Celebrity not honouring rate?

PJ2911

On 1/4/2023 at 4:22 AM, the penguins said:

On the now defunct thread the OP gave the price as 💲200 per person per day which as it was for a suite included tips, fast WiFi and Premium Drinks. Now there may be examples of this price level for last minute bookings at the height of the Covid restart. However I doubt if you would find anything even close for a cruise 2 years in advance. Of course if you can find such prices the passengers affected might have a legitimate argument with X.

I have an upcoming 15 day cruise in an S1 and our total cost was $4200 for BOTH of us. This includes $900 in OBC and the other Retreat perks. This cruise was booked pre-covid and lifted and shifted 4 times but I have refused to cancel or refund this trip because it was so cheap and I couldn't touch this cabin for less than 10K now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a followup. It's been showing as a valid booking at my booked rate for two weeks until today. They've increased the price 6 times which is and all inclusive fare which I could never make worth while. I can't even use up the 4 free drinks I get with RCL. They are absolutely not willing to give on anything. We clearly are cancelling. (they graciously said they will allow us to cancel without charging us a cancelation fee!).

Sour sour sour taste here for my first dealing with Celebrity. 

We are gutted. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 6:52 PM, RumAndCoconuts said:

Well this is my first time ever booking with Celebrity...as I posted earlier I'm an RCCL Diamond. If they cancel this it will leave a sour taste in my mouth and I'd be extremely hesitant to book again in the future.

Wait and see what happens I guess. 

On 7/10/2023 at 3:28 PM, RumAndCoconuts said:

Just a followup. It's been showing as a valid booking at my booked rate for two weeks until today. They've increased the price 6 times which is and all inclusive fare which I could never make worth while. I can't even use up the 4 free drinks I get with RCL. They are absolutely not willing to give on anything. We clearly are cancelling. (they graciously said they will allow us to cancel without charging us a cancelation fee!).

Sour sour sour taste here for my first dealing with Celebrity. 

We are gutted. 

what do you mean that they increased the price six times?  

On 7/11/2023 at 7:34 PM, jagoffee said:

what do you mean that they increased the price six times?  

It was six times the original price we booked at. They offered only an All inclusive rate. I have told the agent many times we have to cancel in order to book on another cruise but it's like pulling teeth. They still have our money, no refund has been issued so I'm still showing an active booking. They've had our money now for going on 3 weeks. 😤

10 minutes ago, RumAndCoconuts said:

It was six times the original price we booked at. They offered only an All inclusive rate. I have told the agent many times we have to cancel in order to book on another cruise but it's like pulling teeth. They still have our money, no refund has been issued so I'm still showing an active booking. They've had our money now for going on 3 weeks. 😤

Just amazing.  Best of luck.

This happens on other cruiselines also. Our 2005 honeymoon cruise on HAL Westerdam had a pricing error, decimal in wrong place. HAL wanted to reprice, but our TA had faxed HAL requesting price confirmation and received price confirmation in writing from HAL. Didn’t matter, they increased the price but our TA got her agency mgmt involved and the issue got escalated. We ended up w about a 40% discount, but we were lucky. On the cruise our dinner table mates had the same pricing error, but since they booked directly w HAL, they didn’t get any breaks. 

Just another follow-up, we've just booked on the Baltic 14 day itinerary on the Britannia with P&O in it's place. 

I have to say that Celebrity did miss a trick though, Our travel agent batted for us to at least get a future cruise credit...which would of course insured we would sail with them in the future. But they didn't and that insures that we do not.