If you are on Majestic Princess now please give update on your experience

korky1

Numbers of Covid cason onboard are not known. Isolation cabins appear full.Number of crew numbers in iso not known but untrained or minimally trained serving staff are doing their valliant best to cope. This suggests many of th A team have been affected.

The wife tested positive on day 2 and has been cabin bound since then. She tested negative yesterday but still needs to remain in iso till tomorrow when she must text positive and get the doctors' permission to leave the cabin. We are both on the wrong side of 75 so she was given the antiviral medication in the morning of day 1 of her infection. I tested negative and was allowed to stay in the cabin with her and still had the freedom to roam the ship but had to test every 2nd day. Two days ago everyone on board had to test and I don't know how many new infections were identified bit suspect quite a few.I tested positive this morning, rang the medical centre at 8 a.m and now at 1.00 p.m. I still await to be called back and given the antivirals.  They are hard pressed to deal with this breakout and I do believe without any evidence that we may have more than the 800 that sailed into Sydney two weeks ago. But as they say', you've got to make the best of it. The Majestic is a lovely ship with great amenities so pack your dancing shoes and N95 masks and enjoy.

But bring your own entertainment in case you get cabin-bound. Programs available in TV are quite good. Sadly one cannot plug in a USB stick as the port is isolated.

BTW. The meals aren't bad and they serve a very good Merlot!

Stay safe!

Edited by Hershy
Correction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Fabulous treatment dh positive so staying in room. Just received Godiva chocolates as we are in isolation. Cannot say enough at the treatment we are receiving   I can go and get drinks etc if required but room service is very fast

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Fabulous treatment dh positive so staying in room. Just received Godiva chocolates as we are in isolation. Cannot say enough at the treatment we are receiving   I can go and get drinks etc if required but room service is very fast

Sorry to hear that Colin has contracted COVID but I am glad to hear that you are being looked after. Hope you avoid the virus.

I see Majestic has just been lifted to Tier 2 on the NSW Cruising and COVID website. According to their definition that means: 

Tier 2

Moderate impact to vessel

There are quite a few cases on board (30-99 positive cases per 1,000 people) and/or the vessel’s staffing or resources are impacted. However, it can safely maintain critical services.

That confirms Hershy’s comments above. Again, the added RATs must be revealing some of the asymptomatic cases. 

• Like 2

On Majestic, I tested positive on day 2, husband negative. I was released from isolation yesterday after testing negative on days 4,5,6. I commenced antivirals and really it felt like bad hay fever for 24 hours, minimal symptoms. I chose to remain in our cabin, very happy with room service and the daily follow up to see if everything was okay. Great having a balcony stateroom to admire NZ stunning coastline whilst confined, kept busy and always good to have a daily routine! Covid has certainly not put me off cruising, in fact booked another two whilst in iso.

The self serve laundrettes have been closed, Captain’s Circle Cocktail Party has been cancelled and on one night a couple of bands/dancing in the atrium were cancelled, apart from that everything else appears to be the same to us. Beautiful ship and we have had an amazing relaxing 24 days so far even with the dreaded Covid thrown into the mix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 5:06 PM, ETdreamer said:

I see Majestic has just been lifted to Tier 2 on the NSW Cruising and COVID website. According to their definition that means: 

Tier 2

Moderate impact to vessel

There are quite a few cases on board (30-99 positive cases per 1,000 people) and/or the vessel’s staffing or resources are impacted. However, it can safely maintain critical services.

That confirms Hershy’s comments above. Again, the added RATs must be revealing some of the asymptomatic cases. 

Not just the asymptomatic, but also those with symptoms that are dodging a test.

• Like 1

we board the majestic princess on its next voyage on 8th december to pacific. it is all rather depressing & we are wishing we hadn't booked. we were on the coral princess in september & weather was the problem not covid and booked this in october before the current rise in covid cases on the majestic. insurance company says no cover if we choose to cancel so seems we will just have to make the most of it or lose the money. however if we ever book a cruise again, it will be a last minute booking. 

9 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

we board the majestic princess on its next voyage on 8th december to pacific. it is all rather depressing & we are wishing we hadn't booked. we were on the coral princess in september & weather was the problem not covid and booked this in october before the current rise in covid cases on the majestic. insurance company says no cover if we choose to cancel so seems we will just have to make the most of it or lose the money. however if we ever book a cruise again, it will be a last minute booking. 

Timing is everything. At least Majestic has been learning from the system fails over the past 6 weeks, so I hope they can look after you.  Even more, I hope the weather is sensational.

• Thanks 1

Feeling the same way.  We are also boarding on the 8th.  Yes, very apprehensive but will just have to be sensible and try to avoid crowds if and where  we can.  We are determined to make the most of it and hopefully luck will be on our side.

What else can you do ???

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, judithann423 said:

Feeling the same way.  We are also boarding on the 8th.  Yes, very apprehensive but will just have to be sensible and try to avoid crowds if and where  we can.  We are determined to make the most of it and hopefully luck will be on our side.

What else can you do ???

Not genuine advice, but I figure it has been done by many.

download.jpg.471acc305eb3c58c7cbbbf83d17ea714.jpg

We too are cruising on next cruise 8th December.  Not worrying about covid as what's the use in worrying?  Lots of our local friends have caught covid over the past few weeks and they have no idea where they picked it up just going about their normal lives.   We will just comply with mask wearing and take any mandatory covid tests required.   Other than that,  it's  "business as usual " as far as we are concerned.   This is the world we live in now and we intend to live life to the fullest.

Here's hoping we all have a great cruise.  Let's eat, drink and be merry, full of joy and wonder to be blessed to be on a cruise.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just come on board and have a wonderful time, follow the advise and relax! The cruise is heading to warmer weather so lots more people outdoors so less crowded inside areas, looks like it won’t be a full ship which is good. We wanted to stay on board for your cruise but my husband doesn’t have enough medication to last him, we have already been on board for 26 days. To all those sailing have a great time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Just wondering why they collected our declaration forms for customs. That is new

They haven’t collected mine, unless it’s those that are currently positive to make it easy to have a smoother disembarkation. 

3 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Just wondering why they collected our declaration forms for customs. That is new

They collect the declaration forms for those people who are positive and their companions. My husband tested positive on the Grand near the end of the cruise, so they collected our forms late in the afternoon the day before disembarking. When we disembarked in Melbourne we did not have to go through any passport or customs control at all. On our customs declaration we had ticked that we had duty free goods over the limit ( we had claimed under the TRS when we embarked and were informed that we must tick this box even though we were within our duty free allowance). We wished that we had splurged and bought excess duty free alcohol, because we could have had any amount and no one would have questioned us.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, Relaxing Robbies said:

They collect the declaration forms for those people who are positive and their companions. My husband tested positive on the Grand near the end of the cruise, so they collected our forms late in the afternoon the day before disembarking. When we disembarked in Melbourne we did not have to go through any passport or customs control at all. On our customs declaration we had ticked that we had duty free goods over the limit ( we had claimed under the TRS when we embarked and were informed that we must tick this box even though we were within our duty free allowance). We wished that we had splurged and bought excess duty free alcohol, because we could have had any amount and no one would have questioned us.

Thanks  that must be the reason but we were given first off yellow 1 and had to complete another form as they had not been passed over but all good and home by 10.55  Happy Dance  now laundry (as could not send any  after being tested positive as they use HOT water for covid people's laundry)