Price changes? 2023-2024 Eclipse South America holiday

zitsky

Can someone explain how price changes work?  I think I could save more than a thousand dollars.  I’d lose Elevate but I think that is mostly premium drinks?  I’d still come out ahead.  I have not made final payment.

You contact your TA or CVP and tell them that there is a price drop/promotion for the category cabin that you have booked.  They should be able to get your existing reservation modified to reflect the current prevailing pricing/promotion. 

You will lose whatever OBC/perks that your old reservation had and it will be replaced with the OBC/perks under the current promo/prevailing rate.  The only exceptions are any OBC you received from booking on board and RCL shareholder benefit OBC as they will be preserved as long as the booking number does not change which it should not.

Today Celebrity temporarily bumped up their OBC offer by $50 which you should get as well. 

Good luck.

Edited by mahdnc

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

You contact your TA or CVP and tell them that there is a price drop/promotion for the category cabin that you have booked.  They should be able to get your existing reservation modified to reflect the current prevailing pricing/promotion. 

You will lose whatever OBC/perks that your old reservation had and it will be replaced with the OBC/perks under the current promo/prevailing rate.  The only exceptions are any OBC you received from booking on board and RCL shareholder benefit OBC as they will be preserved as long as the booking number does not change which it should not.

Good luck.

Thanks!  Do you know what you lose BEFORE you make this change?

Edited by zitsky

Yes, you should be able to identify them.

OBC with the old reservation is lost except for booking on board OBC and RCL shareholder OBC.

Any perks associated with the old reservation (free gratuities, drink packages, wifi packages) are lost and then replaced with whatever you get from the new reservation.

You do not lose your deposit.

You do not lose any pre-cruise purchases you made through your Cruise Planner although I would expect ones that are affected to be refunded to you (example: if you paid for an upgrade to a premium bev package for a classic bev package that you no longer have).

Any transfers you purchased should still be good.  

If you had a Celebrity Air discount associated with the old reservation that is not on your new reservation, you would lose that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Thanks!  Do you know what you lose BEFORE you make this change?

If you have a good TA they should check  that all out before making any changes but just in case make SURE you tell the TA you are just checking and NOT to change anything before you specifically ok it.