Has anyone heard about a change in the COVID refund policy for guests testing positive?

TX-Cruiser

Edited to update that I pushed back a bit and received this message: "

"My apologies I was able to get a second opinion on the policy updates we are able to provide a full refund"

I bet a change is coming.

***Original Post***

We are traveling in a group this week and one our group members has tested positive (unfortunately) for COVID. RCCL is now saying the policy has changed to no refunds and just FCC @50% cruise fare and taxes to original form of payment. This is very different than what is on their website and in the e-docs.

The exact wording was as follows:

"Upon speaking with GRS agent XXXXX he advised that we are no longer issuing refunds guest will receive 50% FCC instead and taxes and fees refunded back to original form of payment."

Edited by TX-Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

Here is link to the covid refund policy that went into effect on August 8, 2022 (per Royal's website).     https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

as well as this in their FAQ section of their website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

No where does it say 50% FCC.    I would have make another call to Royal and if they still say 50% direct them to Royal's website that clearly states their policy.

I posted an update on the original post that after some push back (SS of their own website and language from the cruise contract) that I received another email that said after a second opinion they were issuing a refund. I suspect a change is on the horizon. 

I tested positive for Covid within ten days of sailing so cancelled our cruise 11/27.

I have received 100% refund in dribs and drabs, the last about two days ago. No issues at all 🙂

Edited by pspercy

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2022 at 10:32 AM, pspercy said:

I tested positive for Covid within ten days of sailing so cancelled our cruise 11/27.

I have received 100% refund in dribs and drabs, the last about two days ago. No issues at all 🙂

What was the procedure? What docs were required?