A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

36 minutes ago, Grand Duchess said:

Do try the Plantation 20th anniversary if you can. Bajan rum with a French finish, very good, but then those Cognac people know what they are doing. Came across the Plantation rums quite by accident at the yearly Single Malt Whiskies exhibition in Zurich a few years ago and spent the rest of the evening tasting their rums instead of Ardbeg's etc. finest as originally planned. Well me anyway, my husband liked the Speyside single malts much more than those from the isles, but then he had a refined taste. Interesting how it is often the ladies who go for the peaty Islay whiskies.

Currently sitting in the Swiss lounge waiting to board the flight to Hongkong. One night there and then Silver Muse here I come😊

Thank you @Grand Duchess !  I'll see what we can do with your suggestion.  😁  Safe travels and have a glorious sail! 🥰

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grand Duchess said:

Thank you Mysty😊 Will be looking out for a certain electric blue jacket😉

To quote JP...Please say Hi to Drron and Rojaan from Mysty and Myster (although we haven't yet met). 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mysty said:

To quote JP...Please say Hi to Drron and Rojaan from Mysty and Myster (although we haven't yet met). 😁

Hoping we will in Bali next year when we are there waiting for the Muse and you arrive on the Shadow 2 days before the Muse.

• Like 2

For those interested, the bow ties have appeared to indicate the Formal Nights for the World Cruise.  They look like this....

Capture.JPG.10f2d81434a7cd609edea82c9cd624d9.JPG

This example was taken from the Holiday Season cruise just to illustrate.

16 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Say Hi to Drron and Rojaan from us!

Will do!

Currently sitting in the Michelin starred Cantonese restaurant of Cordis hotel treating myself to my first taste of jellyfish (unexpectedly good and nice texture), bites of barbecued pork belly, stuffed hairy crab and as dessert pomelo jelly with red bean whatnot, very refreshing. Glass od excellent Chardonnay from Beaûne to wash it down and just got offered a nice Sauternes with the dessert. All good in my universe right now😊

IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

IMG_4308.jpeg

• Like 6

I was having a good day until I checked our air reservations with Air Canada.   They have disappeared!  This happened before on a previous cruise because the flights were not ticketed by the deadline required.  Our travel agent has been informed.   Hopefully,  they can get the reservations back.  😔

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

C’mon suite upgrade for dropping the ball again!

This is really unbelievable!  I sent our travel agent an email last week asking that Silversea please ticket the flights.  I'm really not sure what happened.   Our travel agent is currently dealing with Silversea. 

UPDATE:  It turns out that the flights were ticketed.  When that happened the locator numbers were changed.  We were not informed of the changes.  The reservations for outbound and inbound flights had been under 2BCDEF (for illustrative purposes).  Now there are 2 locators in the format ##A#BC and ##AB#C.  We are now able to find the reservations.  My heart is now back to beating normally.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mysty said:

UPDATE:  It turns out that the flights were ticketed.  When that happened the locator numbers were changed.  We were not informed of the changes.  The reservations for outbound and inbound flights had been under 2BCDEF (for illustrative purposes).  Now there are 2 locators in the format ##A#BC and ##AB#C.  We are now able to find the reservations.  My heart is now back to beating normally.

A few premature beats can keep things interesting.

20 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

Really glad that was settled quickly.  I find all things flight related to be the greatest stress these days.

It's a pain for sure. They just tweaked our flight times for the return from Africa (less than a month now until the return leg). Every time I get an email from DL with the subject "Your itinerary has changed..." I get palpitations. Like Mysty. It definitely keeps things interesting!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I didn’t take you for a rocker, Mysty.  Here’s a video of your title from my youth; 

To say Bobbi Jean Brown was an infatuation of many a young boy back in the day would be an understatement.

You can never judge a book by its cover, Stumble.  😁  I would not have associated this with the music of your youth.  And you probably would not associate this with the music of my youth (eons before yours 😅).  However,  music does span generations!  Thanks for providing the music that made me dance around the living room!  🥰  And of course,  I had to look up Bobbi Jean Brown....beautiful woman!  Understandable source of infatuation!  

Edited by mysty
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mysty said:

Glad it is sorted! It's certainly stress-inducing.  I thought I knew a bit about how airlines operate but it a new one on me to hear of a locator number changing, and being split, at the point the flights were ticketed. My devious mind thinks this may be something to do with money!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

I thought I knew a bit about how airlines operate but it a new one on me to hear of a locator number changing, and being split, at the point the flights were ticketed.

I’m with you.  Even after flying multiple times each week over 25-years I have never experienced a record locator changing.  Seems bizarre, but what do I know? 🤷🏼‍♂️ We need that FlyerTalker person to weigh in here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Glad it is sorted! It's certainly stress-inducing.  I thought I knew a bit about how airlines operate but it a new one on me to hear of a locator number changing, and being split, at the point the flights were ticketed. My devious mind thinks this may be something to do with money!

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’m with you.  Even after flying multiple times each week over 25-years I have never experienced a record locator changing.  Seems bizarre, but what do I know? 🤷🏼‍♂️ We need that FlyerTalker person to weigh in here.

I'm very glad to hear that you both think that this situation is odd.  I don't have as much flying experience as you gents.  I definitely did not think that the seeming "poof" of the reservation could have been due to a change in the locator.  Thank you!

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Though when we flew to Tokyo for this cruise on a paid ticket that we paid for there was a change of PNR but our TA was on top of things and informed us of the change before we went through a "mysty" moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, drron29 said:

Though when we flew to Tokyo for this cruise on a paid ticket that we paid for there was a change of PNR but our TA was on top of things and informed us of the change before we went through a "mysty" moment.

I'm chuffed @drron29 !  I now have a moment named after me!  😅  Even if it is a "the sky is falling" moment! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2