Walmart, etc.) and wear light clothing like shorts and tee shirts (depending on the temperature of course) underneath. Much better than carrying around an umbrella.

I have a lightweight nylon rain coat of Land's End brand.  Has a big hood, pockets inside & out, and folds up to a pretty compact size. Just single nylon without any lining, but it is large enough to easily fit over other bulky outer wear.   Been my traveling companion for years.   I recently tried to get another, but sadly it looks like Land's End no longer has them.   

On 12/2/2022 at 2:09 PM, pookel said:

January is not a particularly rainy month in Bermuda. Like anywhere Bahamas included it can rain. If it rains it usually is a quick down pour. I pack a cheap plastic poncho ad a small cheap umbrella but have rarely used thme. My motto is if I pack them I probably won't need either but if I don't I might be caught short. The air  temperatures are on the cool side. It won't be beach weather. Air temp in the 60's so pack a jacket and sweater. Given that you might need a jacket in the morning but might not want to wear it in the afternoon at that time of year I would have a daypack to store a sweater and stuff.