Panorama, very important question, where can we get ice cream?

mkcurran

Our favorite place to go to on the Panorama was the Shake Spot. I think they were open till 10 pm but I’m not 100% sure on that. My favorite was the chocolate caramel shake. My husbands was the strawberry creamsicle. They are very very good and worth the $$$. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mkcurran said:

Where are the soft serve machines located? How late is the shake spot (java blue) open?

Hi 🙂

The 'Shake Spot' hours on Panorama (as of April 2022) 7am to 11pm.

20221215-135631.jpg

Swirls Soft Serve located deck 10 mid ship.

20221215-140106.jpg

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 1

Just inside the sliding doors, on either side of the lido buffet.

It's very interesting that Late Night Snacks is back at lido marketplace. Is this accurate or an old copy? That is big news if it's back. Sure it's not fancy but it's something and helps with the pizza hoards. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It's very interesting that Late Night Snacks is back at lido marketplace. Is this accurate or an old copy? That is big news if it's back. Sure it's not fancy but it's something and helps with the pizza hoards. 

It's old, Swirls is listed as 24hrs and that's not correct so I'm thinking the late night snacks is outdated info as well. 

• Like 3

Just now, cruisingguy007 said:

Ah, yes. Good catch, I suspect you are correct. Darn, I was hoping it was back. 

I enjoyed the late night snacks last year on Panorama on several sailings. They had a grilled tomato sandwich served on french bread toast that was killer yet not too heavy before bedtime. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 🙂

The 'Shake Spot' hours on Panorama (as of April 2022) 7am to 11pm.

20221215-135631.jpg

Swirls Soft Serve located deck 10 mid ship.

20221215-140106.jpg

Thanks! At least we can get shakes if they shut swirls down early.

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Good to know. Them being outside the doors on the Radiance just didn't seem right. 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

The Swirls says 24 HRS. Anymore, you'd need a weekly update for accuracy the way things are changing @ Carnival.

Last I heard it was until 10 or 11 pm. But they were shutting them down before 8pm on the Radiance last month.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Last I heard it was until 10 or 11 pm. But they were shutting them down before 8pm on the Radiance last month.

Yes, I've read it varies by ship on when the crew get a chance to shut them down at night. Last I heard the machines are open at 11am. On the Vista Class ships, like the Panorama, who really needs soft serve when the far superior gelato is served at every lunch with two different varieties available each day? 

Gelato 2.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes, I've read it varies by ship on when the crew get a chance to shut them down at night. Last I heard the machines are open at 11am. On the Vista Class ships, like the Panorama, who really needs soft serve when the far superior gelato is served at every lunch with two different varieties available each day? 

Gelato 2.jpg

Yum!!!! 

10 hours ago, eltigre said:

From Saint Greg for Panorama Aug 2022

Panorama082022Day2b.jpg

Note that "Pizza Plus" is a bit like Late Night Snacks.  The menu expands to include lasagna, a rotating sandwich (chicken parm, meatball, etc.) and caesar salad.    They had it on Horizon as recently as October.  Sadly, I missed the end of it by about 10 minutes...but I survived somehow. 😄  

They had a similar arrangement on the Vista pre-COVID and while the sandwiches were good, the lasagna was great....IF you like a meaty beef lasagna, which that definitely was.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Yum!!!! 

The gelato is wonderful plus you can add your own toppings like; chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, sprinkles, granola and many more.  You can also go back as many times as you want and it's free!!!

• Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 12:35 PM, mkcurran said:

Where are the soft serve machines located? How late is the shake spot (java blue) open? any other places to get cold frozen sweetness?

thanks for the chuckle on your very important question.  some cruise lines have soft ice cream outside near pool and regular ice cream in buffet area.  And on RCI they have ice cream in promenade as well (sorry I know this is CCL) just want to mention.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...