Formal Dress after covid

lux4me

Hi all, 

We have not said Seabourn since Covid. 

For anyone who has been onboard recently 

what are the gentleman wearing for formal evening. We have tuxedos,  suits,  blazers. 

what were most of the men wearing. 

we just want to pack correctly and not be out of place.  we would prefer just blazers but will happily pack the others 

thanks 

I think this really has become more port and cruise dependent. 

When we sailed in July 2022 it was more blazers and linen jackets in the Mediterranean and some long sleeved dress shirts in the main dining room on formal night.

We have a Grand Voyage coming up around South America  this January. The Gala Evening prior to boarding is designated as Formal and I know a special event in Rio de Janeiro is Formal. So my husband is bringing his tuxedo and I have some silk, long formal outfits to wear. We will wear them other Formal evenings as well.

I will admit we like to dress up. My silk clothes don't weigh much and my husband has various jackets in various colours so we will dress up. We have learnt to dress how we want and let others do the same within the ship's guidelines.

Edited by frantic36

On both of our post covid cruises we've seen many blazers, many suits, and some tuxedos on formal nights. The first was a Caribbean/Panama Canal cruise with hot weather, and the second was Dover to New York with cooler weather in Iceland and Greenland. None of these gentlemen seemed out of place on formal nights. Blazers and suits definitely outnumbered the tuxes.

Edited by sunshineocean13
to add information

Currently on Sojourn in Caribbean,  and on formal night was pleasantly surprised to see a good mix of tuxs and suits.  The only change (if I recall correctly) is that formal dress is now ONLY required in The Restaurant; I believe before it applied to other areas.