A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We have been, but thanks. 

Yea, China is a wild card. Lots of misinformation 

This website (from 2023) provides a list of the countries for which American citizens require a visa.  You might find it useful.

https://www.atlys.com/post/countries-where-us-citizens-need-a-visa

• Thanks 1

We would be in Tauranga, New Zealand on February 12, 2024.  We visited this port in 2016.  We walked the path that circles Mount Mauganui.  It was a 2.9 kilometer trek that revealed many beautiful views of the water and beach at the very base.  The day we were there was part of Waitangi Day weekend - New Zealand's National Holiday (celebrated annually on February 6).

Here's a photo from that walk....

DSC00627.jpg.9f22fcf1ebbfa7e56294e0535cc7dca2.jpg

From http://whatsinport.com:

"The Port of Tauranga has a full range of services available, with only a short stroll to the town of Mount Maunganui, shopping center and banks. Also, within walking distance of the port are two magnificent beaches – the inner harbor has a gentle beach, while on the ocean side is a well-known surf beach. You can take a shuttle to Tauranga which is a bigger town.

Distance to the city: 6.7km (4.2 miles) to Tauranga city and 78.4km (48.1miles) to Rotorua. If you need to get to Tauranga city, you will need to catch a bus 5 or a taxi which will take around 8 minutes.

Shuttle buses are often provided by the cruise lines.

There is a tourist information booth at the end of the pier where you can pick up some maps, brochures, and book excursions. There are a number of Qualmark tour operators located outside the port gates that can be booked for local or Rotorua tours through the iSite on Salisbury Ave.

You will find in the "pen" lots of rental cars and vans lined up with signs on them saying Rent Me.

Mount Maunganui rises 232 meters from the sea The walking tracks to the top of this extinct volcano provide 360 degree views which span the entire length of the Pay of Plenty.  A 1 hour 30 minute hike to the top.  Below the mountain you will find Mount Hot Pools, a heated saltwater pool area with natural pools and facilities including free wi-fi, changing room, showers, spa services, snacks and drinks.

Tauranga lies in the heart of the Bay of Plenty region, about 2.5 hours south of the city of Auckland. It has become one of New Zealand's fastest-growing areas thanks to plentiful sunshine and beautiful
beaches. But with a population of only about 100,000, Tauranga can still offer you generous space to yourself. In fact, the densest concentration of attractions, and perhaps the biggest crowds, is on
The Strand in the downtown area. Tauranga is the financial hub, with lots of offices. Most passengers will go to Rotorua. 

Hobbiton Movie Set where some major scenes from Tolkien's iconic trilogies of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit were shot. You can visit Hobbiton Movie Set on a 2-hour guided walking tour only. About an hour away from Tauranga."

We booked GASTRONOMIC EXPERIENCE OF WAIKATO REGION (a Selected Excursion priced at $249 pp).

Experience the farm-life and flavours of the Red Barn in an interactive new way during this scenic and fun-filled, full-day excursion with lunch.

COUNTRYSIDE DRIVE, LIVESTOCK, WAIKATO DISTRICT, ROCK SPRINGS FARM, RED BARN

Depart the pier with your guide for the scenic, approximately one-hour drive to the Red Barn. En route, traverse the beautiful countryside, see paddocks full of sheep, horses, beef cattle and dairy cows, and enjoy informative commentary about the history of the region. Located on the Rock Spring Farm, a stunning working dairy farm in the Waikato region, the Red Barn was well-known at the turn of the 20th century for being a livery stable. Stagecoaches stopped at the Red Barn during long journeys to exchange their tired horses, then carried on with their voyage across the greater Waikato.

SCENIC FARM DRIVE, RED BARN, INTERACTIVE BUTTER-MAKING AND TASTING

Upon arrival, take a short sightseeing drive through the picturesque farm, then proceed to the Red Barn. Following a welcome refreshment and comfort stop, learn about the history of the Rock Spring Farm and Red Barn, then try your hand at making your own butter during an interactive butter-making experience. Once churned, you can sample it on fresh, locally-baked breads.

