Why is it that every "Biggest Sale of the Year!"...

Stockjock

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I think we are going to give Oceania a serious look for future cruises. We did an Azamara cruise in 2017 and it was one of the worst experiences on any cruise, old, tired ships with pea sized cabins they call suites. 

I believe two of Oceania’s ships are the same as two of Azamara’s.  They are the old Renaissance ships.  🙂

4 minutes ago, Texed said:

I believe two of Oceania’s ships are the same as two of Azamara’s.  They are the old Renaissance ships.  🙂

If we book Oceania it would be ONLY on one of their 4 newer ships, not the old Renaissance ships. Azamara has nothing but the old ships from the 1990's.

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

It's the "biggest Scam of the Year", no cost savings for us when priced out. We booked earlier this year much cheaper, when not on sale.  In Texas we have deceptive advertising laws and Celebrity "sales advertising" violates them all. I love Celebrity but they keep running these scam advertising campaigns, and it makes me love them a little less.

X claims "Biggest OFFER of the year" and therefore is no violation.  Like it or not, like airlines or hotels, they have the right to increase fares then offer bigger discounts or "sales"

6 hours ago, paulh84 said:

With so much angst I'm surprised anyone here actually books on Celebrity. Maybe I'm missing something. 

This level of angst is pretty new IMO...over the past 6 months or so most everything about the ship has had a steep increase in price. Staterooms, excursions, packages of all kinds, etc, etc.

However, suites seem to sell out despite the heavy sticker price...

I agree.  The OBC is not quite what it used to be.  Prices on excursions, spa etc have increased about 50% over the past 2 years.  I tried Azamara and liked it last June.  However quality does not seem to consistent over time.  I have done 7 cruises in the last couple of years.  I was happy with all of them except the last Celebrity cruise.  Hoping this is just a 1 off.