Queen Anne Deck Plans

gentlemancruiser

18 hours ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Looking at the deck plans I noticed:

• There are no single cabins
  • The Grill Lounge appears to have no windows.    

Is there a reason for no single cabins??

Doing a dummy booking there does seem to be a 50% discount on the unused 2nd passenger fare: i.e. Inside cabin £889pp for two, or £1333 for solo occupancy - not sure if this is standard?

As for Grills lounge - does look like there's a big - maybe dome shaped - skylight looking at plan combined with deck above - the hole coincides with the round table in the grills lounge

image.png.7d10d428941534622b5cd1f294da5ab2.png

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve done solo before there was single rooms and the discount was about 25%ish on a double room.  So if it’s 50% that’s amazing, well better haha 

The image of the grills deck outside shows a skylight in the centre above the grills longe s the plans show 🙂 

22 minutes ago, etruriaguy said:

I’ve done solo before there was single rooms and the discount was about 25%ish on a double room.  So if it’s 50% that’s amazing, well better haha 

The image of the grills deck outside shows a skylight in the centre above the grills longe s the plans show 🙂 

That’s the same discount. I was saying 50% off the second fare, which is the same as 25% off the double fare. 

Hello

(first time poster here and very much looking forward to what will be my first Cunard experience - please be gentle with me! 🙂 )

I have booked Britannia Club on the QA via a travel agent and my invoice shows A2 as the cabin grade; however when making the booking I was able to select a cabin which turns out to be BB grade. I understand that these cabins are "Britannia Premium". 

From the deck plans it seems that the BB cabin is a little larger than the A2 cabins, and in this case the one I've selected has a bigger balcony located on one of the "curves". 

Questions: when the time comes, will I get to enjoy both the Britannia Club experience  and  the larger cabin? Or somewhere along the line will things sort themselves out and I'll be re-allocated to an actual "A2" cabin? Should I keep quiet and say nothing? Or query it with the travel agent/Cunard now? 

NB this cruise is a present to myself for reaching the grand old age of something-something. I'm a singleton and will be traveling solo. I enjoy my own company, particularly at meal times , and the Britannia Club restaurant offer of a dedicated table/anytime dining really appeals. I also like the idea of the BB cabin with the extra balcony space just as it may offer the prospect of slightly enhanced views etc. 

Can anyone here offer any insight on what's likely to happen/best course of action, please? 

I would ASAP contact your TA to confirm you are booked in A2 grade Club Balcony and not BB which is an ordinary balcony cabin. For 2 main reasons there will be a lot of difference in the cost between A2 and BB and also in an A2 you would eat in a different restaurant with a higher dining experience and better food.

Edited by majortom10

@Ricardo_S, if you selected a specific BB cabin at the time of booking, I would expect your booking confirmation to show that you are in that cabin. Since the confirmation from your travel agent indicates you are in category A2, then something doesn't jive there.

If you are in a BB cabin, you will be eating in the main Britannia dining room, not the Britannia Club dining room. On the other hand, if you are in an A2 cabin, you will be eating in the Britannia Club dining room.

I concur with the advice you have been given. Get in touch with your travel agent to confirm if you have booked an A2 category cabin or BB category cabin.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

@majortom10and @bluemarble, thank you both so much for your replies, much appreciated.

I was able to get through to the TA this morning; they can see the discrepancy between their system and the deck plans and will raise this with Cunard today. I'm promised a call back in the next 24 hours... we shall see!

I shared my concern with the TA that all the Britannia Club cabins may sell out in the meantime, with the possibility that I'll miss out on that experience. I understand that the Queen Anne will have many more Club cabins than the other ships in the line so perhaps that is less likely, but it's still an anxiety I could do without! 

I will report back with the outcome as and when I hear anything more.

In the meantime, what would others do If offered the choice between the Britannia Premium cabin with the larger balcony and a great location  (and at a lower price point)  or an A1/A2 Club cabin in a less optimal location? Premium Balcony or Britannia Club?