INTERACTIVE, SIX-COURSE DEGUSTATION LUNCH, FREE TIME, PARK-LIKE GROUNDS

Next, proceed for a six-course degustation lunch with wine. During lunch, you are invited to participate in the preparation of one of the courses, and enjoy a 'sensory' experience between courses three-and-four. The chefs also share stories of the fresh, locally-sourced ingredients used for each dish, from the buttermilk of the farm's dairy cows to the fish from area lakes and rivers. After lunch, some free time is made available to stroll about the property and relax in the park-like grounds, and even take some photos whilst seated on 'Bertie', the vintage tractor.

At the conclusion of your visit, re-board your coach and commence the approximately one-hour drive back to the pier.

Here is a link to The Red Barn.....
https://www.tourismexportcouncil.org.nz/member_listing/the-red-barn/

"The Red Barn is an iconic turn-of-the-century function venue and farm tour operator . Set on a 500 acre working dairy farm in the Waikato region, The Red Barn specializes in tour groups, farm tours, weddings, functions and bespoke events. Proudly NZ owned and operated for over 10 years by Lance & Bridgette O’Sullivan."

steps-up-to-barn-with-birtie.jpg.e585d47acb2d957ce39488ff38f18026.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wristband said:

Mysty & Others, does Shadow have a separate specialized coffee bar (similar to Baristas on Oceania and Coffee Corner on Regent)?

The Shadow has something called the Atrium.  It has a version of the Arts Café which is found on the larger ships in the Silversea fleet. It was added when the ship was updated in 

From an article on the update....https://discover.silversea.com/on-board/glowing-elegance-shedding-light-on-the-new-silver-shadow/

"The Atrium, as this central lobby area on Deck 5 is now known, is one of several changes that Silver Shadow underwent as a result of her most recent refurbishment, completed in late 2019. True to its name, it is an expansive combination of space and light that invites discovery. Aside from the guest reception counters, it features an interactive guest relations desk, spacious and open-walled boutiques and jewelry store, a future cruise sales office and vibrant new furnishing. At the heart of it all sits Arts Café, the deli-bar/evening cocktail lounge featured on sister ships Silver Spirit and Silver Muse, that now brightens Silver Shadow with a light of its own. One glance at The Atrium and the other enhancements to the ship, it becomes readily apparent (at the risk of sounding contradictory) that this new Silver Shadow is all about light."

And a photo....

Capture.JPG.a364275d6a09bdf52eb76ccb817a7020.JPG

I am a avid photographer in the decidedly amateur class.  I am a point and shooter (with a camera).  My skills have advanced from "bumble fingers" to "slightly better than bumble fingers".  I take many snaps of things that catch my eye but are not shots you would see in any tourist guide.  They are an eclectic collection which conjure up delightful memories for me.  Here are some odd ball snaps from the 2019 grand adventure.

1. Rangiroa - We stopped for a coffee after our amble around the beach

DSC05363.JPG.02412a54c4777e6e64fff7385156d840.JPG

2. Moorea - Shadows of palm fronds

DSC05419.JPG.997740cc900720a7eacb14930f43813c.JPG

3. Osaka - The ferris wheel at night

DSC06219.JPG.f2b27d94f4350e9138fa63b8138b8d74.JPG

4. Kyoto - Sign at Tenryu-ji Temple Complex

DSC06419.JPG.df71fb9de8d9b3cbf2189a15a3a93817.JPG

5. Ho Chi Minh City - Ngon Restaurant

DSC06711.JPG.d2e1a07cd950de0e473174f06e93b7b1.JPG

6. Singapore - Temple of the Tooth - Beautiful ceiling

DSC06793.JPG.4c2b0a78a124bf8fe4b2dbb8ddbe0622.JPG

7. Praslin - Vallée De Mai - Sun shining through a beautiful green leaf.

DSC06957.JPG.a66bceea1d145e7f50cf028cac0fab04.JPG

8. Namibia - Paper bag lanterns on the desert during a Dinner in the Desert

DSC07475.JPG.573fa5da4c0f77cc1753d7dd3b6bcd90.JPG

9. Gorée Island - Dakar - Gorée Island dinner was one of the events on the 2019 World Cruise

DSC07617.JPG.7903616ad98f5b8e01fcddc0c9b95282.JPG

10. Casablanca - Hassan II Mosque 

DSC07734.JPG.c924ff9f8e7dbd88ebe4cf56918d3616.JPG

11. Seville - Beautiful dancer in the street

DSC07851.JPG.92c5f4537d79414f0310b3a1c07afee3.JPG

12. Seville- Colourful display of wares

DSC07896.JPG.9cd480bc3a7d2b7c5cd4c01b8a53fbcc.JPG

I'm looking forward to more madcap photo ops for our next big adventure!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Those are excellent photos mysty. I do my cruise reports for the same reason. they act as my memory. Which reminds me I promised to do one more summary post on my last report.

