Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

The crowds are insane. Two rides are down. One of our lightning lane passes got cancelled because the ride went down - but we are having a fantastic time! Weather is great, and God bless drinking around the world 

As a former Disney cast member (many years ago), I remember the crazy crowds the week between Christmas & New Year's. We went there as guests many times during that week but can't say I'd do it again!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am glad you are enjoying your time at Disney.

As a former worker who worked for the construction company that built EPCOT, Disney is VERY different today.  I worked specifically on Spaceship Earth which at the time was the 1st of its kind ever constructed.

Our topping off party celebrity was Michael Landon!

I loved seeing EPCOT come to life.

I was a Florida resident for 40+ years many of those years as an annual pass holder for Disney until the company pretty much "pushed" the Floridians right out with their over the top prices, which appear to continue in today's world.

Footnote: back when EPCOT first opened we were able to purchase 3 day passes for $25....today that's probably what one pays just to park at Disney!

But they are a business and to each his own like or dislike, me I'd rather spend my $$$$$ on cruises but I enjoy watching others enjoy their time at Disney!

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Hogladyrider
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

As a former worker who worked for the construction company that built EPCOT, Disney is VERY different today.  I worked specifically on Spaceship Earth which at the time was the 1st of its kind ever constructed.

I was a Florida resident for 40+ years many of those years as an annual pass holder for Disney until the company pretty much "pushed" the Floridians right out with their over the top prices, which appear to continue in today's world.

Footnote: back when EPCOT first opened we were able to purchase 3 day passes for $25....today that's probably what one pays just to park at Disney!

But they are a business and to each his own like or dislike, me I'd rather spend my $$$$$ on cruises but I enjoy watching others enjoy their time at Disney!

Just my 2 cents.

Agree with everything you wrote.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

You know, sometimes when you’re that special kind of tired and just want a familiar tasty bite before bed, ya gotta get a triple dipper. 

155A257E-9D73-42D8-8265-C647D9CFB7DC.thumb.jpeg.5a5137f70cae0229dff407d4f83c22e8.jpeg

E85E3DDA-76DF-4DFE-87E9-617739CBEFDC.jpeg.13e4a4c004a2959aaa8545d4e9a33774.jpeg

The food that's guaranteed to fill you up to the sleepy point and leave you with happy dreams....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Just my 2 cents.

I hear you. We friends were reminiscing just a couple weeks ago about when we would travel there with all the kids about 20 years ago. We would get the 5 day hopper passes that never expired and were transferable. I want to say they were like $125 but none of us could remember exactly.

Those were the days of 20 min waits to get on a ride and you could repeat if you wanted. No such thing as a fast pass back then, granted the crowds were a LOT smaller!

Edited by aztekpm
  • Like 1

Okay! Last WDW day, gonna brave the masses at Magic Kingdom. Got a couple rides locked down on Lightning Lane, gonna get creative and take the Skyliner to Riviera resort and bus from there. Way less crowded. Today will/should be way less lengthy/boozy/expensive as yesterday with cruise day looming. 

164FCDDF-F44E-4F4D-B722-5516C6D4084B.thumb.png.496e31f2fee6fae475c1f2f1876f28d0.png

• Like 1

Dumb PC question for those who are following - I’ve only Ubered/been dropped off at PC, and my last minute travel snafu has me parking this trip.

I know last month when I got dropped off for that early embark window there was insane line to turn into the garage. Some people complained of waiting over an hour, etc., so I’m definitely gonna get there way early. My question is, since you can’t really pay online a la Galveston in advance, do you just pay for the week when you get there? Is there a booth or a dude with a machine there, or do you park and then print a ticket at some kiosk or something? 

17 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

As a former Disney cast member (many years ago), I remember the crazy crowds the week between Christmas & New Year's. We went there as guests many times during that week but can't say I'd do it again!  LOL

Same here.. I am a former cast member also.. and would def skip this time of year.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Dumb PC question for those who are following - I’ve only Ubered/been dropped off at PC, and my last minute travel snafu has me parking this trip.

I know last month when I got dropped off for that early embark window there was insane line to turn into the garage. Some people complained of waiting over an hour, etc., so I’m definitely gonna get there way early. My question is, since you can’t really pay online a la Galveston in advance, do you just pay for the week when you get there? Is there a booth or a dude with a machine there, or do you park and then print a ticket at some kiosk or something? 

There are off site parking that is available with prompt shuttle to the port.  Otherwise you will pay when you enter the parking garage.  We always use the off site parking.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Small world, I worked at EPCOT out of a trailer while the park was being built - such fun times! Our temporary employee cafeteria at the time was in Canada.

14 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

38F376B1-B1C4-4C0C-AFC9-A45047355DF4.thumb.jpeg.299916c1fc26034a86471eb93257e027.jpeg

Skyliner game changer 

Now this is something I wish they'd had when I was there.  🙂 

• Like 2