Royal Princess Japan 2024 Repositioning cruise

ausbod

Does anyone know the details of Royal Princess itinerary from Yokohama to Anchorage 27 April to 11 May 2024.

We know she arrives in Yokohama from Australia on 27 April and we know the schedule from Anchorage to Vancouver from  11 May but 

the mystery is where she is going in between the two dates.

We did that route in 2018 (think the year is correct). We enjoyed seeing a good deal of Tokyo and surrounding area for a few days before boarding.

Hopefully you won’t have the issue we had after our Busan port call when returning to Japan port. That stop caused everyone to disembark in Japan and wait to go through immigration again before being allowed to visit the next stop or return to the ship. Our wait time in line was 2 1/2 hours mostly outside next to the ship. 

Other than that we enjoyed the cruise immensely. There was a very nice sail-away given by Japanese dancers and local people at Yokohama port when we departed.  

10 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

We did that route in 2018 (think the year is correct). We enjoyed seeing a good deal of Tokyo and surrounding area for a few days before boarding.

Hopefully you won’t have the issue we had after our Busan port call when returning to Japan port. That stop caused everyone to disembark in Japan and wait to go through immigration again before being allowed to visit the next stop or return to the ship. Our wait time in line was 2 1/2 hours mostly outside next to the ship. 

Other than that we enjoyed the cruise immensely. There was a very nice sail-away given by Japanese dancers and local people at Yokohama port when we departed.  

We did the same route.  On Golden Princess, correct?

11 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

We did the same route.  On Golden Princess, correct?

Yep. It was indeed!  Was the immigration issue as bad as I described?  My memory sometimes fails me particularly with the smaller details but I hardly ever forget things like that. 

You know what. Thinking about it again the long delay may have been when preparing to leave Japan port of call to go to Busan even though we were coming back to Japan for more stops. Sorry if I wasn’t correct on the specific issue 

7 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

You know what. Thinking about it again the long delay may have been when preparing to leave Japan port of call to go to Busan even though we were coming back to Japan for more stops. Sorry if I wasn’t correct on the specific issue 

I do remember we had a long delay, and lots of people waiting in line for hours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, ausbod said:

Does anyone know the details of Royal Princess itinerary from Yokohama to Anchorage 27 April to 11 May 2024.

We know she arrives in Yokohama from Australia on 27 April and we know the schedule from Anchorage to Vancouver from  11 May but 

the mystery is where she is going in between the two dates.

We are also waiting - rather impatiently now.  

We have booked the Brisbane to Yokohama segment, and also the Anchorage to Vancouver segment  - just waiting for the missing link.!!  

Also noticed that Princess no longer have the Rockies Cruise Tour.  But that's OK we can book separately.  

If Princess sold this as a Sydney to Vancouver (1/2 a Circle Pacific) it would sell really well. 

Anyway we just have to be patient until the powers of be decide when we should know. !!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I was hoping they were going to release fall of 2024 cruises too.  

I wish they would ‘hurry up’ & release their Europe 2025 cruises & in particular their Land of the Midnight Sun cruises! 🤪🤪

• Like 2