WiFi for a Day & Cell Phone

mcrcruiser

Can you add wifi  for one day at a time  or do you need to buy it for the entire cruise ?  

The only item we would use wifi for is cancelling  hundreds to thousands of e-mails  periodically so that I do not need to do it when returning at home . 

Can you use your cell phone on the ship to call with out it costing a fortune ?  

TIA 

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Can you add wifi  for one day at a time  or do you need to buy it for the entire cruise ?  

The only item we would use wifi for is cancelling  hundreds to thousands of e-mails  periodically so that I do not need to do it when returning at home . 

TIA 

If your cell is not in airplane mode, it's trying to use cell tower or roaming with the ships satellite. That gets expensive. You can call with wifi on various apps (FB messenger, Whatsapp, FaceTime, etc) that don't use cell service as well as checking your email. Not sure if they offer single day wifi on ship but each package costs less as days pass, so maybe towards the end you can get the last few days package for wifi. 

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

TIA 

Isn't there a way to block incoming emails with some sort of a "This mailbox cannot accept messages until after ......"?  Who is your email provider?   It seems to me that AT&T has something like that.  

I use Google Fi and am able to access wifi right in my cabin in most ports we visit.  I do have to pay a small data charge, but for me it only averages $1-2 per day in port, certainly less than a cup of coffee and I think more secure than using a port cafe (plus alot more convenient).

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I use Google Fi and am able to access wifi right in my cabin in most ports we visit.  I do have to pay a small data charge, but for me it only averages $1-2 per day in port, certainly less than a cup of coffee and I think more secure than using a port cafe (plus alot more convenient).

So we should got to google Fi  to get wifi  , Thanks