Gym on Celebrity Beyond

Colatech

18 minutes ago, Colatech said:

Is the gym on Beyond free for use? And are the showers there free to use? 

Thanks in advance!

Yes and Yes!  Same as on all ships in the fleet - no charge for the gym or the showers.  There are many free classes also, and some for which there is a fee.  Any more questions, feel free to ask, I spend a lot of time in the gym.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Yes and Yes!  Same as on all ships in the fleet - no charge for the gym or the showers.  There are many free classes also, and some for which there is a fee.  Any more questions, feel free to ask, I spend a lot of time in the gym.

That MAY not be entirely correct. The spa/gym locker rooms on the M & S class are available to everyone AND they have a free sauna. The E-Class is a different story. Although the Beyond does allow all guests to use the Spa locker rooms that wasn't the case on the Edge and Apex. They may have changed the rules but as recent as one year ago the Apex Spa locker rooms were only for guests with treatments or those with thermal suite passes and/or Aquaclass. The Edge was the same. This information was confirmed by the spa attendants since I has asked this question about spa locker room access specifically.  Lastly, the E-Class locker rooms don't have a single sex sauna; the sauna is located in the thermal suite and is only available for those with a pass or Aquaclass. 

Edited by kwokpot

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That MAY not be entirely correct. The spa/gym locker rooms on the M & S class are available to everyone AND they have a free sauna. The E-Class is a different story. Although the Beyond does allow all guests to use the Spa locker rooms that wasn't the case on the Edge and Apex. They may have changed the rules but as recent as one year ago the Apex Spa locker rooms were only for guests with treatments or those with thermal suite passes and/or Aquaclass. The Edge was the same. This information was confirmed by the spa attendants since I has asked this question about spa locker room access specifically.  Lastly, the E-Class locker rooms don't have a single sex sauna; the sauna is located in the thermal suite and is only available for those with a pass or Aquaclass. 

OH, that's interesting, because we were on Edge, Apex and Beyond this year, 2022, and we did NOT sail Aqua Class - and we did use the showers, so I don't know what to say to that!  But, I always respect your posts, when I see your photo, I know you are going to have measured comments - maybe we just got lucky??  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YensidCA said:

@lexmiller I was wondering if you know about the fitness classes that are included with AquaClass. I am most interested in F45 (it is normally at 9:30am), is this included? Aside from signing up are there things needed?

There is a fee for F45, I'm going through my Beyond daily planners from this Oct-November.....we were on the Oct26-Nov 4 cruise......and honestly, I can't speak to if that is included with your Aqua Class fare......first sea day, was offered at 9:30am.  At 8:30am, RYDE Indoor Cycling is offered, for a fee.  In Bermuda, again 8:30am RYDE and F45 was at 4pm.  Power Flow Yoga also offered, for a fee.  Seems like the port day schedule is 8:30am RYDE cycling, 4pm, F45.....(can you tell I'm going through the daily programs one by one here, lol!).  Sometimes on the port days, 8:30am RYDE always, but the 4pm F45 alternates with yoga - Power Flow sometimes, Slow Flow other times, oh and here's yet another sort of yoga on another of the sea days at 4pm - Rest and Restore Yoga (all classes I am telling you are the for fee classes).  I hope that helped!  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

OH, that's interesting, because we were on Edge, Apex and Beyond this year, 2022, and we did NOT sail Aqua Class - and we did use the showers, so I don't know what to say to that!  But, I always respect your posts, when I see your photo, I know you are going to have measured comments - maybe we just got lucky??  

Either they changed the policy and/or they can't be bothered on questioning everyone who's coming and going. If you noticed on the Beyond they installed extra lockers which I assumed was the reason why they changed the policy. But they could have also relaxed the rules on the Edge and Apex. But When I sailed the Edge in 2018, 2019, and the Apex in 2021I had specifically asked the Spa desk about locker room access.

