Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can anybody share information about the SPA.

If there is any idea what the daily rate for the thermal suite area might be?

The pass for our cruise is showing about $25. per day...  So, almost $50.00 per day for two.

We paid a little less than $200 each for our 10-night. You can only purchase for the whole cruise.

23 hours ago, Globaler said:

Great - I called today and complained about not being able to book dining reservations since I have paid in full since the middle of last year. Was told it will be 30 to 60 days out. That really is unacceptable.

I was told the same thing when I phoned Princess 3days ago.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I check every day to see if we can reserve it yet!!!  🙂

Following your thread you started and hope you’ll share information about Spellbound if you get to experience it on your cruise. I’d really like to see the menu for the dinner.

Edited by KLM3164
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can anybody share information about the SPA.

If there is any idea what the daily rate for the thermal suite area might be?

The pass for our cruise is showing about $25. per day...  So, almost $50.00 per day for two.

I purchased mine via the website, signed in to my booking.  Did not see a way to add it on the app.  $149 per person for a 7 day cruise.

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

Following your thread you started and hope you’ll share information about Spellbound if you get to experience it on your cruise. I’d really like to see the menu for the dinner.

I will!  As I said, I probably won’t do it on the cruise but when I get home. Easier to type on my work computer and I’m hoping to NOT bring that.  Although we now have another day in Rome because KLM moved our flight (I know, poor me!) so maybe I can do it then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We are booking the thermal suite at $179 per person for a 9 day cruise. We will let you know how it is. 

Double-check on that; someone said on FB that the Thermal suite was included with the Signature Suites on Sun 🥂

Posted (edited)

Posted this in the Staterooms thread but this has wider implications - there are certain protocols they need to follow when refuelling in Barcelona (not sure if it just this port) - including covering the Cove Balcony doors with the metal door coverings. Credit: Sarah G and Marta T

FB_IMG_1709960132058.thumb.jpg.777feb7fc163af0b10f9ad2b329eae8d.jpg

FB_IMG_1709960139998.thumb.jpg.07e15c8e6b742937623cee468eb2e61a.jpg

FB_IMG_1709960112394.thumb.jpg.a5635f48a713ef4237ae6f84f4bde3d9.jpg

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, dides said:

Posted this in the Staterooms thread but this has wider implications - there are certain protocols they need to follow when refuelling in Barcelona (not sure if it just this port) - including covering the Cove Balcony doors with the metal door coverings. Credit: Sarah G and Marta T

FB_IMG_1709960132058.thumb.jpg.777feb7fc163af0b10f9ad2b329eae8d.jpg

FB_IMG_1709960139998.thumb.jpg.07e15c8e6b742937623cee468eb2e61a.jpg

FB_IMG_1709960112394.thumb.jpg.a5635f48a713ef4237ae6f84f4bde3d9.jpg

Wow.  During natural gas refueling......"The use of mobile phones, cameras.......will be prohibited whilst the ship will be docked......" 

How on earth are they going to enforce zero use of mobile phones across the entire ship for the hours whilst they are refueling??, let alone people coming & going along the pier adjacent to the ship.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StevenW said:

Wow.  During natural gas refueling......"The use of mobile phones, cameras.......will be prohibited whilst the ship will be docked......" 

How on earth are they going to enforce zero use of mobile phones across the entire ship for the hours whilst they are refueling??, let alone people coming & going along the pier adjacent to the ship.

I think they're just requesting nicely as they can at this point. 

Makes sense. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, jwattle said:

Double-check on that; someone said on FB that the Thermal suite was included with the Signature Suites on Sun 🥂

Nowhere is that stated. On the older grand class ships, suites get access to the spa but starting with Royal Class ships, that was taken away with the introduction of the Enclave. I would hate for all suites to have access PLUS folks that can buy it. It was heaven when we sailed after the Pause as there was no one in there. 

Share with me if I am wrong so I can get my money back once onboard.  

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Nowhere is that stated. On the older grand class ships, suites get access to the spa but starting with Royal Class ships, that was taken away with the introduction of the Enclave. I would hate for all suites to have access PLUS folks that can buy it. It was heaven when we sailed after the Pause as there was no one in there. 

Share with me if I am wrong so I can get my money back once onboard.  

You are correct. Ships with the Eclave do not include thermal spa privliges for suite guests as standard 

On 3/7/2024 at 6:36 PM, CaptainKirk said:

@dides

As usual you have the best information.

The cabin we had was 12409 and the balcony was slightly less long than the cabin in the video 14423.

The cabin we switched to is 15459, which has a bigger balcony but is not private and not in the Sphere.

Not sure which is the best choice.

Opinions anyone.

Thanks for your help everyone.

IMG_1155.png

IMG_1154.png

IMG_1156.png

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1158.jpeg

@CaptainKirk - I know it's been two days but I just saw your post.

FWIW - We had an extra long balcony on a Celebrity ship years ago. They are really coveted and hard to get so I was thrilled to snag one. It looks similar to the one pictured on the Sun but is a little wider and even a little less deep.

If you like sunlight in your cabin AT ALL you won't like that balcony. We hated the balcony and would never book one again. Found it very dark and depressing.

I think you made a wise move.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They need to add the location message - like Alongside Civitavecchia.

Errr.... Barcelona.  (Message has been added by now, BTW)

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, chamima said:

@CaptainKirk - I know it's been two days but I just saw your post.

FWIW - We had an extra long balcony on a Celebrity ship years ago. They are really coveted and hard to get so I was thrilled to snag one. It looks similar to the one pictured on the Sun but is a little wider and even a little less deep.

If you like sunlight in your cabin AT ALL you won't like that balcony. We hated the balcony and would never book one again. Found it very dark and depressing.

I think you made a wise move.

@chamima

Thank you so much for the awesome information.

Can you please let me know which Sphere balcony you had for comparison.

We like the long balcony.

Only thinking about the privacy since it is along the side of the ship facing a bunch of balcony cabins.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much.

11 minutes ago, CaptainKirk said:

@chamima

Thank you so much for the awesome information.

Can you please let me know which Sphere balcony you had for comparison.

We like the long balcony.

Only thinking about the privacy since it is along the side of the ship facing a bunch of balcony cabins.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much.

The balcony we had was on a CELEBRITY ship.

Haven't been on the Sun yet.

Noticed that the Elite Lounge is held 4pm to 5:30pm in the Cascades Bar.  Isn't that finishing earlier than on other ships?  When we were on Discovery Princess, it finished at 6:30pm.

• Like 1