Eden reservations question

Tarheeler

I'd like to book Eden and dine with another couple; so there would be 4 of us.   Do I have to book their reservation to make sure that we dine together?  If so, I will be charged for that or it will come out of my onboard credit.  Or is there a number that I can call?  Or do they need to book their own and somehow we can be cross-referenced?  Thanks so much!

Generally to book 4 passengers on two reservations you need to have your reservations linked.   This can be done yourself if you have control of your booking (booked direct on Celebrity) or have your agent do it for you if using an agent.   Having said that many times the link is rejected for "different currency" or one part is part of a group booking.

It is easy to do once aboard but probably best to call in and reserve.    If you wish to pay for both make sure you let it be re-known to the Maitr'd -  I've had problems when guests at a dinner party were each charged even though they were my guest and I had to have the Retreat Host straighten it out.

12 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Don’t wait. Reservations are in high demand. Book for the four of you as soon as you can and either straighten it out once on board or have them pay you back another way.

Yep, found out the hard way. Eden is full for my Feb cruise. 😞

Thanks so much for your thoughts!  I just made the reservations... was able to use some OBC and the remainder for the other couple to a credit card.  We're all set for Eden!  Can't wait as I've heard great reviews!  Any thoughts on the other specialty restaurants on Edge or perhaps I should try to make another Eden reservation? 

I did Eden twice on my cruise, both times were fabulous - so I got to try different things each time.

I didn't do Le Petite Chef just because I'm alone and its more of a show so felt it was better if I was with someone.

I've heard good things for Raw on 5 (I've booked for next time) and I did do Le Grand Bistro for lunch which I did enjoy. 

My favourite was for sure Eden, but I guess it comes down to if you want to try another restaurant or if you are ok with doing Eden twice. I don't regret doing Eden twice but I do wish I had tried more, I was just limited financially and when it was sorted all the restaurants were booked

6 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I did Eden twice on my cruise, both times were fabulous - so I got to try different things each time.

I didn't do Le Petite Chef just because I'm alone and its more of a show so felt it was better if I was with someone.

I've heard good things for Raw on 5 (I've booked for next time) and I did do Le Grand Bistro for lunch which I did enjoy. 

My favourite was for sure Eden, but I guess it comes down to if you want to try another restaurant or if you are ok with doing Eden twice. I don't regret doing Eden twice but I do wish I had tried more, I was just limited financially and when it was sorted all the restaurants were booked

I did it twice as well, LOVED it, I was solo also.

For my Beyond sailing, Eden was shown as sold out months before the sailing. 

We booked Eden before getting on the ship. While in the terminal waiting for the staff to start boarding, i got on the ship wifi and was able to book for the day and time I wanted.  

The app is awesome now - do everything while you wait for boarding and you will beat everyone else that tries to go to the restaurant once on board to make reservations. Some may not like this comment - but this is another reason to get to the terminal early before your assigned time. Even if they dont let you into the terminal, you should be close enough to the ship to get onto the wifi and app.

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 1