Not amazed by Tuscan Grille lunch

Moochi

On 12/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, Moochi said:

My conclusion: the food at Tuscan Grille was tasty but the portion is ridiculously small. The service is not nearly as good as other restaurants or bars on the ship. It is definitely not worth giving up a lunch Luminae and paying $100 for two. 

We paid $25 per person for a total of $50.  

12 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Such a crazy story. Our first time in Murano’s actually our first time in specialty dining aboard Silhouette. We heard that you were supposed to go right to restaurant you wanted to dine in when you board and make reservations. We get on board and head to Murano’s. We get behind a couple who is at the desk in the entry way of Muranos. The guy was a complete jerk to the person who was taking his reservation. The guy was totally over the top with his demands. Went on and on with this poor reservation guy.

Finally his wife said come on because she could see we were frustrated with the guy in front of us and his ridiculous requests.

He finally left with his wife and we said to the reservation guy Boy you did a much better job handling him then I would have.

We quickly made our reservations. Told him he did a great job handling that difficult couple.

Fast forward 3 days later we come to Murano’s for our dinner and low and behold our waiter is the guy at the desk taking reservations.

He smiled and did a incredible job with our flambéed table side lobster. We booked another night with him. We show up he says Hey I gave you extra lobster this time. 
Another great job…. Signed up for a $20 lunch special they were running. Lobster tail and nice sized fillet. Again we had him as a waiter.

It was so nice of him to take care of us in this way…..We just love Murano’s…..

What a funny, not funny story! Good for you!  I always cringe when i hear people being so rude to the staff.  And scratching my head as to what "demands" that guy was making. 

On 12/22/2022 at 6:38 PM, Kelownadon said:

I wonder why you just can’t believe somebody when they say portions were ridiculously small. Makes me think of several occasions where I have gone out to a fancy restaurant for dinner only to find out I would have to stop at a fast food place on the way home to get something to eat for the same reasons expressed above, i.e., the portions at dinner were too small.  

I thought that was a snarky comment also, some people just can't help themselves. BTW I believed you.