Thoughts on expanded Vibe areas

CruiseAddict396

Are you talking about the area on Encore?  I realy liked it becuase we're shade worshipers and it provided ore opportunity to find shade.  with the vibes that only use 1/2 the ship's width, if the sun was off the side of the ship, there was very little place to find shade.  Now, just find your way to the other side and you can find shade.

Otherwise, larger vibe means more people can get in, but still wasn't crowded.

47 minutes ago, hallux said:

Counterpoint - larger Vibe means less space for people that can't afford a Vibe pass...

i hate how both the breakaway and getaway forward top deck area used to be all open for everyone and you can see the front of the ship. with the expanded vibe area, this is no longer possible 😞

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i hate how both the breakaway and getaway forward top deck area used to be all open for everyone and you can see the front of the ship. with the expanded vibe area, this is no longer possible 😞

Me too. This really annoys me.

I think there used to be a hot tub up there too, but I am not sure if I am thinking of another ship. The larger vibe on Prima bugged me also. There are only two hot tubs on Prima that can be accessed without paying extra. These are by the main pool. They look like like a good size, but one side of the hot tub has no place to sit. It made me miss Spice H2O. The Prima has the small infinity pools on deck eight, but coud really use a hot tub in that area or on an upper deck somewhere.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shof515 said:

We just got off the Breakaway November 27 and the forward top deck area is still open to everyone, the Vibe on Breakaway is still only the smaller area

• Thanks 1

As a Vibe user, I like having both sides of the ship available either to find shade or to admire the view.

I can understand why non-users don't like the change, but then again that half of the deck was rarely used by the public, at least when we were on the Breakaway five years ago. It may have been different on the other ships where there was a hot tub. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CruiseAddict396 said:

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the expanded Vibe areas?  

I'd rather see the Haven sundeck expanded on Breakaway, Getaway and Escape to match Joy, Bliss and Encore. I'd also like to see the port side of the "new" Haven sundeck open to all ages and the starboard side (near VIBE) age 16 and older....I'd also give VIBE access to all Haven adults similar to POSH access on Epic. 

20 hours ago, shof515 said:

Getaway's VIBE has expanded but (so far?) Breakaway's VIBE has not...

Getaway-vs-Breakaway.jpg

41 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I'd rather see the Haven sundeck expanded on Breakaway, Getaway and Escape to match Joy, Bliss and Encore. I'd also like to see the port side of the "new" Haven sundeck open to all ages and the starboard side (near VIBE) age 16 and older....I'd also give VIBE access to all Haven adults similar to POSH access on Epic. 

Getaway's VIBE has expanded but (so far?) Breakaway's VIBE has not...

Getaway-vs-Breakaway.jpg

Having been on both of these ships in the vibe, Getaway was definitely superior. Not just for the ability to find shade, but sometimes the wind just gets out of control, especially on sea days when you're most likely to want to be in the vibe relaxing. On breakaway there were days where they literally just shut it down. It was so windy nothing could operate, they couldn't open umbrellas safely, they  couldn't put the pads or loungers out because they kept trying to take flight. 

On Getaway if one side got too windy, the other side was usually still usable. I'm actually surprised they haven't adjusted the Breakaway vibe to match the Getaway, doesn't seem like it would be a hard modification