Thank you drron!  And I really appreciate your continued support for this thread!  🥰

• Like 1

We would be in Apia, Samoa Islands on February 2, 2024.  As I mentioned this would be a new port for us.

According to http://whatsinport.com:

"The port is located in the busy Apia harbor at the mouth of the Vaisigano River. Polynesian music and performing traditional native dances will greet you.

Only about a 20 minutes pleasant walk to town. Plenty of taxis are available to take tours of the area or just to ride into town.

Apia is the capital of Samoa and part of the Tuamasaga district. The city is located on the northern coast of Upolu Island. It is the nation's major port and only city. It is a little run down but there are good bars and restaurants and a walk along the beachfront is beautiful.

Robert Louis Stevenson was so smitten with Samoa that he spent his last years there. His stately house, Vailima, is now a museum. A 45-minute climb leads visitors to the author's tomb, located below the summit of Mount Vaea. Don't miss snorkeling during high tide at the Palolo Deep Marine Reserve, a shallow reef with a blue hole surrounded by walls of coral and amazing marine life.

A taxi ride to Aggie Grey's Hotel, immortalized by James A Michener, takes about five minutes. Most passengers walk there for a Bloody Mary.

Taxis are cheap and plentiful. The Samoa Visitor's Bureau has a price list for Apia. Do agree on a price ahead of time, if they think you look rich they may try to overcharge you. You can get one for a whole day for about the same price as a rental car. A taxi from one end of Apia to the other should only cost about $20 USD (40-50 Tala). An approximate cost of US$10 per hour is a fair rate.

A walk along the sea wall is enjoyable. But only on a milder day (i.e. 25 degrees).

Things to see and do:
* Falefa falls, Mafa pass and Fuipisia falls
* Vailima museum built in honor of writer Robert Louis Stevenson
* Papasee sliding rocks
* Samoan museum
* Snorkeling at Palolo marine reserve"

There are no excursions available to book yet for Apia.  According to the Silversea website the following may be available:

3 Included Shore Excursions:

TAUMEASINA ISLAND RESORT ESCAPE - Depart the pier for the short drive to Taumeasina Island Resort where you will have approximately 4 hours of free time to relax, sunbathe and swim. Enjoy breath-taking views of the Pacific Ocean, and the scenic mountains of Upolu, and choose from an array of activities available at the resort, such as snorkelling, beach volley, tennis or simply sit back and soak up the Samoan sun on its private white sandy beaches.

A DAY IN APIA - LOCAL MARKETS, CATHEDRAL & MUSEUM OF SAMOA - Local Markets - Depart the pier for a short drive to the local market, a great place to sample some of the most delicious fruit in Samoa including fresh coconut, banana's and other exotic fruits. Next, visit a handicraft market offering a wide array of Samoan handicrafts.  Continue to Immaculate Conception Cathedral, truly a must-see when in Apia. Looming over the harbour, this lofty cathedral is breathtakingly beautiful and by many described as Samoa's architectural gem. You last stop will be at the Samoa's National Museum which contains a striking collection of artefacts and historical images pertaining to Samoa's rich living culture and its dynamic history. 

ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON MUSEUM & BAHAI TEMPLE - Depart the pier and take a ride up to the beautiful island plantation home of the famous author Robert Louis Stevenson.  It is now a world class museum containing the largest collection of Stevensoniana on public display in the world and located directly below the famous authors Mt Vaea burial site. Next, proceed to the Tiapapata Bahai Temple, a place of prayer and meditation for peoples of all backgrounds and religions. One of eight such sites in the world, the building itself boasts simple architectural beauty surrounded by landscaped gardens with footpaths and bridges.

2 Selected Shore Excursions:

SOUTH COAST LAVA RIDGE HIKE & WATERFALLS - Tiapapata Bahai Temple, Papapapaitai Falls, Togitogiga Forest Reservation & Coastal Hike, Togitogiga Waterfall

ALEIPATA DISTRICT WATERFALL, TO SUE TRENCH & PIULA CAVE POOL - Fupisia or Sopoaga Waterfall, To-Sua Ocean Trench, Free Time, Lalomanu Beach, Lunch, Free Time, Piula Cave Pool

I'm thinking Aggie Grey's Hotel looks very inviting!

