Inside Cabins Silhouette questions

Linda W.

Couple of questions:  1)  Is it better to book one that is port to starboard side layout or forward to aft facing?  I realize there are no windows but thinking about the rocking motion.  2). Are there any AWESOME prime inside rooms that you know of?  (I know—it IS an inside cabin………..). Never have been in one but have booked one for 2024 and will MAYBE upgrade room category down the road after my next cruises are over.  3). Even though I booked with a TA can you upgrade your cabin category while you are ON a different cruise and get a great deal especially if adding another cruise to b2b.  Just looking at all my options.  Thanks for all your help while I try to become a “seasoned” Celebrity cruiser! 😎

I honestly haven't ever thought about which way the bed is facing when we book inside cabins.  Thinking back to our last two inside cabins (on different cruise lines), we had one each direction.  I don't remember a lot of motion on either of those cruises so I don't think it would have mattered.  Our next Celebrity inside cabin (on the Eclipse) will be the normal (most common) layout which should have the bed facing forward/aft.

My favorite inside rooms have been the ones that are very close to open deck (without being under or above noisy areas).  I'm usually focused more on how convenient the room is to the areas I will spend the most time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linda W. said:

Couple of questions:  1)  Is it better to book one that is port to starboard side layout or forward to aft facing?  I realize there are no windows but thinking about the rocking motion.  2). Are there any AWESOME prime inside rooms that you know of?  (I know—it IS an inside cabin………..). Never have been in one but have booked one for 2024 and will MAYBE upgrade room category down the road after my next cruises are over.  3). Even though I booked with a TA can you upgrade your cabin category while you are ON a different cruise and get a great deal especially if adding another cruise to b2b.  Just looking at all my options.  Thanks for all your help while I try to become a “seasoned” Celebrity cruiser! 😎

There are inside cabins on every deck from 7 upwards. From deck 8 they are near the front, personally we wouldn't consider any of those.

On Deck 3 port and forward you will be close/under the disco. On balance port side as far back as possible which will be close to the Atrium.

• Like 1

We have sailed in deck 10 - cabin 1032 on the Eclipse and Silhouette and really like the location and how quiet it is tucked in sideways.  Last cruise was on the Apex and our deluxe interior on deck 11 was amazing.  I know interior is not for everyone but we sleep like babies in the dark, comfy bed.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We have sailed in deck 10 - cabin 1032 on the Eclipse and Silhouette and really like the location and how quiet it is tucked in sideways.  Last cruise was on the Apex and our deluxe interior on deck 11 was amazing.  I know interior is not for everyone but we sleep like babies in the dark, comfy bed.  

That's awesome because I had booked 1032!  I was worried as it was toward the front of the ship and was thinking perhaps I should have booked more midship.  I have no idea.  We are booked C1 aft in 1676 on our next 2 cruises which we can't wait for those!  

4 hours ago, jwlane said:

The inside cabins are so close to the centerline of the ship there would be little lateral "rocking motion" vs. exterior cabins.  Imagine sitting in the middle of a seesaw vs. the ends.

Thank you for that description!

• 3 months later...

We had front inside cabin deck 7 on other cruise line where the bed was perpendicularly setup and we did feel a lot of movements.

For few nights the ocean was really choppy.  But I did enjoy that 🙂 was not disturbing at,

all but I would not choose that location again.

For our next cruise we have an inside mid/aft location. Deck 10. We will see how that is..

On 12/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, jwlane said:

The inside cabins are so close to the centerline of the ship there would be little lateral "rocking motion" vs. exterior cabins.

I agree. That would be called rolling motion I believe. Inside cabins further forward or aft would be subject to pitching motion. 

Bed position really doesn't matter as no outside reference point.

Obviously less side to side motion felt on lower decks and midship, but with stabilizers unless it is rough little motion.  Some cruises are smooth and others are not so judgment based on a single cruise doesn't help much.  Had an inside on deck 3 great.  Same on higher deck aft and had vibrations.