Recommendations for non beach day

Giantfan13

We will be arriving in St Lucia from the RCCL Anthem in about 10 days. We have been here before and did an island tour, so we really don't want to repeat the same experience. Unfortunately, I do not do beaches as I have had several cases of skin cancer and prefer to be out of the sun more often than not.

From where the ship docks, are there enough things to do in that area to keep one occupied for some of the day?  We are seniors but we get around, so we don't mind walking a bit. We were looking at a sort of Tour to Pigeon Island. Is this more of a beach day or are there other things to do there?

Are there people at the dock like Txi's who do tours, or vans if we so desire to do something like this?

Any info would be most helpful.

Happy Holidays

Cheers

Len

4 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We will be arriving in St Lucia from the RCCL Anthem in about 10 days. We have been here before and did an island tour, so we really don't want to repeat the same experience. Unfortunately, I do not do beaches as I have had several cases of skin cancer and prefer to be out of the sun more often than not.

From where the ship docks, are there enough things to do in that area to keep one occupied for some of the day?  We are seniors but we get around, so we don't mind walking a bit. We were looking at a sort of Tour to Pigeon Island. Is this more of a beach day or are there other things to do there?

Are there people at the dock like Txi's who do tours, or vans if we so desire to do something like this?

Happy Holidays

Cheers

Len

Yes, taxis and tour operators at port if you want.

Lots to do if you don't want a beach day 

Pigeon Island is great - ruins, hiking, restaurants, shade, some beach if you want but not the main focus. 2 different hikes, one easy enough, one a little more difficult but very doable for anyone relatively fit. Ruins from the old British naval base all around to explore.. Jambe des Bois is excellent for lunch and drinks as is the Captain's Cellar.. 

Then maybe Rodney Bay for a short stop for some souvenir shopping at Sea Island Cotton or the Consignment shop upstairs JQ Mall, and back to ship.

Or Castries Market and cathedral in the morning then on to Pink Plantation on the Morne for lunch a fully restored plantation home showcasing local arts, crafts, gardens, and amazing food.

Segway tour, horseback riding, food tours, aerial tram through the rainforest, etc all available. Beaches are but one small part of what St Lucia offers . 

12 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Happy Holidays

Cheers

Len

COSOL TOURS…. The Best…..They have many off the shelf tours at various prices and can also offer bespoke.