Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

22 minutes ago, Proudwings said:

Thanks for this.

I followed this path but just get a message " Sorry.... We could not find any reservations at this time. Please check back later". 

When I click "Explore Dining options" I get a message "Please check back closer to your journey to use this feature"

It is not Explore dining options.

Do you have Premier Package or are you in a full Suite?  Not mini suite.

Edited by dog

1 hour ago, Proudwings said:

We're on the 23rd September TA cruise, Elite in a Cabana mini suite.  For some reason I can't access dining reservations (either MDR or Specialty) whether on the App or the online version. Can anyone advise how I can access reservations.  

Thanks

Mini suite may be the reason you can’t get in yet.

Sorry, we are not given any information on this.

26 minutes ago, Proudwings said:

Thanks for this.

I followed this path but just get a message " Sorry.... We could not find any reservations at this time. Please check back later". 

When I click "Explore Dining options" I get a message "Please check back closer to your journey to use this feature"

Yup.  Got the same thing.  In a suite and choosing first day.  Just as I thought, I think they took it away.  Anyone that got in there before they caught it are the lucky ones!  🙂

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Yup.  Got the same thing.  In a suite and choosing first day.  Just as I thought, I think they took it away.  Anyone that got in there before they caught it are the lucky ones!  🙂

Yup,

I could book earlier this am again but Now I am getting same message as you.

Sorry,  I still cannot access my booking in Personalizer. App was ok.

12 minutes ago, dog said:

Yup,

I could book earlier this am again but Now I am getting same message as you.

Sorry,  I still cannot access my booking in Personalizer. App was ok.

Same here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Proudwings said:

Thanks for this.

This is exactly the same thing that happens to me when I try to reach dinner reservations of any kind..

• Like 1

I just notice something when I tried to book Love.  It says that I have a standing reservation in "The Reserve Collection Experience".  But we are in a penthouse suite and should be in the Signature Restaurant.  Is this Reserve Collection an umbrella name for the restaurants that aren't the main dinning room?  Do other suite guests see the same thing?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I just notice something when I tried to book Love.  It says that I have a standing reservation in "The Reserve Collection Experience".  But we are in a penthouse suite and should be in the Signature Restaurant.  Is this Reserve Collection an umbrella name for the restaurants that aren't the main dinning room?  Do other suite guests see the same thing?

From what I’ve read there is a Signature Restaurant Reserve for all suite guests.

beside it there is a Reserve Restaurant for Reserve club mini suite guests.

Then there is the MDR.

6 minutes ago, dog said:

From what I’ve read there is a Signature Restaurant Reserve for all suite guests.

beside it there is a Reserve Restaurant for Reserve club mini suite guests.

Then there is the MDR.

Yes, that is what everything is saying and I expect to be in the Signature restaurant.  So I am not sure why the app currently says I am in the "Reserve Collection".  Asking if other folks in suites also say that or they specifically say "Signature Restaurant".  

Too early to be concerned but another reason why I am keeping an eye on Princess' new level of "service".

14 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Yes, that is what everything is saying and I expect to be in the Signature restaurant.  So I am not sure why the app currently says I am in the "Reserve Collection".  Asking if other folks in suites also say that or they specifically say "Signature Restaurant".  

Too early to be concerned but another reason why I am keeping an eye on Princess' new level of "service".

I have Reserve Collection Dining Experience on mine. I am in a Signature Suite.

59 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

27 minutes ago, dog said:

I have Reserve Collection Dining Experience on mine. I am in a Signature Suite.

On Celebrity we always book Aqua class, which gives us access to their version of the Reserve dining room and it ALWAYS says early dining (MDR) on our reservation. I know now to just ignore it because once on the ship everything works fine. I have a feeling the same thing will happen once we all sail. At the entrance to the dining room the first night they will ask your name and cabin number and then after that will recognize you.  No problems!

Ours also says “Reserve Collection Experience” and we are also in one of the penthouse suites. 

We are curious how the balconies are going to be, as we love spending time on our balcony. We usually book the large aft balconies, so this is going to be a whole new experience. 

has anyone been able to order the new “Sun” medallion as yet, or have any information when they might come out? 

On the app, after clicking dining, view or book daily reservations. That’s when “The Reserve Collection Experience” is on the screen. 

Interesting, I just noticed that our 2/8 reservation at Love is no longer there. 
🤔 hmmmm. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mary Kelly said:

On the app, after clicking dining, view or book daily reservations. That’s when “The Reserve Collection Experience” is on the screen. 

Interesting, I just noticed that our 2/8 reservation at Love is no longer there. 
🤔 hmmmm. 

well mine was there an hour ago- now Love for Oct 14/24 is gone!?

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

My app says the same.  I’m thinking that since the ship is not listed on the app under Explore the ship” there is no current Signature dining option.  Perhaps that will be corrected when the Sun begins to sail.  

I suspect with the Sun's dining room choices being so different from the rest of the fleet, the App just doesn't have the "chops" to handle a tri-level main dining room and two dining rooms dedicated to specific types of cabin bookings. Maybe once the new App rolls out this will be supported.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

I suspect with the Sun's dining room choices being so different from the rest of the fleet, the App just doesn't have the "chops" to handle a tri-level main dining room and two dining rooms dedicated to specific types of cabin bookings. Maybe once the new App rolls out this will be supported.

Yes,

all Reserve mini suite & full suite guests are walk in- says no reservations needed on the app.

Specialty restaurants do need a reservation.

If you want to geek out on more detail then this longer video below of the shipyard visit from an Argentinian channel will tick a few boxes- you can switch on subtitles in English to try and catch some of the commentary. 

Some interesting sections along the way -

4:13 Lido deck food venue

9:49 International Cafe
10:42 World Fresh Marketplace
16:57 Mockup cabins 
18:16 Sockets in cabins

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, dides said:

If you want to geek out on more detail then this longer video below of the shipyard visit from an Argentinian channel will tick a few boxes- you can switch on subtitles in English to try and catch some of the commentary. 

Some interesting sections along the way -

4:13 Lido deck food venue

9:49 International Cafe
10:42 World Fresh Marketplace
16:57 Mockup cabins 
18:16 Sockets in cabins

Thanks for the share. Am I the only one thinking it’s still got a hell of a lot of work to be done in 6 weeks? Not impossible but still it’s going to be non stop until 8th feb, some of venues still look like shells of what it’s going to be

1 minute ago, Bardy cruise said:

Thanks for the share. Am I the only one thinking it’s still got a hell of a lot of work to be done in 6 weeks? Not impossible but still it’s going to be non stop until 8th feb, some of venues still look like shells of what it’s going to be

Some of the venues do appear to need a lot more work but as the video mentions, some have carpet and the final finish covered up to protect them. There are 3,500 people working on it almost 24/7 I believe. Maybe they will be working on it up to the wire and won't be doing a full preview cruise from the shipyard/Trieste. And the 2 day inaugural "launch" in Barcelona on the 6th means they will have more control of where the media can roam and what events they put on.

1 minute ago, dides said:

Some of the venues do appear to need a lot more work but as the video mentions, some have carpet and the final finish covered up to protect them. There are 3,500 people working on it almost 24/7 I believe. Maybe they will be working on it up to the wire and won't be doing a full preview cruise from the shipyard/Trieste. And the 2 day inaugural "launch" in Barcelona on the 6th means they will have more control of where the media can roam and what events they put on.

Yeah agree and to be fair if Princess were not confident then it wouldn’t invited press in!! A busy 6 weeks ahead. I am on the second sailing so fingers crossed for that 

• Like 2