Island-Travel-Network-Sheraotn-Samoa-13.jpg.3c0994a6e7b12d07d854049d12823d84.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wristband said:

These are great photos!  Thank you.

Thank YOU wristband!  I'm really looking forward to capturing this next big adventure.  Especially Japan and Alaska.  So much wonder in our world! 😀

2 hours ago, wristband said:

Keep the hits coming Mysty!  Helpful for our thinking about the WC ports.

Thank you wristband!  I like to research.  I really enjoy learning about places we would visit.  Definitely helps with the choice of excursions.

I'm not sure when you started reading this thread.  If there is some place of special interest I may have covered it.  Use the "Search This Topic" at the top right.  It will list the posts with your word or phrase contained in them.

Edited by mysty

Mysty, we went to Samoa for a week's vacation in, off the top of my head, 1985.  We stayed at Aggie Grey's and used it as a base. It was at a time before the hotel had been renovated so it was fairly basic. The dining highlight was the weekly meal served in the restaurant of roast lamb, potatoes and pumpkin. Not very tropical but very Kiwi! The other things I remember about the stay were that we had an earth tremor which got everyone out of bed in the middle of the night! Second, it was a few years before Aggie Grey died and it had become her practice to come to the window of her bedroom, in the then unrenovated hotel overlooking the driveway, and wave to the departing guests. It is things like that you remember about a holiday.  One interesting thing to do is to visit Robert Louis Stevenson's grave which I'd expect would be in at least one of the tours, though it is a bit of a climb behind his house, now the museum.

• Like 1

Great photos Mysty !  I have been an  avid snapper in the past  and hopefully will be back in full  swing  for our next cruise when  we hit the komodo drangons,  and the one after that - my favorite JAPAN in cherry blossom time  !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Mysty, we went to Samoa for a week's vacation in, off the top of my head, 1985.  We stayed at Aggie Grey's and used it as a base. It was at a time before the hotel had been renovated so it was fairly basic. The dining highlight was the weekly meal served in the restaurant of roast lamb, potatoes and pumpkin. Not very tropical but very Kiwi! The other things I remember about the stay were that we had an earth tremor which got everyone out of bed in the middle of the night! Second, it was a few years before Aggie Grey died and it had become her practice to come to the window of her bedroom, in the then unrenovated hotel overlooking the driveway, and wave to the departing guests. It is things like that you remember about a holiday.  One interesting thing to do is to visit Robert Louis Stevenson's grave which I'd expect would be in at least one of the tours, though it is a bit of a climb behind his house, now the museum.

Thank you Turtle!  I love bits like this!  They add so much to the life and fabric of the place!  I really appreciate your contributions!  🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rojaan19 said:

Great photos Mysty !  I have been an  avid snapper in the past  and hopefully will be back in full  swing  for our next cruise when  we hit the komodo drangons,  and the one after that - my favorite JAPAN in cherry blossom time  !

Thank you rojaan!  I hope you get back to your snapping! 😁  There is a certain feeling of accomplishment when you look back on your creations and savour the memories you've preserved!

• Like 2

After our first big adventure in 2016 we were asked a number of questions.  I have posted three of those questions along with our responses previously in this thread.  Here is another of the questions posed:

Question:  What suggestions/recommendations/warnings might you have for those considering a World Cruise?

I would first like to say that I would highly recommend this experience!  It is a grand adventure.  We learned a lot, met many interesting people and enjoyed being pampered for 4 glorious months.  The choice of cruise line is a very personal thing.  There are a number of cruise lines now offering a World Cruise, each with their own inclusions, suite options, ports and price points.  It is the experience that I am recommending.  Here is a link to the cruise lines which are offering World Cruises:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/cruises/around-the-world-cruises

If the cruise sails west across the Pacific Ocean you have to enjoy sea days.  I was initially unsure about the prospect of so many days between ports.  On previous cruises we had at most 2 or 3 sea days in a row.  On the 2016 cruise we had 10 or so in a row and I grew to savour them.  The pace of life was slower and the options for filling the days were plentiful.  Some passengers did get restive however.  This is something to consider.

