Nap time Bedding for Toddler?

Hello everyone! Our son and DIL have invited us along on their 5th Anniversary cruise to Alaska on the Brilliance. We will be looking after our 1 year old grandson while his mom and dad are out on excursions,  but we would like to rest/nap in our Jr. Suite instead of their inside cabin.

Does anyone know if we could request a pack and play for our cabin, or should we just bring ours from home? Our S&DIL already have sleeping arrangements made for their son in their own cabin, but we are on different decks and they are forward, we are aft, so it isn’t practical to move the bed from one cabin to the other every time a nap is required.

Any advice?

Junior suites usually have a walk-in closet big enough for a pack n play, but maybe someone familiar with Brilliance can be more specific. I don't know about the availability of the p n p; you might check with customer care by emailing them at special needs. Someone  on this board will give you the exact email address.

I have also seen online toddler size blow up beds, which might be easier than hauling the pack n play.

Best luck,

Barb 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, barb in ga said:

Junior suites usually have a walk-in closet big enough for a pack n play, but maybe someone familiar with Brilliance can be more specific. I don't know about the availability of the p n p; you might check with customer care by emailing them at special needs. Someone  on this board will give you the exact email address.

I have also seen online toddler size blow up beds, which might be easier than hauling the pack n play.

Best luck,

Barb 

Thank you, I will try and find that email address.

I had thought about a blow up bed, but my grandson is very “active” when he sleeps, so that may not work. He was in the NICU when he was born and already moved around in his bassinet! LOL!

I simply laid on our bed next to my toddler and read or listened to an audiobook while he napped. There was no need to bring a separate inflatable bed or pack and play (he was too big for it anyway).

Wouldn't a JR suite have a sleeper sofa? You can prop it up with chairs on the outer side like we did when DS slept in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I simply laid on our bed next to my toddler and read or listened to an audiobook while he napped. There was no need to bring a separate inflatable bed or pack and play (he was too big for it anyway).

Wouldn't a JR suite have a sleeper sofa? You can prop it up with chairs on the outer side like we did when DS slept in it.

Excellent idea!

• Like 1