Epic (Lisbon, Portugal): No prime rib on 1st night

fstuff1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

oh! the horror, the horror!!! 

what a terrible 1st world problem, and you even were considerate enough to  post it here.

hope you dont expect any sympathetic responses (lmao)

I'm your huckleberry.....

If somebody had booked Cagney's first night planning on prime rib, I am sympathetic to their 1st world problem.   Horror?  No. (but that's not what the OP posted)

• Like 1

chiefmatejrk

im pretty sure no one books a cruise on any line, to any port with the assumption, or expectation of getting a prime rib dinner.  ive been criticized for many of my posts, but really, to post about a lack of prime rib.  the guy should get over it.

22 minutes ago, complawyer said:

chiefmatejrk

im pretty sure no one books a cruise on any line, to any port with the assumption, or expectation of getting a prime rib dinner.  ive been criticized for many of my posts, but really, to post about a lack of prime rib.  the guy should get over it.

I just said I was sympathetic.  Somebody else said that the OP should not expect that.  I never order prime rib because historically I've had about a ten percent success rate with it actually being good.  Should people booking Cagney's NOT expect to get prime rib?

well, there was no indication of where he went for dinner, but he claims the dinner was turkey, so i dont think that's served in cagneys anyway. also, i dont think there should be any expectations for any particular menu item. sometimes s**t happens. my point was with all the problems people complain about on this site, not getting to order prime rib on the first night out seems very, very, very picky., and i'm truly sorry for his misfortune, but i think this problem is laughable!

with the various choices of beef in cagney's or even le bistro, im sure he could find something to eat  that would make him/her happy. by the way i have noticed that sometimes o'sheehan's has prime rib as a special. (personally, i avoid o'sheehans like the plague)

by the way, i never order prime rib anywhere, my palate is just not that sophisticated

55 minutes ago, complawyer said:

well, there was no indication of where he went for dinner, but he claims the dinner was turkey, so i dont think that's served in cagneys anyway. 

Whoops.. meant the buffet.

Forgot Cagney's also has prime rib.

And chill... Was More curious why since all the ncl cruises that I can remember served prime rib in the buffet on day1.

But this is this my 1st ncl cruise that didn't originate from a US port so I thought that might have been the reason.

Apparently nope

I know in a recent thread, someone mentioned prime rib being served at the lunch buffet when they arrived on board.

Truthfully this was the only thing which peaked my interest in heading to the buffet for lunch instead of a MDR. I am now assuming that the prime rib for lunch was quite unusual.  And that others have come to expect it to be served at the buffet dinner in the first night.  

I would be disappointed too.  Almost any prime rib is better than no prime rib, and to expect it and not get it, I would be sad.  I think I would console myself with ice cream or a chocolate dessert.

10 hours ago, complawyer said:

oh! the horror, the horror!!! 

what a terrible 1st world problem, and you even were considerate enough to  post it here.

hope you dont expect any sympathetic responses (lmao)

What is your issue?

Don't want to discuss 1st world problems with hiccups that people run across than you might want to find a different website to routinely browse.

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

chiefmatejrk

Or something that is fairly common and expected could just be..... maybe.... offered?

I think we need to keep in context normally expected things are that normally expected things and if they are not offered it should be talked about and pointed out.

Also a sad face can mean an array of emotion including they just missed not having the Prime Rib or another steak primary option for the evening.

• Like 2