We have 10pm Embarkation in Venice( Trieste)?

mommyx2

It depends on when the ship arrives in Trieste from the previous cruise. If it arrives early in the morning, then my guess would be that boarding starts at the "usual time" - between 11.00 Am and noon. Even if the sailaway isn't until 10.00 PM.

since you need to be on board at least 2 hrs before sailing, that cuts it down to 8 0'clock.

if you have time, explore trieste for a few hrs. it beautiful and worth your time. last oct we sailed from trieste, but it said venice. we flew into venice 3 days prior to sailing, spent 2 days there, hired a shuttle to drive us to trieste, and spent a night in a lovely hotel. we were able to explore trieste for the entire day, and the port is only about 15-20 minutes away.

• Like 1

Whilst 10pm is late, boarding will almost certainly start at the usual time.

We have had many late departure times (usually around 7pm, but a couple have been later than that, including 2am recently. It is rare that a planned late departure is due to a late arrival, so the ship should be cleared of the previous cruisers at the normal time.

A late departure is usually either to do with restrictions leaving the port, or a very short journey to the first port. I’d guess (and it’s only a guess as I don’t know the itinerary you are on) is that it is the latter, combined with as late a departure as possible to allow plenty of time for people to arrive due to the distance from the airports/Venice.

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

since you need to be on board at least 2 hrs before sailing, that cuts it down to 8 0'clock.

if you have time, explore trieste for a few hrs. it beautiful and worth your time. last oct we sailed from trieste, but it said venice. we flew into venice 3 days prior to sailing, spent 2 days there, hired a shuttle to drive us to trieste, and spent a night in a lovely hotel. we were able to explore trieste for the entire day, and the port is only about 15-20 minutes away.

Do you remember who you used/made reservations through for the shuttle to Trieste? we are also flying into Venice for a cruise from Trieste. Prices I see are very expensive.  Also have to get to the car park area first- water taxi is also expensive if we want it private- and we will have luggage so not sure we have other options.

1 hour ago, checkitallout said:

Do you remember who you used/made reservations through for the shuttle to Trieste?

We did a night in Trieste before our Greece cruise, took the FlixBus from the airport in Venice to Trieste...it was great - comfortable, quick, cheap 🙂

Highly recommend!

• Thanks 1

On my cruise in august 2023 on the GEM from Venice(Trieste) sail away is 10PM.  The ship arrives at 6AM from previous cruise.  I am assuming boarding will be at the usual time around noon.  

Edited by davencl

Do u remember the name of shuttle you hired from venice? 

5 hours ago, complawyer said: