NYE Cruise special Champaign option in CP

SimonStern

I am booked on a Royal cruise leaving on New Years Eve.  One of the special offers in the cruise planner is called:

New Year's Champagne

It lists out at $85 / package.  When I click thru to purchase, it shows 4 options for different Champaign (with different price points too.)  I can select the other person in my room, and when I do it doubles the price.

The disclaimer text says it cannot be shared, but it appears to be a whole bottle of Champaign delivered to the room.

• Packages cannot be shared and are not transferable. No refunds for unconsumed beverages.
  • Must be 21 and over to purchase this product.
  • Purchase today and your package will be delivered to your stateroom on Day One of your sailing.

Does anyone have any more detail or info on what is included with this package?  Glasses?  ice stand? Size of the bottle?  etc?

Edited by SimonStern
clarified CP behavior

10 minutes ago, SimonStern said:

I am booked on a Royal cruise leaving on New Years Eve.  One of the special offers in the cruise planner is called:

New Year's Champagne

It lists out at $85 / package.  When I click thru to purchase, it shows 4 options for different Champaign (with different price points too.)  I can select the other person in my room, and when I do it doubles the price.

The disclaimer text says it cannot be shared, but it appears to be a whole bottle of Champaign delivered to the room.

• Packages cannot be shared and are not transferable. No refunds for unconsumed beverages.
  • Must be 21 and over to purchase this product.
  • Purchase today and your package will be delivered to your stateroom on Day One of your sailing.

Does anyone have any more detail or info on what is included with this package?  Glasses?  ice stand? Size of the bottle?  etc?

You're allowed two bottles to bring aboard.

Get someting nice and enjoy the savings

I'm bringing this bad boy 🍾

20221221_170744.thumb.jpg.305ff67387b5aed97bb1cfd741a6f745.jpg

Hope to be toasting a GA victory as well

• Like 5

I suspect it is another example of poor web design for Royal IT.  Should you order, you will get a bottle in your room. Nobody will be in the cabin to supervise the number consuming the beverage, obviously.  I suspect they will deliver a couple flutes (though you can call room service if you need more empty glasses).  Checking more than name probably implies to their system that you want more than one bottle.

Rather than order via cruise planner, I’d also bring a bottle in the carry on luggage if workable in your travel plans.

• Like 2

I don't really have time to shop for a bottle at the port city, and don't want to take a bottle of champaign on an airplane.  And I don't want to drink warm champaign.

Honestly, their costs aren't too bad for the various bottles vs. what the bottle costs on land.  And I'm willing to pay for the convenience.  I just wish they described the service better. 😕 

Though we now live close enough to drive to port, I well remember how much more difficult it could be to bring wine aboard when one flies.  So, I understand why you are more apt to purchase your bottle through the cruise planner while others might be able tuck a bottle into a carry on bag.

I agree the description is suboptimal.  Perhaps the “no sharing” nonsense is there because they don’t want the blame for anyone foolishly sharing with minors.  Other than that, I’d shrug it off.  

You asked about size of bottles.  I can see 750 ml on the labels of the bottles in the pictures (though I don’t know which brand you will select). I believe you will receive a standard size bottle.  If you have doubts, you could take a screen shot of the ad with the picture of the bottle of your choice.

I think it will be delivered with a basic ice bucket and glasses, but if not you can contact room service.  Your room steward can, of course, provide all the ice you need.  I don’t think a formal stand will be provided.

• Thanks 1

I bought one because I want to bring 2 bottles of really good Cabernet. It wasn't anymore than restaurant prices & better than the cheap stuff by the glass.....oh & I was able to buy it for just one person, it looked deceiving, like you had to purchase for both people but you don't

Edited by Jax129
  • Like 1