RCCL and their Insurance

Goofyisme

On 12/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, Goofyisme said:

I strongly recommend that everyone avoid using AON which is the company RCCL uses.  I have been trying for several months to get my deposit back.  I had cancel for any reason insurance and I think surgery which kept me in ICU for 10 days and has a 6 month to 1 year recovery period would be sufficient but after several months still nothing from AON plus they are extremely difficult to get in touch with by me or my agent.

Avoid this company at all costs they are a ripoff.

We have always had reasonably fast adjudication of our claims with Aon. Once last year, they did send an email stating that they were back logged with COVID claims and it would take a few extra weeks. But they met the revised timeline. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

We have always had reasonably fast adjudication of our claims with Aon. Once last year, they did send an email stating that they were back logged with COVID claims and it would take a few extra weeks. But they met the revised timeline. 

Would be nice if I received such an email.

2 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

Would be nice if I received such an email.

I assume a claim has been opened and you have a claim number.  Have they denied the claim?  Have you received any communication?  It is one thing if they are not responding.  It is another if they have but you don't agree with the response.  

A previous poster mentioned your state insurance commissioner.   If they (AON) are literally not responding or you feel you are being treated unfairly, open an unfair claims practice complaint with your state ins dept.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ldubs said:

I assume a claim has been opened and you have a claim number.  Have they denied the claim?  Have you received any communication?  It is one thing if they are not responding.  It is another if they have but you don't agree with the response.  

A previous poster mentioned your state insurance commissioner.   If they (AON) are literally not responding or you feel you are being treated unfairly, open an unfair claims practice complaint with your state ins dept.  

Have not heard one word from them that is what annoys me most of all.  I know the claim is there although it was difficult to get that info.  A little communication would be nice.  Just waiting to see what their determination is before I go totally ballistic and start other actions such as you mentioned.

On 12/24/2022 at 10:46 AM, Goofyisme said:

Have not heard one word from them that is what annoys me most of all.  I know the claim is there although it was difficult to get that info.  A little communication would be nice.  Just waiting to see what their determination is before I go totally ballistic and start other actions such as you mentioned.

Seems like something has dropped through the cracks.   When you call their toll-free claim number, do they recognize your claim from several months ago?  Seems reasonable that they provide a status, assuming you asked.   Additionally, If you have a claim number you can check the status online.    

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Seems like something has dropped through the cracks.   When you call their toll-free claim number, do they recognize your claim from several months ago?  Seems reasonable that they provide a status, assuming you asked.   Additionally, If you have a claim number you can check the status online.    

I have been able to determine that the claim is there and being "processed" so we appear to be somewhere along the path to resolution.  My 2 issues are that I never received notification that they had received it nor that it would take such a long time to process.  It is a simple claim for a relatively small amount of money so I am just a bit annoyed.  Such is life for the time being but with my recovery expected to take 6 months to a year, I have nothing but time and federal and state agencies.

2 minutes ago, Goofyisme said:

I have been able to determine that the claim is there and being "processed" so we appear to be somewhere along the path to resolution.  My 2 issues are that I never received notification that they had received it nor that it would take such a long time to process.  It is a simple claim for a relatively small amount of money so I am just a bit annoyed.  Such is life for the time being but with my recovery expected to take 6 months to a year, I have nothing but time and federal and state agencies.

I don't understand what "I have been able to determine" means in light of your saying you never received confirmation of the claim.  Take a few minutes.  Call the claim phone number.  Find out what is going on.   Or, continue to do nothing.  Choice is yours.      

• Like 1

Just now, ldubs said:

I don't understand what "I have been able to determine" means in light of your saying you never received confirmation of the claim.  Take a few minutes.  Call the claim phone number.  Find out what is going on.   Or, continue to do nothing.  Choice is yours.      

Yes I never received a confirmation but I was finally able to verify online that the claim was being "processed".

What number do you have because I haven't been able to find one

Thanks for your assistance

1 minute ago, Goofyisme said:

Yes I never received a confirmation but I was finally able to verify online that the claim was being "processed".

What number do you have because I haven't been able to find one

Thanks for your assistance

1-800-453-4027.  

I hope this all gets resolved for you.   

On 12/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, Coralc said:

I can't address the company's lack of communication, but you are either cancelling for a covered (medical) reason and your doctor fills out the required paperwork. And you receive a cash refund. 

Or you cancel for any reason you want and receive a future cruise credit for a % of the cost. It is not clear whether you are filing a claim under which benefit. Presumably the insurance company is aware of the reason. 

The one time we had cruise line insurance, my mom wanted to cancel because her cat was sick. I was so mad at her, that I was going to wait until the next day. She would have received a probably unusable % FCC, for a frivolous reason. That afternoon a giant tree fell on her house rendering it unhabitable. So, I was able to file a claim for a covered reason, and she received a full refund. Of course, I had to do all of the filing and submit the photos and insurance reports. ☺️

In CA, we have a State Insurance Commissioner, and you can file a complaint with that office, they will assist if you are having problems with a company. 

I have canceled in the past due my dog being sick when I had cruise line insurance, and got 75% FCC. Not even close to being frivolous for me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I have canceled in the past due my dog being sick when I had cruise line insurance, and got 75% FCC. Not even close to being frivolous for me.

It is not frivolous to lots of people who love their pets. You can actually buy a third-party policy that covers pet illness as a reason for cancellation with full reimbursement. Anyone who is interested can check IMG policies.

• Like 2