Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

15 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

All, if you really want to see some great pictures and videos of the ship, plus some useful information,@CanadianBurger is killing it with his Live From thread right now!

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

38 minutes ago, dides said:

Noticed that the Elite Lounge is held 4pm to 5:30pm in the Cascades Bar.  Isn't that finishing earlier than on other ships?  When we were on Discovery Princess, it finished at 6:30pm.

That’s correct.  Most Of the ships have been 5-630p for the Elite lounge.

This is better, as the early diners can participate also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dides said:

Posted this in the Staterooms thread but this has wider implications - there are certain protocols they need to follow when refuelling in Barcelona (not sure if it just this port) - including covering the Cove Balcony doors with the metal door coverings. Credit: Sarah G and Marta T

FB_IMG_1709960132058.thumb.jpg.777feb7fc163af0b10f9ad2b329eae8d.jpg

With some of the pictures that were posted I was wondering what those metal doors were for.

9 hours ago, StevenW said:

Wow.  During natural gas refueling......"The use of mobile phones, cameras.......will be prohibited whilst the ship will be docked......" 

How on earth are they going to enforce zero use of mobile phones across the entire ship for the hours whilst they are refueling??, let alone people coming & going along the pier adjacent to the ship.

With departing guests needing to coordinate travel plans, arrange for taxis, make calls to tour providers, call airlines, etc., this seems like an impossible ask. And for arriving guests, their entire onboard experience is now app driven requiring the use of their mobile devices. Again, restricting phone usage seems like an impossibility. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2024 at 8:33 PM, Jemnibabe02 said:

To change the topic just slightly: curious if the Ocean View rooms have the glass doors on the wardrobe like the balcony and mini suites?  I just can't seem to find any pictures of it at all.  Thanks.

Judy in SW Florida

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

"All balconies..., smoking only permitted indoors..., use of mobile phones...and any liquids that can spill over the balcony..." makes me think and hope that possibly the restrictions apply only to outdoors.

image.png.6258d999b97a277834542eb90e0b133e.png

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

"All balconies..., smoking only permitted indoors, use of mobile phones...and any liquids that can spill over the balcony..." makes me think and hope that possibly the restrictions apply only to outdoors.

image.png.6258d999b97a277834542eb90e0b133e.png

Considering there's a YouTube Live video going on right now with the person using their mobile phone to create it, I don't think it's an issue indoors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

You are correct. Ships with the Eclave do not include thermal spa privliges for suite guests as standard 

Mitch Mandell on the Sun Princess group on Facebook was the one who was in a suite on the first sailing and was saying they had it as a perk. 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not going to Santorini instead going to chania.

wifi not great. Tv pixeled, not clear, and doesn’t move so you can’t watch from sofa. We are in a D1.

service great, lots of cabin storage, not sailing on time because people didn’t do their safety. Stateroom not all cleanly found long hairs under glasses on shelf:(

Edited by Cdude
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Mitch Mandell on the Sun Princess group on Facebook was the one who was in a suite on the first sailing and was saying they had it as a perk. 🙂

My husband is in contact with him to get clarity.  If it is included they will refund me onboard as they do for suite first night specialty restaurant reservations.  Not worried.  I'm adding it to my Signature Collection question list.  🙂

• Thanks 2