If you are prone to sea sickness you will want to choose a cabin/suite/stateroom on a lower deck and as close as possible to midship.  The movement there is less disruptive.  To be sure, rough seas are rough seas and there may be no place on the ship without some movement.  We have been very lucky with the sea conditions!  The Pacific Ocean was relatively calm and the Tasman Sea was very calm.  These waters can get unruly.

Be prepared for missed ports.  On our 2016 cruise we did not get to go ashore on Easter Island, Pitcairn Island or Rarotanga in the Cook Islands.  These were to be anchor ports with passengers going ashore by tender.  Unfortunately the swells were too high for the tenders and were not safe for the transport of passengers.  Disappointing but understandable.  Some passengers were extremely upset about the missed ports.  In 2019 we missed Sao Tome.  Our ship had received a Mayday from a local cargo ship that had capsized.  According to Maritime Law we were required to detour to the position of the accident to assist in the rescue.  Apparently the ship in trouble was a ferry that carried cargo and up to 204 passengers including women and children between Sao Tome and Principe. We were required to sail in a grid pattern to help locate missing passengers.  This is part of the nature of cruising.  Regardless of the planned itinerary, circumstances can necessitate a change of plans.

Pack your own over-the-counter medications and medical supplies.  I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful friend, who is a nurse and who provided me with a list of items to bring.  That list was posted earlier in this thread. Thankfully, we did not have to use many of them and it was very helpful to have them on hand.  It would have been very difficult to find a pharmacy in some of the ports we visited.  There is a ship doctor and nursing staff on board.  (Note - for the 2016 World Cruise, Medical Service was not included. For those on the full World Cruise for 2024 Medical Service is included)

Do your research before you go!  Find out about the climate, currency and sites to see in each port.  This will help determine what you pack in terms of appropriate clothing, what you will need in terms of foreign currency and which shore excursions (ship or private tours) will be of interest.  At some of the sites we visited shorts, sleeveless tops and socks and shoes were not allowed in some of the places of worship or shrines.  Some of the sites were in the rain forest where insects were an issue.  We had treated one outfit (top, pants, socks) apiece with Permethrin which is effective for 6 weeks or 6 launderings.  This worked very well for us.  The USD was accepted in a number of ports on our cruise.  However, there were definitely ports where only the local currency was accepted.  It helps to know that in advance.  We took a mix of ship-sponsored shore excursions, privately-operated excursions and explore-on-our-own excursions.  For each port we were visiting I compiled a list of "places to see".  Some ports were easy to explore on our own and some ports in countries we had never visited before were a little more daunting.  In those ports we booked excursions.

Buy travel insurance.  Yes, it is an additional expense!  However it is really a necessary one.  We buy medical coverage and trip cancellation/interruption insurance for these cruises. Thankfully we did not have to use any of it.  Some passengers on our cruises did!  

Take lots of pictures and back them up.  You can edit them when you get home to cull the gems.  Photo editing works a treat for straightening, cropping and enhancing.  

Try new cuisines!  Many of the excursions we have booked involve food.  It's a delicious way to explore the culture of the places you are visiting.  Some of our most memorable meals were enjoyed on these tours.  For example, in Dubai we took a private Dinner in the Dunes excursion.  The meal was cooked by the guide and helper.  We ate on cushions and watched the stars.  It was just the two of us and the guide and helper.  It was magical.

DSC03548.jpg.a3b29550429de52661fb9176f8859dbf.jpg

Another wonderful meal was enjoyed in Ho Chi Minh City at the Ngon Restaurant for lunch.  This Included Excursion is on offer for March 29, 2024.  Saigon Street Food Experience (SGN-B).  It includes HO CHI MINH CITY AND SAIGON FOOD STREET MARKET, TAN DINH MARKET, VENDORS AND FOOD STALLS, NGON RESTAURANT AND LUNCH.

DSC06708.JPG.9c16d5eb7269130c630180f9fde202f2.JPG

Take the time to chat with fellow passengers and crew.  You will be travelling with a cornucopia of personalities, interests and life experiences.  You'll get insights, enjoy belly laughs, make new friends and discover the joys of the human interaction that was missed during the years of the nasty.

Carpe Diem folks!

