Specialty restaurant bookings on multi segment cruise

NeedToChill

Hello,

I read somewhere that if your entire cruise is made up of a series of shorter sailings back to back, then your specialty restaurant bookings have to be spread evenly between each constituent cruise.

I'm wondering how this applies if the cruise you're on was sold as one long cruise, not actually purchased as a series of back to back cruises?

We are on the March 22 Miami to Venice/Trieste cruise on Riviera, which has two parts that can be bought separately, Miami to Rome and Rome to Venice/Trieste. We have two bookings per restaurant. So I'm wondering if half our specialty restaurant bookings will need to be made in each part of the cruise or not.

Thanks,

--Julian

34 minutes ago, NeedToChill said:

Hello,

I read somewhere that if your entire cruise is made up of a series of shorter sailings back to back, then your specialty restaurant bookings have to be spread evenly between each constituent cruise.

I'm wondering how this applies if the cruise you're on was sold as one long cruise, not actually purchased as a series of back to back cruises?

We are on the March 22 Miami to Venice/Trieste cruise on Riviera, which has two parts that can be bought separately, Miami to Rome and Rome to Venice/Trieste. We have two bookings per restaurant. So I'm wondering if half our specialty restaurant bookings will need to be made in each part of the cruise or not.

Thanks,

--Julian

They need to be distributed per cruise segment length according to the rule for your cabin level (even if it’s an “extended journey” with a single booking number).

Based on cruise length and cabin category you’ll be allocated a certain number of reservations per venue. The reservation system will force you to spread those reservations out over the entire cruise. If you attempt to exceed a time frame it will give you an error saying “ you have exceeded your allotment for this time period “.

• Like 1

The first half of the cruise you might have some trouble booking the Miami to Venice for the time and restaurants you want. But the Venice to Rome section will be easier because those guests can't book till 30 days later..

Just had this experience. We were on a “Grand Voyage” booked as a 23 day cruise, but also sold as an 8 day cruise from Rome to Barcelona, followed by a 15 day cruise from Barcelona to Miami. We were allowed 2 reservations in each of the four specialty restaurants. When I booked them online, the computer program had me make the first reservation at all four restaurants during the first segment and the other four during the second segment. I could not space it out over the whole voyage. 
    Once onboard, we were able to make 2 additional reservations- don’t know if it was because it was a Grand Voyage or because we were in a PH. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Benita said:

Once onboard, we were able to make 2 additional reservations- don’t know if it was because it was a Grand Voyage or because we were in a PH. 

or maybe they had some available  tables  🙂

• Like 1

We were on a the second, third and fourth segments of a four segment cruise. Each one was one week. When our turn came to make reservations we could make a TON! We were able to make two reservations for each of our two weeks on our three weeks of the cruise. We did have a couple of nights we couldn't get the time we wanted but that was unusual. Those on segment three got less and those on segment four got next to nothing and had to make all their reservations once they were onboard.