Cucina del Capitano, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen on Venezia?

BlerkOne

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't see them on the deck plan, but I see them available to book. Place holders perhaps or typical IT failure? Hmmmm.

Hi 🙂

So far, as of December 15th when last updated, In regards to the Italian restaurant on Venezia, I located this information below from GOCCL. I haven't been able to locate any JiJi info.

20221230-133140.jpg

Venezia Ship Features/Public Areas @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8841/~/carnival-venezia-(vx)-ship-features-and-public-areas

3 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 🙂

So far, as of December 15th when last updated, In regards to the Italian restaurant on Venezia, I located this information below from GOCCL. I haven't been able to locate any JiJi info.

20221230-133140.jpg

Venezia Ship Features/Public Areas @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8841/~/carnival-venezia-(vx)-ship-features-and-public-areas

I had booked Cucina hoping it morphs into this place - to be cancelled if it doesn't. 🙂

This was on the earlier press release.

New Specialty Italian Restaurant – In addition to the Italian dishes offered in the main dining rooms, an all-new dining concept is being created and more details will be shared soon.

This looks like it takes the place where Blue Iguana would go, if the ship had one. So not a sit down restaurant.

Tomodoro – Mexitalian fusion creations feature ingredients such as Italian meatballs and Sicilian chicken alongside traditional Mexican tacos and burritos, for breakfast and lunch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I had booked Cucina hoping it morphs into this place - to be cancelled if it doesn't. 🙂

This was on the earlier press release.

New Specialty Italian Restaurant – In addition to the Italian dishes offered in the main dining rooms, an all-new dining concept is being created and more details will be shared soon.

This looks like it takes the place where Blue Iguana would go, if the ship had one. So not a sit down restaurant.

Tomodoro – Mexitalian fusion creations feature ingredients such as Italian meatballs and Sicilian chicken alongside traditional Mexican tacos and burritos, for breakfast and lunch.

They had already discussed a new Italian Specialty restaurant concept for later reveal so you can be 100% sure there wont' be a Cucina Del Capitano. 

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Which is why I booked it.

It's interesting to note the most likely spot on deck five for the new restaurant was previously more shops under Costa, which was taken out for a new bar and the Italian Specialty Restaurant.  

On a different note I can't seem to locate which deck  the Wax museum is located and whether that will remain? Any bets on that? Did John Heald make any mention of it?

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

On a different note I can't seem to locate which deck  the Wax museum is located and whether that will remain? Any bets on that? Did John Heald make any mention of it?

It looks like it's located on Deck five in the hallway leading to the renamed Carnevale Bar and Lounge, so it's anyone's guess if it remains.

20 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I believe in his video, Heald said he wasn't sure if they would keep it.

On 12/31/2022 at 3:32 AM, Cherries Jubilee said:

I really hope they have a restaurant that is similar to JiJi’s.

Unfortunately, there won't be. They'll have Bonsai Teppanyaki and Sushi, but no JiJi's or Asian restaurant. The only restaurant they haven't officially announced is the new Italian concept. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ray985 said:

Unfortunately, there won't be. They'll have Bonsai Teppanyaki and Sushi, but no JiJi's or Asian restaurant. The only restaurant they haven't officially announced is the new Italian concept. 

Well in their q and a about Venezia they did say “and much much more to come”. You think they were just pulling out leg?

I don’t expect anything new but I figured that meant they might throw in a couple old things the ship doesn’t already have.

41 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Well in their q and a about Venezia they did say “and much much more to come”. You think they were just pulling out leg?

I don’t expect anything new but I figured that meant they might throw in a couple old things the ship doesn’t already have.

There is only so much space on the deck plans that isn't already dedicated. They aren't going to stretch the ship or add a deck.

Now JiJis is the only adult venue showing sold out under Specialty restaurants. Hmmmm. I think the odds of that are about 0.

19 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

There is only so much space on the deck plans that isn't already dedicated. They aren't going to stretch the ship or add a deck.

Now JiJis is the only adult venue showing sold out under Specialty restaurants. Hmmmm. I think the odds of that are about 0.

That sold out really puts the nail in that. I guess since it’s an Italian themed ship, an Asian restaurant wasn’t really a necessity.

Since they’re out of space I guess I should ignore that claim that they’re going to be announcing more. 

I’ll be happy to be on a new (to me) ship anyway.

9 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

That sold out really puts the nail in that. I guess since it’s an Italian themed ship, an Asian restaurant wasn’t really a necessity.

Since they’re out of space I guess I should ignore that claim that they’re going to be announcing more. 

I’ll be happy to be on a new (to me) ship anyway.

They aren't out of space, but only so many venues can fit in the area(s) that haven't been named. Offhand, I only noticed one that is still to be revealed.

https://www.carnival.com/-/media/64a4430808b84b98a70a95d379f713ff.ashx

Carnival had already announced most

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-cruise-line-unveils-new-details-for-carnival-venezia-301700741.html

but it is an Italian themed ship