Mardi Gras All Aboard Time - Port Canaveral

Vinnyv20032003

13 hours ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Does anyone know the all aboard time for Mardi Gras on embarkation day in Port Canaveral? Trying to see if I can make it work before booking. 

Thank you

You flying in day of or driving down.

As much as it gets dissed on here, if you're flying in see about the Carnival transfer from MCO.  If that option's last pick up works for your plans you may be able to make the ship close to the cut off time, as they can relay delays to the terminal/ship. Uber and cabs will be expensive.  other shuttle services either stop at various terminals or wait for folks.

Our MG boarding passes for tomorrow show final boarding is 3:00 pm but if you want to check your bags, you need to be there by 2:00.  The below was in an email we received about a week ago.

Checked luggage delivery service is available until 2 hours before the ship's departure time. If you arrive after this time, you will be responsible for taking your bags on board.

8 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Our MG boarding passes for tomorrow show final boarding is 3:00 pm but if you want to check your bags, you need to be there by 2:00.  The below was in an email we received about a week ago.

Checked luggage delivery service is available until 2 hours before the ship's departure time. If you arrive after this time, you will be responsible for taking your bags on board.

I thought you couldn't bring anything onboard which would not fit through their (carry-on size) scanner in the terminal? I'd like the thought of lugging ours on - if only to avoid waiting for the bag to be delivered to our cabin, all the while wondering if it had been mistakenly routed to the naughty room - which has happened SEVERAL times.

Edit -- OH, enjoy a MDE chicken sandwich for me ... and a Muffaletta (at Emeril's)!!

Tom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I don't know Tom, we always have early boarding so we've never been out there to see what really happens if someone shows up after 2:00 with all their luggage.

On a shorter cruise, I could manage dragging our 29" (packed to the gills) suitcase up the gangway onto the ship. Not so much for longer sailings!!

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I thought you couldn't bring anything onboard which would not fit through their (carry-on size) scanner in the terminal? I'd like the thought of lugging ours on - if only to avoid waiting for the bag to be delivered to our cabin, all the while wondering if it had been mistakenly routed to the naughty room - which has happened SEVERAL times.

Tom

Wife and I haul all our luggage.

Carnival has a suggested number of bags based on cruise length, but it is a guideline and you can carry-on or check and carry-on more than their "guide."

Also, for carry-on, Carnival prefer that each bag be no more than 50 pounds and that it be no larger than the size of what airlines require for checked baggage.  Again, you can get away with larger and heavier bags, but it may slow things down as they may have to hand-search your bag if it doesn't fit through the scanner or if it is too heavy.

Sorry, Vinnyv20032003, guess I am getting off topic.

24 minutes ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

Wife and I haul all our luggage.

Carnival has a suggested number of bags based on cruise length, but it is a guideline and you can carry-on or check and carry-on more than their "guide."

Also, for carry-on, Carnival prefer that each bag be no more than 50 pounds and that it be no larger than the size of what airlines require for checked baggage.  Again, you can get away with larger and heavier bags, but it may slow things down as they may have to hand-search your bag if it doesn't fit through the scanner or if it is too heavy.

Sorry, Vinnyv20032003, guess I am getting off topic.

Thanks!

Yep, for a 3/4 nighter, we'll check 1 large bag (no terminal scanner for that bad boy), and it's probably 70-80 pounds! It would not be worth it to have them open it up and scour though it - I take great care/pride in my packing skills, and don't want it all unraveled there, trying to get everything to fit back in "in a rush" !

Tom

• Like 1

For a 4 nighter I can do a rolling backpack.  But next time I will probably take a regular backpack and 22” rollaboard, ‘cause I’m an old lady who can’t stand long in line, need the bag to sit on.  Bag will only be about half full.  EM

Honestly, if you are cutting it so close that you are worried about making it onboard in time, I would either get into town the night before or not go.

Even if you think you will be able to make it, what if there is unexpected traffic?  What if your plane is delayed? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 12:23 PM, csm5986142 said:

If it helps, according to my boarding pass (when we are on Mardi Gras back in April) final boarding time was listed as 3:00 pm (of course it could change though).

our cruise for the 14th of Jan shows 3:00 PM final time