This is a 14 day winter sun cruise to the Canaries and I'll be travelling solo on Cunard for the first time. 

1 minute ago, Ricardo_S said:

@majortom10and @bluemarble, thank you both so much for your replies, much appreciated.

I was able to get through to the TA this morning; they can see the discrepancy between their system and the deck plans and will raise this with Cunard today. I'm promised a call back in the next 24 hours... we shall see!

I shared my concern with the TA that all the Britannia Club cabins may sell out in the meantime, with the possibility that I'll miss out on that experience. I understand that the Queen Anne will have many more Club cabins than the other ships in the line so perhaps that is less likely, but it's still an anxiety I could do without! 

I will report back with the outcome as and when I hear anything more.

In the meantime, what would others do If offered the choice between the Britannia Premium cabin with the larger balcony and a great location  (and at a lower price point)  or an A1/A2 Club cabin in a less optimal location? Premium Balcony or Britannia Club?

This is a 14 day winter sun cruise to the Canaries and I'll be travelling solo on Cunard for the first time. 

There isn't any Premium Balcony cabins, they are all the same just different grades due to position of the cabin on the ship. There are also obstructed but essentially all the cabins are the same in size.

14 hours ago, Ricardo_S said:

Hello

(first time poster here and very much looking forward to what will be my first Cunard experience - please be gentle with me! 🙂 )

I have booked Britannia Club on the QA via a travel agent and my invoice shows A2 as the cabin grade; however when making the booking I was able to select a cabin which turns out to be BB grade. I understand that these cabins are "Britannia Premium". 

From the deck plans it seems that the BB cabin is a little larger than the A2 cabins, and in this case the one I've selected has a bigger balcony located on one of the "curves". 

Questions: when the time comes, will I get to enjoy both the Britannia Club experience  and  the larger cabin? Or somewhere along the line will things sort themselves out and I'll be re-allocated to an actual "A2" cabin? Should I keep quiet and say nothing? Or query it with the travel agent/Cunard now? 

NB this cruise is a present to myself for reaching the grand old age of something-something. I'm a singleton and will be traveling solo. I enjoy my own company, particularly at meal times , and the Britannia Club restaurant offer of a dedicated table/anytime dining really appeals. I also like the idea of the BB cabin with the extra balcony space just as it may offer the prospect of slightly enhanced views etc. 

Can anyone here offer any insight on what's likely to happen/best course of action, please? 

I'd query - A1 and A2 are Britannia Club.  BB are right next to A2 so they may have moved the split..

Also, Club get some more room perks now (according to brochure I received) - maybe just coffee machine and bottled water, I can't remember

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

There isn't any Premium Balcony cabins, they are all the same just different grades due to position of the cabin on the ship. There are also obstructed but essentially all the cabins are the same in size.

There are these 4 which are wide and shallow... plus there are some on other decks which have an angled balcony which may be a touch biggerimage.png.95e070e3e0119b6f6d18c2a713dba273.png

Edited by buchanan101

Yes, it was one of the angled balcony cabins on Deck 7 which I selected, assuming - because I'd already chosen Britannia Club as my fare - that it was a Club cabin (i.e. Grade A1 or A2).

Also, I've now noticed that one can almost make the same "mistake" on Cunard's own site:  selecting Britannia Club, then the option to choose the cabin for oneself allowed me to choose a cabin in the BB grade; only in this case both the name of the fare at the top of the page and the price to pay updated accordingly. If one was paying attention it'd be clear that the product had changed. This didn't happen on the TA's own website and the agent I spoke with this morning was able to see the problem for herself. 

Why it's possible to select a cabin grade which is not in the fare class is beyond me... but anyway: thanks again for all the advice. I expect it'll all get sorted sooner rather than later, and I'll end up with an A2 Club cabin (as that's what I'm paying for).  I'm sure it will be lovely... just perhaps not quite as exciting as I first thought! 

Edited by Ricardo_S
Grammar!

