Carnival Venezia Journey's Cruise October 28, 2023- November 9, 2023

SammieMC00

Welcome everyone!  I am very much looking forward to this cruise and experiencing the "Carnival Fun Italian Style".  I loved the reveal that Carnival did a few weeks ago of what was going to be added to the ship and what they are keeping from the Costa brand.  The ship looks incredible and something totally different than what we are used to with Carnival ships!  It will be me and my husband on this sailing.  This will be our 13th cruise, well unless i manage to squeeze another one or two in before October!  We are both in our 40's and from the Pittsburgh PA area.  Who else is joining us? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Hubby and I will be on board! We're looking forward to the new boat. I'm excited to see pictures and videos from those embarking ahead of October. The cruise manager has holes- nothing can be booked in the spa section, they don't have airport transfers up yet, and I'm hoping they'll add in more excursions. Most of the restaurants are already booked up but we got in on the Bonsai Teppanyaki. We reserved a regular balcony. We'd like the new styles but dang they're expensive. We're both avid cruisers. Hope to see a whole bunch of us reporting into roll call soon. Thanks!

Day two after booking and 289 days to go. Today I called in to add our ride to/from the airport since I couldn't see ground transfers on my phone. I realized earlier that it'll be Halloween during the cruise! I wonder if they'll have a costume party..?

I could add three dining options but it's about all sold out. 

I'm checking into whatever carnival's offering plus researching third party excursions, but haven't booked anything yet. St Thomas is the only port I've been to before.

That's it for now- goodnight. 

BTW we're Steve and Lisa from Ohio. 

• 2 weeks later...

This will be our third Journies Cruise, our first from NY that is only 2 hour drive and 6th with Carnival. I am excited that we can get their by Uber, no flight,  no parking, no hotel night before. The journey cruises are special, different ports and the crew loves them too and their excitement is contagious and a brand new ship.

Edited by Raycpa

Hi everyone, I'm Nate from DC and just booked this cruise! I'll be sailing solo. I sailed out of NYC last year and loved it. Since we get back on a Thursday, I'm going to spend a long weekend in NYC. Looking forward to trying something a bit different on Carnival. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone! David and Jed from Seattle here - we are officially booked on this sailing as well. Excited to see what the Venezia is all about.

We are also bringing along our good friends Randy and Roger for this trip.

Looking forward to the trip along with a few nights in NYC ahead of the cruise.

Hi cruisers.  Looking forward to the Venezia.  Looks like a beautiful ship  Oct 28 to Nov. 9th.

From Tennessee.  Was on the Mardi gras a month ago the roller coaster is a wild ride. 

booked on the:

Venezia 10/28/2023

GLORY  8/13/2023   

PAST CRUISES:    

MARDI GRAS   12/10/2022

CARNIVAL PRIDE  4/2/2022

CARNIVAL SUNSHINE  9/29/2018

CARNIVAL DREAM   10/8/2017

CARNIVAL DREAM   10/9/2016

NORWEGAN SUN       10/13/2015

CARNIVAL DREAM    10/12/2014                                                                                               

CARNIVAL CONQUEST  10/13/2013

CARNIVAL CONQUEST  10/7/2012

CARNIVAL DREAM  10/8/2011

CARNIVAL DREAM  10/9/2010

CARNIVAL GLORY    11/21/2009

CARNIVAL VALOR  10/7/2007

CARNIVAL GLORY  10/7/2006

CARNIVAL CONQUEST  10/5/2005

CARNIVAL VICTORY  11/23/2003

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 1:46 PM, Maraprince said:

So it looks like we have a Roll Call for this sailing!  Hooray!

What is different on a Journey cruise?  Although I have sailed many times with Carnival, I have never been on a Journey cruise before.

Carnival Journeys Cruises | Carnival Cruise Line  click on this link 

this info is on the Carnival Journeys cruises  it is a cruise that last more then 9 days with lots of extras and Seaday throw back lots of fun hope this answers your question look forward to our cruise. 
JW from Tennessee

I noticed that our sailing has quite a few sea days.  How many times do you think they will have the big lunch/breakfasts in the dining room?

Also, will there be any opportunities to take photos in the dining room with the gondala?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

was on the things to do section yesterday and noticed the specialty restaurants are filling up fast.  booked a hibachi meal on a sea day there was still some seatings for dinner.  

checked out resort for a day options and those were much fewer than anticipated. 

I've been checking outside vendors and day resort pass sites and haven't had much luck there either. 

Its our first Journeys and we're hoping to take advantage of these beautiful ports. 

On 2/25/2023 at 7:55 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

Just booked. Might have to plan a Halloween costume and nfl sunday outfit.  

Who Dey! 

We were on a Halloween cruise in 09 and somehow won the costume contest lol. I'm checking out Venetian outfits trying to find something for this time. Masquerade masks or something. I can't wait!

Just booked two seats on the catamaran excursion to the Pitons in St Lucia...one of my favorite places on earth.  

this is our third trip to Lucia and the Pitons are a must do every time. first time we did a land based tour to the Pitons.  it was wonderful but its not easy to get to the Pitons by land.  we found the catamaran is much easier on the body.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, my girlfriend (39), my parents (78 and 68), and I (42) will be on this cruise. We will be celebrating my mom's birthday (Halloween baby). It will be my girlfriend's first time in New York and these ports. We are excited. So, excited.... that my parents have already packed.

• Like 1