Carnival Venezia Journey's Cruise October 28, 2023- November 9, 2023

SammieMC00

Hi everyone, we will be on a girls trip. It will be my mom, her bestie and myself. I'm planning on researching some excursions booked outside of carnival. Mom and bestie will probably do less active excursions, so we can get a couple excursions planned. One more active and the other less active if that works for you. If anyone is interested in getting a group together send me a message. Can't wait to make new friends and start our adventures. I'm Kim (56), Mom is (75) and her bestie Janice is (70). 

Starting to see youtube videos of Carnival Venezia.  

A couple featured the a la carte italian restaurant.  Most all raved about it but i dont think im down with $42pp upcharge at sea for pasta.  Im hoping the MDR delivers some unique options to kinda relieve the familiarity of entrees for 12 nt cruise.  

(I usually like buffett for one third to one half of dinners - i wear suit daily at work.  I really like dressing casual some nights at sea. But havent loved the CCL buffet past few sailing.  Definitely adequate, however.) 

Im very interested in the Journeys additions to the itinerary.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 12:09 PM, SammieMC00 said:

Welcome everyone!  I am very much looking forward to this cruise and experiencing the "Carnival Fun Italian Style".  I loved the reveal that Carnival did a few weeks ago of what was going to be added to the ship and what they are keeping from the Costa brand.  The ship looks incredible and something totally different than what we are used to with Carnival ships!  It will be me and my husband on this sailing.  This will be our 13th cruise, well unless i manage to squeeze another one or two in before October!  We are both in our 40's and from the Pittsburgh PA area.  Who else is joining us? 

2 of us!

• 3 weeks later...

i havent heard of any recent meet and greets or gift exchanges, not since Covid.  maybe i am in the dark however!  

excursions - Pitons in St Lucia and Maho Beach in St Maarten, two of my favorite places on earth.  i'll always go to those places when on those two islands.  

TBD St Thomas and Dominica.  

Really TBS on Barbados since there arent ANY excursions listed on Carnival website.  We have been there once before and could probably piece something together on our own fairly easily.   

Looks like you can walk to the beach in St Thomas, St Maarten and Barbados so that will

take care of 3 islands.  It's a longer walk (we have done it twice) to the beach in St. Lucia but

it is doable (little over a mile) so that only leaves Dominica that we will have to do an excursion.

For excursions, I only have a river tubing excursion for Dominica booked and I know I'll be taking a taxi to Orient Beach on St Maarten. 

For Barbados, there's an interesting cocktail making class at the Mount Gay Rum Factory that I'm considering. May do a catamaran cruise in St. Lucia. Will probably just walk over to Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas. Been there soooooo many times haha

On 6/1/2023 at 1:11 PM, krzymamabear123 said:

Hi everyone, we will be on a girls trip. It will be my mom, her bestie and myself. I'm planning on researching some excursions booked outside of carnival. Mom and bestie will probably do less active excursions, so we can get a couple excursions planned. One more active and the other less active if that works for you. If anyone is interested in getting a group together send me a message. Can't wait to make new friends and start our adventures. I'm Kim (56), Mom is (75) and her bestie Janice is (70). 

My cabin mate and I would be interested in a tour in St. Lucia that goes to the volcano and an island tour in Dominica.  Both of us are older adults and not looking for anything that is really a very active tour -- no parasailing and the like.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in booking outside of Carnival I have a coue we have done and LOVED them. The one in St Maarten is 
Soualigadestinations.com.   This one is an Amazing tour on a speed boat with 2 snorkeling stops, an island stop and the most exciting stop is a Mayo Beach where you can watch the planes landing right over the boat! There will be lunch and beverage’s also. Check it out. If you want to be on our boat group just let them note to book you with the Newton booking. 

sailcalabaza.com.  This one is in Barbados. You’ll be on a Beautiful Catamaran and it will feel like a private tour. They only book 12 people per tour. There will be 2 snorkel stops and a light breakfast, snacks, Bajan lunch and dessert plus premium beverages and their Legendary Rum Punch! It’s the most Relaxing tour. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2023 at 12:50 AM, amberjohn said:

Does anyone know of any meetups onboard?

Where is everyone staying the night before?

i think we are going to stay in the Times Square area the night before.  Gives us a lot more food and entertainment options than staying near Newark airport and shuttling in day of cruise.  

not the cheapest option but there are some decent bangs for the buck on the travel websites. 

• Like 1

Looks like there will be two NFL sundays and two Monday Night Football games on our itinerary.  

i'll be sure to bring some hometown Bengals gear!  i enjoy seeing the passionate fan bases watching the games on a ship.  

The second MNF game includes the NY Jets.  Might be really interesting if a lot of passengers are Jets fans seeing as how it departs NYC. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

i think we are going to stay in the Times Square area the night before.  Gives us a lot more food and entertainment options than staying near Newark airport and shuttling in day of cruise.  

not the cheapest option but there are some decent bangs for the buck on the travel websites. 

welp....we have yet to book a hotel for night before.  

Times Square locale is much closer to port (one mile) but an underdog has entered the race, Jersey City.  Due to ease of getting PATH train to WTC, which i havent been to since it has been rebuilt.  I had a WTC postcard on a bulletin board in my bedroom growing up... 

• Like 1

My friend and I will be onboard! We are both long time travelers with Carnival. I have been on Carnival Spendor. It was also originally a Costa ship, Carnival's Italian line. Lovely Italian decor ship so I can't wait to see Venezia! Any events planned on board for this group?

6 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

We have booked a pre cruise home base...Margaritaville in Times Square.  Gonna hunt for that lost shaker of salt! 

I do think we are bringing halloween costumes.  Nothing too extravagant however.  

Yeah we’re not going to be competing in the costume contest but it’ll be fun to dress up!

Only 3 weeks left! I’m so excited. I usually start packing at around the 2 week mark just in case anything is missing.