NCL LAX transfer costs

Bxc53

I’m comparison pricing  a few cruises this for this Spring and can’t seem to find the LAX to Cruise port transfer pricing, without having a reservation.

Anyone have current pricing to share? I am aware there are several options to get to the port, but I’m looking for the NCL transfer to  benchmark.

12 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I'd call the Transfer Desk for the latest pricing.   I looked up the number for ya:    🙂

Thanks for that , but at risk of over sharing, my hearing is not what it used to be and I often struggle to understand on the phone. 
Still hoping someone can share a recent cost figure.

1 hour ago, jdc987 said:

$25 each way if you arrive early and leave later.  I think busses start around 11am.

Things may have changed over the past year, when I last sailed out of LA.  I was on a much earlier flight (11:00) so made it a point to get on the first bus out which was either 8:00 or 8:30.  I believe it was $25.  I don't think pricing is dependent on the time you're on the bus; when I booked the transfer online I don't recall being asked timing.  

I didn't take the transfer to the pier because I stayed overnight and didn't feel like schlepping back to the airport etc. so we took an Uber.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

Thanks folks , that helps a lot. As a solo cruiser this trip, Uber or taxi doesn’t make as much sense, $25 ish helps keep the budget for more important things, like adult beverages 😉

Edited by Bxc53

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 1:41 PM, phillygwm said:

Things may have changed over the past year, when I last sailed out of LA.  I was on a much earlier flight (11:00) so made it a point to get on the first bus out which was either 8:00 or 8:30.  I believe it was $25.  I don't think pricing is dependent on the time you're on the bus; when I booked the transfer online I don't recall being asked timing.  

I didn't take the transfer to the pier because I stayed overnight and didn't feel like schlepping back to the airport etc. so we took an Uber.

How much was the Uber? Was it a from the airport or a nearby hotel?

On 1/15/2023 at 11:08 AM, Candy Apple 12 said:

I don't recall the exact amount -- it was a year ago -- but maybe $60-70.  I was at a hotel near the airport.  

In order for me to get the transfer, I would have needed to book the room through NCL (overpriced) or schlepped back to the airport with bags etc. (hassle.)  The Uber worked out well for me and I usually do that going to the port.  Coming back, it's a tossup.  If there are a few of us, an Uber will be cheaper and quicker than the transfer.  If it's just me or me +1, and I'm in no hurry, I'll take the transfer. 

On 1/15/2023 at 11:08 AM, Candy Apple 12 said:

LAX doesn't exactly favor Uber these days.  After you arrive, you have to take a bus to the designated Uber pickup area.  And the roads around the airport these days...  oh boy, getting ready for the Olympics.