4 hours ago, Ricardo_S said:

I was able to get through to the TA this morning; they can see the discrepancy between their system and the deck plans and will raise this with Cunard today. I'm promised a call back in the next 24 hours... we shall see! ...

There are indeed discrepancies between the published QA deck plans and how some of the cabins are classified on the Cunard website. In particular, I've noticed the discrepancy with these cabins mid-aft on decks 6 and 7 which as @buchanan101 has indicated are located at the split between A2 and BB cabins in those sections.

These cabins are all classified as BB on the deck plans, but they are being sold as Britannia Club (and thus are being classified as A2) by the Cunard booking engine. I suspect this is an issue with the deck plans rather than with the Cunard booking engine. That is, I suspect those cabins are actually considered to be A2 cabins despite what the deck plans say. But only Cunard can answer that question for sure.

• Like 1

@bluemarble - thank you! The cabin in question is one of those you list in your latest post. I'd be delighted if your "suspicion" is correct and that I really have booked an A2 grade cabin, not BB. 

However, I guess the motto to live by is - as ever - "hope for the best but expect the worst."

I'll report back when I hear from the TA again but even if I do end up with an "ordinary" A2  I will still feel that I have something decent to look forward to. 

6 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

There are these 4 which are wide and shallow... plus there are some on other decks which have an angled balcony which may be a touch biggerimage.png.95e070e3e0119b6f6d18c2a713dba273.png

Perhaps so but still only classified as Balcony there are no Premium Balcony staterooms as a class.Only Club Balcony and Balcony, if there discrepancies depending on which deck plan you view them that is a mistake by Cunard which needs to be sorted.

Edited by majortom10

Hi again,

@majortom10- you are of course correct: no Premium Balcony staterooms on the Queen Anne ... I think the confusion may have arisen because - as I understand it now - cabin grade BB is Premium on the QM2. I guess the "Premium" rating is indeed due to location on that ship. 

In any case: I just heard back from the TA. Cunard have confirmed that my original booking is indeed for an A2 Club Balcony and my original choice of stateroom still applies. 

Which is nice! 

🙂

I guess an update to the QA deck plans may be published in due course...?

Thanks again to all for helping guide me through this issue. Now all I have to do is sit tight, be patient and keeping saving the pennies in order to pay for the thing! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ricardo_S said:

Hi again,

@majortom10- you are of course correct: no Premium Balcony staterooms on the Queen Anne ... I think the confusion may have arisen because - as I understand it now - cabin grade BB is Premium on the QM2. I guess the "Premium" rating is indeed due to location on that ship. 

In any case: I just heard back from the TA. Cunard have confirmed that my original booking is indeed for an A2 Club Balcony and my original choice of stateroom still applies. 

Which is nice! 

🙂

I guess an update to the QA deck plans may be published in due course...?

Thanks again to all for helping guide me through this issue. Now all I have to do is sit tight, be patient and keeping saving the pennies in order to pay for the thing! 

Thanks for the update @Ricardo_S. I'm not sure when we'll get corrected deck plans. It took them quite a while to change the QV deck plans to reflect the correct categories for the aft Queens Grill suites on deck 8 following QV's 2017 refit.

I've noticed cabins 6176 and 6179 with larger balconies immediately below the A2 cabins 7150 and 7197 are being sold as BB cabins (matching what the deck plans show) rather than A2. I probably would have expected all four of those cabins to be the same category.

Concerning "Premium Balcony", I don't think Cunard actually uses that term anymore. "Premium Balcony" does appear on early versions of the QM2 deck plans to refer to the sheltered balcony cabins. The glass-fronted balcony cabins were called "Deluxe Balcony" on those early deck plans. The "Premium" and "Deluxe" designations don't appear on any recent deck plans.

Some travel agent sites do now use the term "Premium Balcony" for the unobstructed glass-fronted Britannia Balcony cabins on QM2 to differentiate them from the "Sheltered Balcony" and "Balcony (Obstructed View)" cabins. That's probably their way of attempting to clarify what Cunard means by the Britannia "Balcony" category which is a bit ambiguous on its own.