Port of Los Angeles Outer Pier Berth 46

desherry

I am on an NCL cruise from LA to Miami on the Joy leaving Jan 6, 2023. I just learned that it will leave from Berth 46 instead of the Cruise Terminal's berths 92 or 93. What facilities are at berth 46? I am staying at the Hilton Doubletree in San Pedro which looks to be across the marina from the berth. Is there transport from the hotel available?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 8:24 PM, desherry said:

I am on an NCL cruise from LA to Miami on the Joy leaving Jan 6, 2023. I just learned that it will leave from Berth 46 instead of the Cruise Terminal's berths 92 or 93.

We will be on the same cruise. Where can I find info about which berth the ship will leave from? (I know you said berth 46, but can I actually see that somewhere in my booking or elsewhere?)

Will be taking a taxi to the port - do we need to specify to the driver what berth our ship will leave from? Or is there only one drop off area?

1 hour ago, Jorg_ said:

We will be on the same cruise. Where can I find info about which berth the ship will leave from? (I know you said berth 46, but can I actually see that somewhere in my booking or elsewhere?)

Will be taking a taxi to the port - do we need to specify to the driver what berth our ship will leave from? Or is there only one drop off area?

It is in your edocs. It lists the berth and address.

10 hours ago, Jorg_ said:

We will be on the same cruise. Where can I find info about which berth the ship will leave from? (I know you said berth 46, but can I actually see that somewhere in my booking or elsewhere?) Will be taking a taxi to the port - do we need to specify to the driver what berth our ship will leave from? Or is there only one drop off area?

The berth should be in the documents from NCL

Not only do you need to specify for the taxi driver which berth, I'd know where Berth 46 is, most LA cab drivers will not know. They are used to the two main berths, not the "overflow" berths.

The four Los Angeles berths each has their own drop off area normally, but I'd see if NCL provides instructions. Sometimes drop off is at the main berths of 91-93 and the cruise line shuttles over passengers.

Edited by scottca075

On 12/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, desherry said:

I am on an NCL cruise from LA to Miami on the Joy leaving Jan 6, 2023. I just learned that it will leave from Berth 46 instead of the Cruise Terminal's berths 92 or 93. What facilities are at berth 46? I am staying at the Hilton Doubletree in San Pedro which looks to be across the marina from the berth. Is there transport from the hotel available?

We are embarking on the Bliss on January 27th from Berth 46 too.  Would really appreciate it if you could come back and update us on what the actual procedure was.  Some folks have reported that they needed to check in at the regular terminal (berths 92/93) and then were shuttled to Berth 46.  Useless to call NCL as the phone reps know less than we do. 

14 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

We are embarking on the Bliss on January 27th from Berth 46 too.  Would really appreciate it if you could come back and update us on what the actual procedure was.  Some folks have reported that they needed to check in at the regular terminal (berths 92/93) and then were shuttled to Berth 46.  Useless to call NCL as the phone reps know less than we do. 

i am already stressing out.. hoping someone knows more where we check in.

8 hours ago, ajaris said:

i am already stressing out.. hoping someone knows more where we check in.

There is ZERO reason to stress out. San Pedro is a very small area. Berth 93 to Berth 46 is only a couple of miles (see map below) and there is very little in the area. It isn't like Miami or Fort Lauderdale. You can't get lost and they'll direct you to the correct area.

https://goo.gl/maps/U39KuWkS8CdjymLF8

You are coming in the night before I am sure and you'll have plenty of time to confirm the procedure.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

There is ZERO reason to stress out. San Pedro is a very small area. Berth 93 to Berth 46 is only a couple of miles (see map below) and there is very little in the area. It isn't like Miami or Fort Lauderdale. You can't get lost and they'll direct you to the correct area.

https://goo.gl/maps/U39KuWkS8CdjymLF8

You are coming in the night before I am sure and you'll have plenty of time to confirm the procedure.

thanks.. flying to LA 2 days before..taking Uber maybe 8am from west hollywood to Perth 46..hoping not crazy traffic...check in time is 10 to 10:30.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:09 AM, Jorg_ said:

Can look up your ship's berth here:

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

Edited by UnorigionalName
Oops, I see I am too late.