Veranda partial view priced lower than inside ?

horseymike

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking a multiple options for a Celebrity cruise to book lately, I came across one where the Veranda partial view cabins are priced considerably lower than the inside cabins. Meanwhile upon further research there are many inside cabins available.

Can anyone tell me why the cruise line would do this ?
Are the Vernada partial views a bad cabin ?
As always thanks for your comments.

3 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking a multiple options for a Celebrity cruise to book lately, I came across one where the Veranda partial view cabins are priced considerably lower than the inside cabins. Meanwhile upon further research there are many inside cabins available.

I’d take a partial view veranda over an inside any day!  No idea why they would so that. I wonder if it’s another pricing mistake. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

If these are S line ships 85% of cabins have balconies and, at least in the UK, there are regular promotions offering "free upgrades" to balconies". 

Usually the so called "partial view" balconies are on deck 6 and basically it means you look out over the life boats and have no view directly down to the water. Some are slightly more restricted as the life boat supports also obscure more of the view. Certainly not bad cabins although we prefer deck 7.

4 hours ago, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

One big question to answer - how much time do you spend on your balcony?  We spend a lot so would never book a partial view (and definitely not an inside cabin).  If you rarely spend time there, then it shouldn't affect  you much.  And even partial view balconies have some view so if you just periodically go out there you can still see the ocean or shore depending where you are.  Besides location and view, pricing is based on availability.  It could be that there are a lot of these types of cabins available so they are priced lower.  We see strange pricing here and there.  Usually Aqua is more than Concierge, but on some sailings it's been the opposite due to availability.

Not sure which are the cabins in question, but if you google the ship and room number, you can generally see photos of the view (or the approximation of the view from a neighboring room or a sister ship).

We booked an OV on the Millennium and were able to get a sense of the space that way, turns out there are just some support columns to either side of the balcony and it's covered above. No biggie. 

We also booked an "obstructed" balc on Princess for the same price as an inside room- no obstruction, just that the glass panel below the rail was instead steel ship structure. You could've probably fit a dozen people on it, so I considered it a win!

Worst case, you get some natural light and a little more living space. The only time I would take an inside over that would be if the veranda was directly above/below the buffet or something else noisy.