• Like 4

I received an interesting email from Silversea this morning promoting the 2026 World Cruise.  Some of the information in the link included in the email applies specifically to the 2026 adventure.  However, there is a lot of information that applies to other World Cruises (2024 and 2025). 

https://discover.silversea.com/destinations/everything-you-need-to-know-about-a-world-cruise/

Scroll down and you will find:

Pre-cruise logistics

Passports and visas
Vaccinations and precautions
Health care and insurance
Money matters
Phone plan
Securing your home
Packing for a World Cruise

The on-board experience

Will I be with the same passengers all the time?
Will food choices begin to repeat?
How can I stay in shape onboard?
What will entertainment be like on the ship?
How are holidays and events celebrated?
How will I keep in touch?
What happens in case of emergency?
Is it safe to explore independently?
What happens if the ship skips a port?

I'm not sure who was on the mailing list for this.  If I am repeating things that don't need repeating...mea culpa!

We would be in Lembar Lombok, Indonesia on March 15, 2024.  This would be a new port for us.  I put a snippet about this port in an earlier post.

According to http://whatsinport.com:

"The wonderful, natural settings around Lombok create an atmosphere of peace and relaxation. A day at the pristine beaches surrounding the island offers visitors ample opportunities to participate in water sport activities such as water-skiing, swimming and boating.

As soon as you are outside the gates you will be mobbed by street sellers. For about $75 you can hire a van/car with driver for the day. Inside the gates it will be much more expensive. Tell the driver you want to go to Senggigi beach with a stop off on the way for a coconut drink. Then ask to go to the shopping center in Lombok and he will wait for you the whole time. Kuta in Lombok is also nice if you have time. Don't pay the driver under any circumstances until he drops you
back at the port.

Just south of the port you can rent a motorized boat for a trip along Gili Nanggu Beach, which provides a picture of the life-style on the island, with the pleasant bungalows built on pillars.

You may also be able to visit the resort island of Gili Nanggu just 20 minutes by outrigger offshore, which offers idyllic conditions for snorkeling (with pretty coral formations and many colorful fish),
swimming, or just relaxing on the island's white sandy beach."

We booked LOMBOK'S CULTURAL HERITAGE.

Discover the cultural heritage and traditional arts and crafts of Lombok during this scenic, half-day sightseeing excursion.

GILI MAS, MATARAM DISTRICT, CAKRANEGARA TOWN AND MAYURA WATER PALACE

Depart the pier for the scenic, approximately one-hour and 15-minute drive to the small town of Cakranegara, located in the Mataram District. Upon arrival, a visit is made to the Mayura Water Palace. One of Lombok's religious and historical buildings, it was originally known as the 'Garden Palace of Kelepug', a name derived from the 'kelepug' sound that emerged when the swift water discharged from springs in the middle of the palace's pond. The Mayura Water Palace emotes a peaceful, natural, religious and historical aura. The palace is equipped with a pool, arranged in a way that looks like a beautiful garden. Although the Mayura Water Palace was designed with Balinese and Javanese influences, it also imparts a nuanced religious feel. In some special rituals, the temple still functions as a place of worship of the Gods.

DOWNTOWN MATARAM AND NTB MUSEUM

Next, re-board your coach and continue on to downtown Mataram, the capital city of Lombok, for a visit to the NTB Museum. The museum's exterior features the relics of a cannon and anchor, mementoes of the arrival of the Dutch on Lombok Island. During your guided walking tour inside the museum, view collections depicting the island's geology, biology, ethnography, archaeology, history, numismatics, heraldic, philosophy, and ceramics. In addition, see dolls dressed in traditional Sasak, Mbojo and Samawa garb, part of the culture of the Province. In the main exhibition room, a row of glass cabinets contains funerary artefacts, as well as those used for marriage ceremonies. Other collections include manuscripts containing historical records of Lombok.

SAYANG SAYANG ART MARKET, FREE TIME AND SHOPPING

Next, re-board your coach and proceed to your final stop, the Sayang Sayang Art Market. This local art market was built as a hub for Lombok Island residents and craftsmen to display and sell their crafts. The market consists of small stores selling handicrafts such as wooden, rattan, cane and bamboo products, along with antiques and traditional woven cloth (ikat). During your visit, some free time is made available to browse the items available for sale. At the conclusion of your visit, re-board your coach and commence the approximately one-hour and half drive back to the pier.

Mayura Water Palace....

Mayura-Temple.jpg.6a768729a74a446a765e6a9ed5ce7548.jpg