Deluxe Beverage Package

23 minutes ago, jdmerck said:

It’s been since 2019 since I have been on a cruise it’s gone up in price since obviously but now juices and coffee is included?? How about soda and

bottled water????

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Our deluxe drink package just went up to $71 per day.  Kind of torn if we should get it or not.  We will be on a European  cruise and since the itinerary is port heavy not sure if it will make sense. It is nice though knowing we wont have a bar tab on our bill at the end of the cruise.

3 minutes ago, cruisin73 said:

Our deluxe drink package just went up to $71 per day.  Kind of torn if we should get it or not.  We will be on a European  cruise and since the itinerary is port heavy not sure if it will make sense. It is nice though knowing we wont have a bar tab on our bill at the end of the cruise.

Celebrity is asking for over a hundred on some cruises , glad rccl has 5 free drinks for diamond plus 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisin73 said:

Can we prepay onboard credit for drinks etc and be refunded what we didn't spend?

Yes @Fouremco, the exchange rates always get us.  We did our first cruise with RCL and did not purchase the DBP until we ordered our first drink, quickly did the math and ended up purchasing on the ship as it was still a savings - although not as good a savings as purchasing in advance.  Of course, it depends on what you enjoy for beverages, but we do find it a significant savings....and no bill at the end of the cruise is also nice!

Edited by jmom2004
the quote did not attach for some reason

20 hours ago, Fouremco said:

It's been quite a number of years since we cruised with RCI, and I don't recall the pricing structure when I previously purchased the DBP. I assume that they take the USD DBP price and convert it to CAD, although perhaps with a slightly better exchange rate than offered by credit card companies. Is this the saving you mention? 

Yes @Fouremco, the exchange rates always get us.  We did our first cruise with RCL and did not purchase the DBP until we ordered our first drink, quickly did the math and ended up purchasing on the ship as it was still a savings - although not as good a savings as purchasing in advance.  Of course, it depends on what you enjoy for beverages, but we do find it a significant savings....and no bill at the end of the cruise is also nice!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YYCruise said:

The drinks package covers up to $13 but most of the cocktails on anthem are $14, does this mean I will pay $1.18 per $14 cocktail drinks?

I'm not sure, but I have never had extra charges with the DBP.  

Wife and I bought the drink package on our 1st cruise with Royal(Allure) 2 weeks ago. We've cruised with Carnival  since 2007 but never purchased a drink package. We don't drink that much but wanted to try different drinks and see how we do with package. The drink were kinda light and we tipped every bartender every night.

Edited by rob6465

16 hours ago, jdmerck said:

It’s been since 2019 since I have been on a cruise it’s gone up in price since obviously but now juices and coffee is included?? How about soda and

bottled water????

Our drink package included bottled water, starbucks coffee(NOT starbucks kiosk), fresh squeezed OJ

5 hours ago, YYCruise said:

The drinks package covers up to $13 but most of the cocktails on anthem are $14, does this mean I will pay $1.18 per $14 cocktail drinks?

No, the package will cover up to $14 if that is the typical price aboard your ship.  You only pay the difference in rare circumstances.  I have never ordered something off the menu that wasn't covered by the package.

5 hours ago, YYCruise said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  The Deluxe Beverage Package will cover the cost of the on-board drink prices. If you ask for top shelf you might get charged extra.