What is the Haven experience like if your room is not actually in the Haven?

sacteach

On 12/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, sacteach said:

I have an upcoming cruise on the Joy and have the option to bid on upgrades. There are two categories of Haven rooms available, but they are not located in the actual Haven area. For those that have stayed in these rooms, what was your experience like? I'm assuming you get all of the same perks (priority boarding, access to the Haven pool, sun deck, etc) but you just have to walk farther to get there - the rooms are on a completely different deck and are mid-ship.

We normally stay outside the Haven because the rooms are more economical. On many BA/BA+ ships, 1/3 of the Haven rooms are not in the Haven complex. On the Joy it is over 1/2 of the rooms are outside the Haven complex.

On NCL's newest ships there are no rooms with the dining room/lounge/pool deck/sun deck. 

• Like 2

cruiseny4life, you're probably not doing anything wrong (to each his own) but just  the thought or the sight of a chubby, hairy chested guy in a speedo walking through the area, in and of  itself, is simply terrifying , and sounds like something from a stephen king novel (lo)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, complawyer said:

cruiseny4life, you're probably not doing anything wrong (to each his own) but just  the thought or the sight of a chubby, hairy chested guy in a speedo walking through the area, in and of  itself, is simply terrifying , and sounds like something from a stephen king novel (lo)

Hahahahahaha oh my gosh, I'm going to think of this next time I walk through the hallways of a NCL ship!!!  But...thankfully (for everyone), I don't subscribe to the speedo club of men. Also, pretty sure the person in the office next to me is wondering why I'm cackling with laughter so hard right now! Thanks for that. 🙂

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2022 at 1:31 AM, Elvis1209 said:

Couldn't agree more!  Once you sail in the Haven it is next to impossible to sail in a "regular" cabin!  I will be sailing on Escape in September.  This will be my third NCL cruise, my second Haven cruise.

Elvis

For us, we do not feel this way at all.    We sailed in a Haven on the Joy in February and then again in a non-Haven suite in September.    The only thing we missed was the Haven restaurant.   Going forward, we have four cruises booked and as of now, only one of them will be in a Haven cabin.  

8 hours ago, vacation44 said:

For us, we do not feel this way at all.    We sailed in a Haven on the Joy in February and then again in a non-Haven suite in September.    The only thing we missed was the Haven restaurant.   Going forward, we have four cruises booked and as of now, only one of them will be in a Haven cabin.  

That's the joy of having options and many perks to benefit from. As much as folks rave about the Haven restaurant, it's the one perk I would willingly give up. We're of the one and done camp for the most part when it comes to using the restaurant. 

The Haven bartenders though on ships with a full Haven bar... to us, that alone is worth the cost of membership.

• Like 1

cruiseny4life: im so glad you can appreciate my sardonic sense of humor,  and i do sincerely  hope that one day you and your significant other, chiefmatejrk, and my wife and i can find ourselves on the same cruise.

if that ever happens, god save the rest of the ship and passengers