Royal has done something similar. Previously before the Oasis Class and the renovation/Amping of older ships all Royal ships allowed unfettered access to the spa/gym locker rooms. When the Oasis first sailed they had allowed access to the spa locker rooms which were located far away from the gym on a lower level. But then they changed the policy and the locker rooms on Oasis class ships are only for those with a treatment or thermal suite access. It's the same policy on Quantum Class ships. On Royal ships that have gone through renovations they have gone as far as totally eliminating locker rooms adjacent to the gym. They have substituted a locker area in the gym for your personal belongings in the gym itself then standard Men's & Women's toilets only. NCL no longer had locker room access for their gyms too. Virgin did away with locker rooms altogether for their spa and instead have multiple individual changing cubicles and shower cubicles and a communal locker area for your private belongs.  

Strangely MSC did the exact opposite and actually created two separate men's and women's lockers room areas;one for their spa and one for the gym.

The reason I'm familiar with all this is I cruise frequently and I use the gym and spa daily on every cruise I go on, so I try to understand the facilities of the ships I sail on.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

Hello

3 quick questions regarding Celebrity Beyond :

1/ Is there a sauna AND a steam room?

2/ Are those facilities co-ed?

3/ Are they free of charge?

Thanks! 

Yes, yes, no.

To elaborate on the first question, there's actually two steam rooms in the thermal suite. They are adjacent to each other and one is supposed to be a hammam with the flat slab of marble for you to lay on (although on all three E-class ships the stream room labeled hammam was hotter than the adjacent, smaller steam room). Whatsmore the sauna is an infrared sauna which works differently than a traditional Swedish sauna in that you need to sit right in front of one of the multiple infrared heaters for the heat to radiate onto your back and through your body. Just like infrared heaters for your home unless you're directly in front of the heater you won't feel the heat; that's how infrared heaters work. This accounts for why some people complain the saunas on the E-Class ships aren't hot enough; you have to sit right in front of one of the multiple infrared heaters for you to feel hot. 

The E-Class ships unfortunately don't have a complementary sauna in the spa locker rooms like the M or S-class ships. All the hot rooms are in the thermal suite which you must pay for. 

On 12/14/2022 at 9:01 AM, lexmiller said:

I listen to music on my headphones while working out in the gym and as a general rule find the music blasting from the gym speakers from the ceiling disturbing due to the high volume level.  I usually ask the gym personnel to turn down the volume that is met with various responses.  I’m curious what the experience was in the Beyond gym as I am book on there in January. 

3 hours ago, IDL said:

I listen to music on my headphones while working out in the gym and as a general rule find the music blasting from the gym speakers from the ceiling disturbing due to the high volume level.  I usually ask the gym personnel to turn down the volume that is met with various responses.  I’m curious what the experience was in the Beyond gym as I am book on there in January. 

I have tinnitus and loud music is not good.  Unless it's Billy Idol.  (May 2023, Beyond).  I will probably bring both headphones and earphones.  I'd rather use the earphones in the gym as I expect the headphones would get sweaty from the exercise.

3 hours ago, IDL said:

I didn't find the music in the gym on the Beyond to be overly loud and was able to listen to my own music without issues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IDL said:

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I didn't find the music in the gym on the Beyond to be overly loud and was able to listen to my own music without issues.

I second that. The music in the gym was not bad at all and I was able to use my AirPods with no issues

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:59 AM, kwokpot said:

Yes, yes, no.

To elaborate on the first question, there's actually two steam rooms in the thermal suite. They are adjacent to each other and one is supposed to be a hammam with the flat slab of marble for you to lay on (although on all three E-class ships the stream room labeled hammam was hotter than the adjacent, smaller steam room). Whatsmore the sauna is an infrared sauna which works differently than a traditional Swedish sauna in that you need to sit right in front of one of the multiple infrared heaters for the heat to radiate onto your back and through your body. Just like infrared heaters for your home unless you're directly in front of the heater you won't feel the heat; that's how infrared heaters work. This accounts for why some people complain the saunas on the E-Class ships aren't hot enough; you have to sit right in front of one of the multiple infrared heaters for you to feel hot. 

The E-Class ships unfortunately don't have a complementary sauna in the spa locker rooms like the M or S-class ships. All the hot rooms are in the thermal suite which you must pay for. 

Thank you so much for this very detailed answer.