AARP e-gift card

darnoc23

34 minutes ago, Cruz4Sun said:

Last week I purchased 10 AARP gift cards (5 for me and 5 for DH).  I slowly and carefully entered each card in the payment section toward my Princess cruise balance. 9 of the cards went fine, 1 said trouble processing this and did not take the $100 off of my balance due.  I went to princess gift cards to check the balance for this GC and it said $0. Darn.  Called Princess gift card and they told me to call Princess general #.  Tried this and of course they can't help.  I will call AARP on Monday to see if they can help.  So frustrating as I saved $240 using the cards, but if $100 is wiped out due to this error I've done a lot of work for not much payoff.

Either way, this will be my last time using the AARP cards.

This is a fraud security feature of the AARP cards when being applied.  It is best to enter 5 at a time.  It is a lock out feature, which is a way to keep someone entering multiple cards, possibly fraudulent.  So, enter more cards an hour or so later.  My TA does this for me.  

AARP always says, call PCL, they will help.  No, they have no clue.  I told AARP that they had to fix it.  I called the rewards number and them spoke to a supervisor at Customer care.  They got back to me the next day and reinstated the GC that showed 0 balance.

Now, before I use them, I check the balance on each one, before I use it with my TA or also before I use one of them OB for OBC.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

This is a fraud security feature of the AARP cards when being applied.  It is best to enter 5 at a time.  It is a lock out feature, which is a way to keep someone entering multiple cards, possibly fraudulent.  So, enter more cards an hour or so later.  My TA does this for me.  

AARP always says, call PCL, they will help.  No, they have no clue.  I told AARP that they had to fix it.  I called the rewards number and them spoke to a supervisor at Customer care.  They got back to me the next day and reinstated the GC that showed 0 balance.

Now, before I use them, I check the balance on each one, before I use it with my TA or also before I use one of them OB for OBC.

Thanks, I will call the AARP rewards number and hopefully that will work.  

Even though I bought 10 gift cards I didn't enter them all at the same time.  When the one GC failed I was entering a batch of 3 cards and the failure was on the 2nd card being entered.

52 minutes ago, Cruz4Sun said:

Thanks, I will call the AARP rewards number and hopefully that will work.  

Even though I bought 10 gift cards I didn't enter them all at the same time.  When the one GC failed I was entering a batch of 3 cards and the failure was on the 2nd card being entered.

That shouldn’t happen on the 2nd one.  These are issued by AARP, so they should be able to see if it was defective.  

Not sure if the weekend reps can help.  You might call in Monday.

Let us know.

I have taken advantage of the AARP cards as often as possible.  I got curious and went back to my credit card history to see how many I have purchased.  To date, I've purchased 64 cards.  The only time I had *any* kind of issue was when I was trying to purchase 10 cards for Carnival.  It would not accept the second transaction for 5 cards.  Speaking with an AARP rep it was explained that this is something of a security measure they have in place for larger quantity purchases.  I had to wait a minimum of one hour before purchasing the second five cards. I've saved a LOT of money on cruises!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have taken advantage of the AARP cards as often as possible.  I got curious and went back to my credit card history to see how many I have purchased.  To date, I've purchased 64 cards.  The only time I had *any* kind of issue was when I was trying to purchase 10 cards for Carnival.  It would not accept the second transaction for 5 cards.  Speaking with an AARP rep it was explained that this is something of a security measure they have in place for larger quantity purchases.  I had to wait a minimum of one hour before purchasing the second five cards. I've saved a LOT of money on cruises!

OP was trying to redeem them.  

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

OP was trying to redeem them.  

Yep...I was aware but this thread has basically taken on a life of its own with people asking all kinds of questions.  Just wanted to point out the bit about the time delay needed to purchase multiple batches.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck applying gift cards to Early Ticketing EZAir?   Princess is saying the only thing I can do is apply the GCs to my booking and the EZAir would be the last to get credited.  In other words, I'd have to pay the whole balance now (at 270+ days out).

I could try the typical call back and talk to someone else, but won't waste my time if it's known to be not possible.

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Has anyone had any luck applying gift cards to Early Ticketing EZAir?   Princess is saying the only thing I can do is apply the GCs to my booking and the EZAir would be the last to get credited.  In other words, I'd have to pay the whole balance now (at 270+ days out).

I could try the typical call back and talk to someone else, but won't waste my time if it's known to be not possible.

I just paid my EZAir Early ticketing last month using AARP purchased gift cards and I have not paid my cruise final balance. I can see the amount applied to the airfare on my documentation. It was kind of difficult as I had to call EZAir to make the payment. Then they tried to have me enter the gift card in their apparently somewhat new automated credit card payment system which of course didn’t work as it’s NOT a credit card🤦‍♀️. After making me try two times the EZAir rep finally asked someone I guess and was able to take my gift cards and enter them manually of their end. They were not very happy about having to do it, but it did finally work. But it took a lot of patience and persistence on my part. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lennythenose said:

It was kind of difficult as I had to call EZAir to make the payment

Ahhh... I hadn't thought of that. thank you.

Edited by PATRLR