Carnival Venezia Journey's Cruise October 28, 2023- November 9, 2023

SammieMC00

3 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Yeah we’re not going to be competing in the costume contest but it’ll be fun to dress up!

Only 3 weeks left! I’m so excited. I usually start packing at around the 2 week mark just in case anything is missing. 

We are from Jersey as well. Will start packing next weekend, but I do have a packing list completed and ready to go. We are bringing pretty basic Costumes to dress up in. Halloween is my DH favorite "holiday".

21 minutes ago, Sjdcella said:

We are from Jersey as well. Will start packing next weekend, but I do have a packing list completed and ready to go. We are bringing pretty basic Costumes to dress up in. Halloween is my DH favorite "holiday".

My list is copy and paste from my last cruise but I do need to go through it and change the clothing pieces that I will be bringing. All of my necessities stay the same.

• Like 1

welllllllll, looks like 1 of our 2 preplanned excursions is up in the air.   We were gonna do an all inclusive resort for the day and it has removed itself from the very popular website that provides that access to cruisers.  

they asked us to call them 2 days before arrival to see if they could accommodate us or not.  interesting.  i certainly have a few plan Bs so we wont be left high and dry.  

just checked the NYC 10 day forecast and here is embarkation and sailaway forecast:

10/28 DAY

60°

37%
W8 mph

Partly cloudy early followed by increasing clouds with showers developing later in the day. High near 60F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Sat 28 | Night

49°

32%
NNW6 mph

A few showers in the evening, then clouds lingering overnight. Low 49F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

looks like the southern Caribbean is still trying to reason with hurricane season....Tropical Storm Tammy is about 90 miles northeast of Barbados right now.  Then head towards most of the islands we will be visiting. 

since im getting the internet package, a first, imma wait on booking excursions until day before landfall.  we have some prospects but last time in St Thomas our catamaran offered us the option to cancel free of charge since it was cruddy weather.  

23 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Weather forecast has changed for the better.  

75 and mostly sunny for day before and sailaway day.  This is fantastic news.  I was preparing for a chilly and possibly damp sailby of Lady Liberty and beneath the Verazanno bridge.  

I hope the weather stays dry on our port days too! 

I’m about 90% packed. I think I have overpacked again. I probably should go through everything again and take some things out but I am already tired of packing so I probably won’t. I have other things to do.