Carnival airport transfers, how late?

craig01020

If you have a lot of time, book a tour. The south beach tour sold out on my cruise. I ended up just doing a transfer. I had a 9:30 transfer ticket. I was there at 9:15. The bus didn’t get there until after 10 and we didn’t leave until 11.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I had a 9:30 transfer ticket. I was there at 9:15. The bus didn’t get there until after 10 and we didn’t leave until 11.

I think you just talked me out of ever using Carnival's transfer service, I was actually thinking about that for a cruise this summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I think you just talked me out of ever using Carnival's transfer service, I was actually thinking about that for a cruise this summer.

I’ve done it twice. Both times when I had OBC to cover it. In Seattle it was great. Miami to FLL…not so much.

After our experience I would never ever again book the transfers with the cruise line.  Like several mentioned your schedule is when the bus is full.  Years ago, we arrived at 10:00 and had bought transfers through the cruise company.  We were 10 minutes from the port and finally, when the bus was full, we left for the port at 2:30!!!!!!!!!!!  I had my elderly parents with us and it was a bit of a walk to the bus to add to our situation.  In the end, we had to buy airport food ($$$$$) because we had left so early we didn't eat breakfast.  We were so excited when they called our name, we left behind a fanny pack (that had cash and two digital cameras inside them) on the airport seating.  We got to the bus and my DH ran back (maybe 10 minute turnaround) and the fanny pack was no where to be found.  Granted leaving that behind was on us, but if we would have taken a taxi (this was before Uber or Lyft) we would have been on the ship hours before.  Several years later on a girls trip we booked the water taxi tour of Ft. Lauderdale to pass time before our flight and it was awesome. Good luck