Anyone ever have your dining time cancelled by MSC?

Stockjock

So I booked a NYE cruise on Preziosa back in July.  We always do late seating for dinner, so that's what I chose.

A bit later, they moved me to Virtuosa and changed the dining to early seating.  Not what I wanted, but you know my theory about trying to avoid calling MSC.  Figured I'd just deal with it onboard.

Since the ship sails in a matter of days, I doublechecked the booking tonight.  It states, "Your dining preference has not been set".

Not anything earth-shattering.  I can deal with it onboard, although once a similar experience occurred (their fault) and the maître d' really busted my chops, as if I was asking for something outrageous.

Anyone experienced this before?

Edited by Stockjock

When MSC has to change the number of seatings the old times get cancelled. Happens many times. One of the reasons for this.

In your case it looks like they have to change from 2 to 3 seatings because the ship will be on full capacity I guess. 

In Northern Europe MSC is happy about every guest who wants late seating 😄

• Like 1

I was recently looking at our booking, we had late dining - 20:30 assigned but a couple of days ago it stated not assigned. Now being fully aware of MSC computer peculiarities, I thought I'd check back in a few days. 

We've never had assigned dining before and it's the only concern regarding this next cruise. The sudden adjustment didn't help my anxiety over it. 

I feel slightly reassured now I know it's not just us.

Edited by CruisingFox27
  • Like 1

Yep MSC did it to me, from 7:15pm to 9:15 since I am usually in bed by 9 I was not able to eat in the dining room, not even once.  They would not give me back my early dining time. (P.s. they only had one show time at 8:15)